This is kinda cool.

ZemZem

So when I was money grinding in EXPotential Growth (I need more DLC. >_>), I paired up Inigo and Kjelle (they were lovers), and I pressed on the plus sign under Kjelle's picture so I could see her assassin animation for the hell of it. On the bottom screen, her face was blushing. Surprised, I then looked at Inigo's animation and saw that his face was blushing on the bottom screen, too.

I then tried it on my Avatar and Cynthia paired up (married to each other), and they were also blushing. Huh. Not bad.

Edited by Invader ZM

So when I was money grinding in EXPotential Growth (I need more DLC. >_>), I paired up Inigo and Kjelle (they were lovers), and I pressed on the plus sign under Kjelle's picture so I could see her assassin animation for the hell of it. On the bottom screen, her face was blushing. Surprised, I then looked at Inigo's animation and saw that his face was blushing on the bottom screen, too.

I then tried it on my Avatar and Cynthia paired up (married to each other), and they were also blushing. Huh. Not bad.

Yup! Pair a character with their respective wife/husband and they get a blushing portrait! It's adorable.

Of course, I didn't initially find this in my family, my sister did. You don't have to guess with who.

It's old news by now, but I do think it's such a nice aesthetic touch. Viewing a character when they have low health shows them looking pained/distressed, too.

I think Leif's blade is involved.

More likely just the Despoil skill, considering Leif's Blade is slow to aquire and not extremely cheap. Well, maybe Leif's Blade + Armsthrift + massive luck.

Yup! Pair a character with their respective wife/husband and they get a blushing portrait! It's adorable.

Of course, I didn't initially find this in my family, my sister did. You don't have to guess with who.

OMG, I gotta see this with Frederick and my Avatar then! Such a cool and cute touch. :3

Why are they blushing in the middle of a warzone is what I always wondered. Certainly not the time to get flirty. Otherwise, it's a nice detail I guess.

Why are they blushing in the middle of a warzone is what I always wondered. Certainly not the time to get flirty. Otherwise, it's a nice detail I guess.

Same reason Forde is painting in the middle of a battle in FE8, I suppose: for support characterization. Very few supports in the older games actually made sense in the context of a battle, and the same is true of many of the awakening pair up event tile convos etc.

How do you money grind in EXPonential Growth, exactly? Surely EXPonential Growth is where you grind for EXP...

[insert link to maximum efficiency bullion grinding thread I posted a month back]

But to stay on topic, I did notice this as well. I had Chrom and Sumia paired up (chromXsumia, sue me) and I checked on the character portrait because, believe it or not, I didn't know what the portrait did yet. And Chrom was blushing, I was all confused. Sure enough I dug around and figured out it was a marriage thing. Much like how you discovered it.

How do you money grind in EXPonential Growth, exactly? Surely EXPonential Growth is where you grind for EXP...

As others have said, Leif's Blade + Armsthrift + capped LUCK were used.

Cynthia has the cutest blush.

You know, I just thought. I bet the blushing happens because one member of the couple just showed off in front of their spouse and their spouse then praised them for it, causing them to blush. Would be so cute.

Frederick: *does a few practice attacks before his wife, Kelli*

Kelli: Wooow, Frederick! You put on an amazing performance as always, handsome.

Frederick: *now blushing* Oh, why thanks, my love.

Edited by Anacybele