Ace Combat Infinity

Raven

I don't know about being in UK. Depending on how much of the Ulysses plot-line is used, I could see the Chandelier also making an appearance, and if it's placed in Anea's equivalent, Scandinavia, I don't see both superweapons being so close together (heck, in Strangereal, Anea is close to Yuktobania, which is the Russia of Strangereal, so it's a perfect fit right there). On the other hand, trying to picture their ranges... Stonehenge alone could cover continental Europe properly if it were aligned closer to the center, not the UK. In fact, I wouldn't think Stonehenge to be in UK if that were the case, otherwise you leave a good chunk of it's effective range over the ocean. Unless they thought of intercepting tsunami-inducing meteors.

So my point would be... hmm... no, scratch that, it's still too soon to tell.

Goddamned Raven, you really hit the nail with one.

Though that mean UK suffered less catastrophic casualty than any other Europe nation if the Ulysses really hit the atmosphere? Make sense actually though it would make it harder for Project Aces to find replacement for Erusea (ISAF is roughly European Union counterpart). One option is to make UK Erusea counterpart, an extremely right-wing UK that is since they refused to took more refuge from the asteroid impact. Heh, fascist UK being Erusea counterpart is have too much sense at this point.

This could work indeed. Actually, in that case, I can see Stonehenge being in Switzerland. Stonehenge after all was built in San Salvacion due to being known for it's neutrality in Usea's history. And being in Switzerland it's effective range can cover most of Europe, just like how in Strangereal it covered a good portion of Usea. Though then I'd wonder if they haves plans for Germany/Belka as well... hmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Since San Salvacion is pretty much Strangereal counterpart of Switzerland, the idea of UK plow through mainland Europe (even in their very awakened state) to acquire control of Stonehenge sounds so ridiculous too. Right, we've to wait future trailer to see who become who.

Everything seen is only teaser, so yeah... I'm sure we have a few things right at least. I too don't think Stonehenge will be in the UK - I don't think the UK will even play a semi-large part in this game.

But the lack of Mobius 1 so far is sad. I have a feeling he will appear in some massive reveal in the near future, though. Watch out for them ISAF F-22's.

Edited by Raven

Everything seen is only teaser, so yeah... I'm sure we have a few things right at least. I too don't think Stonehenge won't be in the UK - I don't think the UK will even play a semi-large part in this game.

But the lack of Mobius 1 so far is sad. I have a feeling he will appear in some massive reveal in the near future, though. Watch out for them ISAF F-22's.

Maybe it's gonna be like Zero's Gauntlet or 5's Operation Katina. Were those were revealed during the teasers of 5 and Zero? If not, then perhaps Mobius 1 may do a surprise appearance here too.

Besides, Sky Eye is confirmed. I just can't see him appearing but not Mobius 1.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

My main with DFM is how they remove health and replace it with regeneration to accomodate the new system. Freaking immersion breaker I say since your health would also regenerate from normal missile and gun. Well, I hope they bring High G-Turn in Infinity.

What's your problem with dMF Raven? I need more opinion on this since I'm not very good at spotting flaw outside of writing and presentation department.

I've been playing AC since Air Combat. I was extremely happy with the way planes are controlled in AC 4, 5, 0 and 6. High-G turns were fine, didn't mind those.

DFM is essentially on-rails. I play Ace Combat for the freedom - the way I want to play it. Yeah it makes things hella dramatic by taking you through city blocks at less than a hundred feet altitude, and inches away from falling cranes etc., but it's not what I want in my AC game. I tried to play through the first mission without using the DFM, once. Couldn't do it. It forces you to use it because it's scripted and there's no other way to shoot down significant end-of-level enemies. Fuck that shit, man. That is not Ace Combat. It's Ace On-Rails-Gimic-In-An-Attempt-To-Extend-The-Fanbase/Profit-Through-Flashy-Off-The-Walls-In-Your-Face Combat.

Works for some. Not me.

Edited by Raven

My main with DFM is how they remove health and replace it with regeneration to accomodate the new system. Freaking immersion breaker I say since your health would also regenerate from normal missile and gun. Well, I hope they bring High G-Turn in Infinity.

What's your problem with dMF Raven? I need more opinion on this since I'm not very good at spotting flaw outside of writing and presentation department.

On the very hard difficulty they removed regen which breaks the system and makes it completely pointless. Also who barrel rolls a missile in a helicopter ... seriously?

Worst part of AH is how it forces you to engage in DFM whilst making enemy planes immune to damage ..... (especially boss and set pieces ... which are like everywhere). Also on many QTE you don't even need to press button ...

But yeah infinity looks good but sold my PS3 - with PS4 incoming I see cash cow plan ... the paid element for infinity would be most likely planes and skins at rather silly prices I would guess.

Edited by AlliedG

• 4 weeks later...

Newest Infinity teaser:

I am wet.

If you don't know already, this game will be free to play, so there really is no excuse to at least download it (~5 GB on your PlayStation 3 hard drive) and give it a good playing through.

Edited by Raven

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my. If only it is not F2P, my blood would pump, my body would explode right now. But I guess no choice for poor man here, lets just hope the monetization is the likes of cosmetics, skins, etc. Not like premium Idolmaster bullshit or locked scneario behind (expensive) paywall.

Woah...

Wait, I saw Stonehenge Type 3 in there... does that means those things are scattered across the world? I suppose that could be... or just the model or version of the weapon, who knows.

Also, at 1:40 I clearly heard AC5's Edge, even mentioning her callsign. Awesome, the Wardog/Razgriz are here too! Well, not that I doubted it that much, but that's now a clear confirmation I guess... well, at least for Edge.

Dammit... I want a PS3 so badly now...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It is supposed to be released in September right? I will post my impression when I get my hand on it.

Actually, I'm pretty worry about Namdai monetization model. Their recent Japanese game, JoJo Allstar Battle from what I heard have extremely lot of DLC Characters, then it have stamina model where you can only replenish with other DLC. That's pretty bad considering JoJO ASBR is a pay-to-play game. But I will put that aside and see if Namdai have better things to offer for overseas audience.

Edited by Shengar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome...

Now I want to know what exactly does the colored up areas at 2:25-2:50 mean. I kinda thought of being where the Ulysses fragments did most damage, but then some of the clusters match where some of the Stonehenges are (at the very least, I saw a match with the Middle East one), so it can't be that, does it? Not to mention that previous videos showed fragments falling in other places of the world that didn't colored up in this video (the southeast Canada area comes to mind). Hmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt