If Fire Emblem: Awakening got balance patches...

What do you think would be changed?

I think the following would be changed:

- Sniper

-Hit Rate +20 removed

-Bowfaire has become the 5th level skill for the Sniper

-Galeforce added as a 15th level skill

- Bow Knight

-Max strength cap changed from 40 to 43

- Dark Flyer

-Galeforce removed

-Shadowgift added (Allows for more dark magic to be used)

- Tactician

-Veteran: Changed from 50% extra experience to 35% extra experience

- Berserker

-Wrath: Changed from "Below 50% HP" to "On player's phase"

-Axefaire removed, given to Dread Fighter

-New 15th Skill added: Fiery Rage: Must be in melee combat. +5 Strength +5 Speed when damaged.

-Dread Fighter

-No longer a male only class

-Resistance +10 replaced by Axefaire

-Sage

-Max magic cap changed from 46 to 49

-Dark Knight

-Slow Burn removed, replaced by Resistance +10

Lance

- Shockstick: Range changed from 1 to 1-2

Tomes

-Nosferatu: Might changed from 7 to 4

-Aversa's Might: Might changed from 15 to 11

Staves

- New staves

-Berserk: Functions like FE7 berserk staff

-Sleep: Functions like FE7 sleep staff

Note: This thread is mainly for fun. Add what you think would be in a balance patch

Would be changed? That's quite a specific guess. Could be changed... well, maybe.

I don't think most of your changes are really needed. Why are we weakening Dread Fighters, a DLC class? And why make it gender neutral? You do realise there's Dread Fighter for males and Bride for females right? Why would Wrath be player phase only? It's been enemy phase only, that makes sense (you stab me, I kill you), but player phase is weird and unthematic. Why weaken Nosferatu and Aversa's Night but leave all Braves and Celica's Gale untouched? How exactly are Berserk and Sleep staves being added 'balancing' in any way? What are they meant to even balance?

I do like the idea of Sniper having Galeforce and Dark Flier getting Shadowgift in exchange. That'd actually be a good change I think... except for the fact that as soon as you get it, you'd just switch to another class. Plus it'd totally ruin everything pairing wise which is funny.

Would be changed? That's quite a specific guess. Could be changed... well, maybe.

I don't think most of your changes are really needed. Why are we weakening Dread Fighters, a DLC class? And why make it gender neutral? You do realise there's Dread Fighter for males and Bride for females right? Why would Wrath be player phase only? It's been enemy phase only, that makes sense (you stab me, I kill you), but player phase is weird and unthematic. Why weaken Nosferatu and Aversa's Night but leave all Braves and Celica's Gale untouched? How exactly are Berserk and Sleep staves being added 'balancing' in any way? What are they meant to even balance?

I do like the idea of Sniper having Galeforce and Dark Flier getting Shadowgift in exchange. That'd actually be a good change I think... except for the fact that as soon as you get it, you'd just switch to another class. Plus it'd totally ruin everything pairing wise which is funny.

You make a good point with the Dread Fighter DLC case. I was thinking allowing females to get Axefaire, as they don't have access to it currently. Could be given to someone else. I do realize the Bride DLC is for females which is why I was hoping someone would mention something about adding a similar class to the male side, but adding the Dread Fighter to the females, in which Dread Fighter has Axefaire, would allow for a little more skill variety.

With Wrath, I was thinking more of a focused strike filled with wrath, not just induced from the enemy. It could work enemy phase, though, if that's how you would like it.

I did forget about the Brave weapons and Celica's, though. Good catch.

Berserk and Sleep staves are a small buff to staff users who can't put pressure on players anymore. That, and berserk staves are amazing and should not be excluded.

You make a good point with the Dread Fighter DLC case. I was thinking allowing females to get Axefaire, as they don't have access to it currently. Could be given to someone else. I do realize the Bride DLC is for females which is why I was hoping someone would mention something about adding a similar class to the male side, but adding the Dread Fighter to the females, in which Dread Fighter has Axefaire, would allow for a little more skill variety.

With Wrath, I was thinking more of a focused strike filled with wrath, not just induced from the enemy. It could work enemy phase, though, if that's how you would like it.

I did forget about the Brave weapons and Celica's, though. Good catch.

Berserk and Sleep staves are a small buff to staff users who can't put pressure on players anymore. That, and berserk staves are amazing and should not be excluded.

What about Lancefaire then?

What about Lancefaire then?

...That's also a good point. I forgot about that.

Add Soldier Class, add Lancefaire to Soldier, switch Lancefaire on Falcon Knight. :P

balance patches, to a game with no multiplayer?

what is this

Balance patch:

-Multiplayer added

Done :P

RUNESWORD.

Make spotpass characters more special like Priam.

Gangrel - New Skills: Vantage and Armsthrift

Walhart - New Skills: Aegis and Prescience

Emmeryn - New Skills: Dual Guard+ and Righful King

Yen'fay - New Skills: Luna and Galeforce

Aversa - New Skill: Tomefaire

Class set changes

Virion - Replace Mage with Cavalier

Cherche - Replace Troubadour with Knight (still changes to Fighter for Gerome)

Libra - Replace Mage with Fighter (Changes to Pegasus Knight for daughters)

Skill Cry replaces Accuracy +20.

Rangers get a skill that has Skill% chance of them automatically changing from a sword to a bow and vice versa when attacked and unable to counter.

Wrath activates like TRS Life or Death (crit % proportional to HP % lost).

Gamble is a command skill where you can choose to lower your accuracy by X to get Y crit.

Paladins' Defender replaced by the old FE5 Charge.

Make spotpass characters more special like Priam.

Emmeryn - New Skills: Dual Guard+ and Rightful King

I may be wrong, but isn't Emmeryn's only activation skill miracle? It seems like Rightful King is a bit of a waste, unless you want it to be passed down to Morgan.

Edited by Dark Champion

I may be wrong, but isn't Emmeryn's only activation skill miracle? It seems like Rightful King is a bit of a waste, unless you want it to be passed down to Morgan.

I find it thematically appropriate.

A patch that fixes the SpotPass/DLC bug would be nice. 8U I still give a sad sigh when I see my awesomely trained up Marth and Roy, and I can't use them for StreetPass.

Geez, no Dark Mage/Sorc balance option? I would.

- Nosferatu and Aversa's Night restores 1/4 rather than 1/2 HP

- Sol doesn't stack with Nosferatu/AN, with Nosf/AN overwriting the Sol effect

Other patches:

- Bow Knights and Griffon Riders get their stats boosted in almost everything. Swordmasters get their Strength bumped with the cost of magic. Tricksters got their stats revoked.

- Griffon Riders get swords

- Fixed game difficulty, making it similar to FE7's difficulty(Normal = ENM, Hard = EHM/HNM, Lunatic = HHM, Lunatic+ = HHM with skills, but you also get access to handicap skills like Nihil or Cancel)

- Weapon triangle actually did something

Actually, I feel like the patches aren't enough to fix the game, I'd rather remake the game with these features:

- Add Light Magic, Light Mage/Bishop, and the magic triangle back

- Bishops get Tomebreaker. Sorcs get Daunt(-10 hit and crit rate to the enemy on 3 tile range)

- Snipers get Sure Strike(Skl% to add 25% of your Hit rate to your damage) instead of Hit +20

- Rallies removed, now being scrolls instead of fixed skills for each class(except Spectrum, Movement and Heart)

- With rallies removed, said classes will get these skills instead:

Warrior: gets Colossus(Skl% to add 25% extra damage)

Sage: gets Wisdom(doubles support effects)

General: gets Fortune(negates enemy critical hits)

Bow Knight: gets Adept(Skl% to repeat an attack)

Falcon Knight: gets Pursuit(Skl% to add half of Speed to damage)

War Monk/Cleric: gets Slayer(deals effective damage to Dark Magic wielders)

Valkyrie: gets Grace(heals the HP of adjacent allies by 30%)

Geez, no Dark Mage/Sorc balance option? I would.

- Nosferatu and Aversa's Night restores 1/4 rather than 1/2 HP

- Sol doesn't stack with Nosferatu/AN, with Nosf/AN overwriting the Sol effect

Or better yet, those tomes could just give the Sol skill.

- Weapon triangle actually did something

Right, because e.g. +4 mt, +40 hit, +5 def, +30 avoid is totally irrelevant (total bonus foe switching from axes to lances vs. a sword user, with everyone at A rank).

Or better yet, those tomes could just give the Sol skill.

Yeah, this could work too.

Right, because e.g. +4 mt, +40 hit, +5 def, +30 avoid is totally irrelevant (total bonus foe switching from axes to lances vs. a sword user, with everyone at A rank).

Iunno, maybe it's because of the grinding, pairup and supports that makes it redundant?

A patch that fixes the SpotPass/DLC bug would be nice. 8U I still give a sad sigh when I see my awesomely trained up Marth and Roy, and I can't use them for StreetPass.

This. This bug formed during translation, so I'd expect it to be patched first to make all copies equal (besides text differences) though it's too late now to expect such a thing to happen. I wouldn't use legacy characters, but I feel for people who don't know that the bug affects a lot of copies or people who wish to use them; I want to see more variety in teams. Yes, you can replicate legacy characters with avatars but it's not the same.