Character Average Stats Excel Chart

Ledtim

Basically, I took the data from http://serenesforest.net/ for Fire Emblem 6, 7, and 8 and organized them into programmed and color-coded excel files. If you enter a number at the top indicating a level, the chart automatically calculates what each character's expected statistics would be at that level. You can use it compare different characters quickly. For example, with this excel chart, you can compare which swordmaster has the most avoid at lvl3 promoted with a couple of mouseclicks. This chart takes into account promotion bonuses and stat caps. Also, if you want, you can see if a character in your current game got blessed or cursed by the random stat growths in comparison to the expected stats.

More detailed instructions are in the Excel charts themselves. Feel free to distribute as long as you don't remove the credit in the chart. If you make a chart based on this one for other FE games, please e-mail me a copy (though since the charts originally were meant to be a lot simpler and only for my personal use, the coding and the formatting is kind of messy, so it's not as easy to make a new chart as it should be)

fescreen.gif

Get them here:

http://members.shaw.ca/ledtim/FECharacterCharts.htm

Wait, I thought we already had a page(s) like this on the site?

Not for Sword of Seals, but there already is a site dedicated to averages in each game, except for Fire Emblems 2 and 3, Japanese version of Sacred Stoners (some growths were changed), and Radiant Dawn. There's even a "Tear Ring Saga" thing in there.

http://fea.fewiki.net/ This site is used by all professional Fire Emblem debates.

It doesn't mention Hard Mode bonuses for the Fire Emblem 6 and 7 characters, though. It can be just a simple add the average bonus to the stats, I suppose. Serenes Forest only has average stats for Fire Emblem 7 and on. The Path of Radiance has some twitchy version of it, but though it's not nearly as reliable as the other versions.

Yeah, I knew about that site before. An excel chart is much more convenient though. You can see all the characters at once and sort the characters by all sorts of parameters. For example, if you enter level 20 on the top of the chart, you can see all the recruitable characters' stats at that level at once and sort in ascending or descending depending on multiple parameters (sort by class, then by weighted stat sum, for example, to compare different characters of the same class.).

FEAwiki and this chart should give the same values, with one exception: characters with stats that hit stat caps. I didn't go with that method of accounting for the expected stats in my chart because:

1. While that is the correct method to get the average stat, when the stat has more than 80% chance of going over the value listed in FEA, it's not really expected stat. I actually made a point of using the phrase "expected stat" instead of "average stat" in the excel chart itself, but that slipped my mind when I titled this post. Oops.

2. I also prefer my chart's method of auto-colour-coding stats that ram stat caps.

3. For most of characters that have differences (maybe all?), the discrepancy is less than 1 stat point, and you know, it's kind of tedious to set up to calculate that average, so I didn't bother.

Edited by Ledtim