FE 14 plot

Repeat blah original ideas blah blah but anyway

We're always fighting for royalty and shit, and just going with the "noble kings/queens/princes/princesses" fantasy schticks, almost never acknowledging that most of the (royal) monarchs with power through history, even those not considered "evil," could be major shitbags, ruling their subjects through intimidation and oppression and whatnot.

Give me a game in a French Revolution civil war kinda situation, a country falling apart over protests against a royal line with a (recent) history of corruption and repression, and an uprising fueled by rage against the machine and opportunism. And opposition leaders that dream of freedom and representative government, but whose shit is woefully far from being together, and whose own members are in danger of splintering into factions and gangsters. Give me a choice of my protagonist's background, like military family/distant royalty/scholar/yokel, and let me choose whether to try to reinstate the monarchy and the sense of order they bring, to fight for a burgeoning republic, or to go Full Napoleon, and have some commentary on what this person's origins and actions say about them and what legacy they leave for their country.

Maybe have some nebulous forces of darkness infest the hearts and minds of the people, pulling out one another's thirsts to grotesque lengths as blood begets blood, thus threatening to prolong the conflict long enough to send a once-proud nation spiraling into a Dark Age, or something.

Just, whatever, take your long-running, multi-million dollar series and do something with it, damn it

(He yelled, as he shook his fist at a cloud)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two ideas, but the above quote fits this-

The game (as I imagine it) would be a Magvel game, hundreds of years after the War of the Stones. It returns the three-tier promotion system, the magic triangle, and has a 3-route split. There are three main characters,

1) Gondin, A studious and orderly mage and son of a powerful duke. In battle, he is a mage with lower speed and res but high magic and defenses. His initial class uses light and dark. In his third tier, he can use anima, staves, light and dark.

2) Jea, a violent princess who's axe skills are noticeably better than her diplomacy. In battle, she is fast, defensive, and meaty, but is a little low on skill side despite her generally superior stats. Remains axe-locked through all 3 tiers.

3) Darick, a militant and young warrior king, rides a Wyvern, but not just any Wyvern, a somehow special Wyvern. His initial tier uses lances, he gains bows in second tier, and in third tier he can have his Wyvern use dragon stones. Has high skill and strength, but low speed

All three of then have very clashing ideals (Gondin desires the good of the people via the law, Jea desires glory and honor for her kingdom, and Darick wants to have control over everything), which culminates in the three armies often crossing paths and sometimes warring, sometimes talking out their differences temporarily. In the end the three must team up to save the world or something, like radiant dawn, but infinitely less stupid.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Only 4 characters from the 1st gen that is teenager. This mean, I can safely assume that the rest of the cast is at least 20's years old right?

Probably. IIRC, Sigurd is about 22. Most are in their mid 20s at the oldest as far as I can tell.

The language isn't bad of course, but everything else it is. Combined with bad directing and we have a mess that is called FE13 story. There are a lot of potential here and there in FE13 story, like Mustafa that many people have to mention, but IS didn't think to expand the matter in order to make it more impactful.

Yes, I agree thought that maybe the bad story of FE13 might come from the time constraint and pressure that Nintendo gives. The quality of some DLC clearly spoke about that since IS team make them after the game went gold and ready to release, which mean no time constraint. I hope Nintendo wouldn't give them ridiculousy short development cycle, and give more freedom for IS to develop the next FE this time.

You'd be surprised. When developing Awakening's story it probably went 1) basic concept because it's completely necessary to the entire game, 2) characters because they're ever-present, 3) supports because they're a gameplay mechanic, 4) refine the characters because of supports, 5) refine the plot. There was a ton of writing to do in Awakening, so the dev cycle doesn't even have to be relatively short for it to be tough to fit everything in. Simpler story means less to refine, which means more time spent on refinement, which means better quality of what's there.

I always liked the simple plots of Fire Emblem games, I mean not like in Shadow Dragon, where it's all but non-existent, but I'm not a fan of the complexity that RD part 4 had, (but I still mostly liked the game's plot). I also didn't like Awakening's skipping of detail in order to make Avatar and Chrom shine brighter. Simplicity doesn't mean bad. Also, in response to Ninja Monkey, I was simply stating that was the foundation of an FE game, you take that first step, and go from there, cutting or pasting a few things and work on a unique game.

Pretty much this.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Repeat blah original ideas blah blah but anyway

We're always fighting for royalty and shit, and just going with the "noble kings/queens/princes/princesses" fantasy schticks, almost never acknowledging that most of the (royal) monarchs with power through history, even those not considered "evil," could be major shitbags, ruling their subjects through intimidation and oppression and whatnot.

Give me a game in a French Revolution civil war kinda situation, a country falling apart over protests against a royal line with a (recent) history of corruption and repression, and an uprising fueled by rage against the machine and opportunism. And opposition leaders that dream of freedom and representative government, but whose shit is woefully far from being together, and whose own members are in danger of splintering into factions and gangsters. Give me a choice of my protagonist's background, like military family/distant royalty/scholar/yokel, and let me choose whether to try to reinstate the monarchy and the sense of order they bring, to fight for a burgeoning republic, or to go Full Napoleon, and have some commentary on what this person's origins and actions say about them and what legacy they leave for their country.

Maybe have some nebulous forces of darkness infest the hearts and minds of the people, pulling out one another's thirsts to grotesque lengths as blood begets blood, thus threatening to prolong the conflict long enough to send a once-proud nation spiraling into a Dark Age, or something.

Just, whatever, take your long-running, multi-million dollar series and do something with it, damn it

(He yelled, as he shook his fist at a cloud)

I can see an fe game based on French Revolution. The Michalis could be all Robespierre-ey, and he could be used by the Gharnef to destroy some noble of key importance to the lords cause. All I ask is that IS does not try to make u on the side of the revolutionaries.

Because making high-quality SRPGs isn't something?

I was being melodramatic, I admit. I meant "__ with the story"