Chrom and avatar

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was still able to see it just fine. I don't get what you're saying.

Oh, also, Shadowofchaos, I never for a minute thought the OP was serious since it makes no sense, as I said. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I was still able to see it just fine. I don't get what you're saying.

Just because *YOU* are doesn't mean the link isn't broken.

You can see it just fine because it's in your browser cache. Other people can't see it unless they host it elsewhere like ZM did.

Avatar isn't even canonically female. Saying that Chrom/Avatar is canon isolates all the people who play as a male Avatar. Likewise, saying something like Lucina/Avatar is canon isolates all the people who play as a female Avatar. Therefore, there is no canon pairing for the Avatar. Besides, I see nothing wrong with a platonic relationship between Chrom and the avatar.

Avatar isn't even canonically female. Saying that Chrom/Avatar is canon isolates all the people who play as a male Avatar. Likewise, saying something like Lucina/Avatar is canon isolates all the people who play as a female Avatar. Therefore, there is no canon pairing for the Avatar. Besides, I see nothing wrong with a platonic relationship between Chrom and the avatar.

Pretty sure there isn't ANY canon for any pairing here (Sumia is hinted as what IS considers the canon wife, but they still leave it up to the player, so I view it kinda like how Bioware does canon [ie, player's choice]). Besides, what with alternate universes being basically canon, we could take the Type-Moon route and say EVERYTHING is canon. Even what the opening post says.

Avatar is a hermaphrodite, canonically. Clearly.

And Gangrel doesn't have any problem swinging that way. Because he doesn't have any supports with anyone else but MU. Clearly.

we could take the Type-Moon route and say EVERYTHING is canon. Even what the opening post says.

Two Morgans exist.

MaMU x FeMU canon.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Now that you mention it... I think I may have read that one.

Was Village Maiden!Lucina in it?

I remember reading one like this in which Chrom x Olivia turns into Lon'qu x Olivia and Chrom x MaMU... (post chapter 11 and the marriage stuff)

I ragequit after the second chapter

I remember reading one like this in which Chrom x Olivia turns into Lon'qu x Olivia and Chrom x MaMU... (post chapter 11 and the marriage stuff)

I ragequit after the second chapter

Oh! I'm actually reading this one myself...

It's um... an interesting read.

Hahaha, so you guys are all reading stories on fanfiction.net?

You guys should join the Skype group, where SB finds these bad fanfics and reads them to the entire group, flipping tables and all that jazz.

EDIT: Actually, he hasn't done it in a while. Never mind!

Edited by Sangyul

Now that you mention it... I think I may have read that one.

Was Village Maiden!Lucina in it?

I actually think I read that one too. If its the one I'm thinking about, its very well written; even though it ships ChromxFeMU while Chrom was married to Maiden, it doesn't excuse them from being in love while Chrom is already taken in an arranged marriage. I think their affair actually came out because they recruited twin male and female Morgans, who were Maiden!Lucina's half siblings and had brands of their own. I never did finish it; I should probably go see if I can find it again...

I totally agree; no canon pairings or genders whatsoever. I don't typically like it when makers announce a canon gender to an either/or gendered character. Like, its not a huge deal, but I wished they allowed a female version of Villager to be playable in the upcoming Smash Bros., just to represent female players of Animal Crossing. Same goes for a female Pokemon Trainer. Just irks me sometimes...

I think the only canonized gender announcement I didn't mind was in Soul Nomad, because it actually fit the story more...

I agree with you, Silver Lightning, and Sangyul. You're both right on the dot. I like to say everything is canon too because we control who marries who (for the most part. There's still no excuse for why Sumia has limited supports) and all.

You guys should join the Skype group, where SB finds these bad fanfics and reads them to the entire group, flipping tables and all that jazz.

EDIT: Actually, he hasn't done it in a while. Never mind!

That sounds hilarious... I have suggestions if he ever does it again.

You seem to be forgetting the Chrom x Avatar (M) shippers, although I haven't seen much of them.

:P:

I am leaving out Lucina x Avatar (F), though, because I've never heard of anyone supporting that pairing.

-------------

The below is a test, please ignore it:

re-edit: nvm, test failed, test deleted

Edited by Euklyd

I totally agree; no canon pairings or genders whatsoever.

Yah it seemed to me like that was relatively obvious :O In my naive mind, I thought this would greatly reduce the amount of shipping wars, but I guess not.

Yeah, it SHOULD be obvious, even despite the slight pushing of ChromxSumia (which I think was only done to give newbies a helping hand, particularly if they play a male Avatar. They see the little push, they immediately know Chrom is hitchable to her and don't have to worry about accidentally marrying him to someone they had other plans for. Once they know the game better, then they might decide they prefer him with a different girl). But I guess some people just don't see that. xP

Also, don't mistake Awakening fics with pairings to be authors who think something is absolutely canon. I wrote a wedding for Frederick and my Avatar, but merely because that is a marriage that occurred in my file, not to argue that it's absolutely canon or anything. I don't even use the Avatar's default name because I named her Kelli instead. Someone else's Avatar can have a different name and spouse, and is a different Avatar in my eyes, thus, is part of a different reality of the game.

There's still no excuse for why Sumia has limited supports

slight pushing of ChromxSumia

"Slight" push of Chrom and Sumia? There's no other reason other than the developers pushing it along with the opening movie... AND the support growth and priority... AND the punch slap... AND the movie named "Lovebirds"... AND the no S support hug at the end of Chapter 12. You as the player have to make a CONSCIOUS effort to keep Sumia away from Chrom or kill her off in her joining chapter (to erase all supports gained in that chapter) to prevent her from getting that Falchion.

They're practically shoving it in your face, however you as the player still have the choice.

It's like one in a Dragon Quest game... where there was the choice between two girls for the main character, and one was the more "canon" choice.

However, at least Awakening doesn't take it to the level that said game took the "developer's choice". If you chose the canon girl, the other one would still live a happy life. If you chose the other girl over the "canon" one, the canon girl would work in horrible conditions, implied to be assaulted every day, and her grandfather, her only relative left, would die of illness.

Thank goodness Awakening didn't take it that far.

There is still a "developer's chosen"... which Sumia clearly has. That's what every freaking shipping war with Chrom starts with. If Sumia was still the same character, and she wasn't the "developer's chosen", the one that was chosen for Chrom would be taking all the hate.

One reason I know a few of my friends don't pair her up with him is because they find it too boring and that's completely fine. But Sumia takes a bit of unfair flak even with her pie supports... and yet other pairings such as Gaius x Olivia and Kellam x Lissa that involve food don't get the same flak.

In fact, she is the ONLY one who gets bashed out of all of Chrom's potential wives.

Chrom x Male Avatar supports are also arguably better written than Chrom x Female Avatar supports.

...also, I don't see any Male Avatar self-inserts who marry Sumia complaining about it? Why the hell are the Chrom x Avatar fangirls much more vocal?

And yes, THERE ARE people who marry Sumia besides "it's because I only want Cynthia as a daughter". I know a few (very few) that like Sumia as a character herself.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Firstly, I don't count the punch in the face as a hint to the pairing, and second, I thought you said Olivia had the highest priority in that one thread you made. You're right about those other hints though. Still, I don't think Sumia should've had limited supports.

Also, it's not THAT hard to not marry Sumia to Chrom. Either don't use her, marry her off to one of her earlier joining choices, or have Chrom start supporting with the female Avatar, Sully, or Maribelle early on. I had no trouble whatsoever getting Chrom hitched to Olivia in my first run. I didn't use Sumia, I hitched my Avatar and Maribelle early, Sully was able to get a C with Chrom, but in the end, he still married Olivia.

And I agree that Chrom's support with the male Avatar is much better than his support with the female.

*cracks knuckles*

Time to white-knight a fictional character.

Firstly, I don't count the punch in the face as a hint to the pairing

o4T78v9.png

Main character only scene. Why the HELL would they put her there if not for that reason?

Same for that line by Flavia.

It was the "get ahold of yourself" slap that only close friends would probably be able to do.

She just messed up and it made it more hilarious.

second, I thought you said Olivia had the highest priority in that one thread you made.

Someone should re-read that *ENTIRE* thread, or the mainsite.

She is the highest priority for special case:

1. If she obtains 18 support points with Chrom, AND none of the females have a C support.

And she doesn't have a chance in hell of marrying him if the others have a C support with him and they're not married off.

Killing them also doesn't actually help. I killed Sumia off from Gangrel in that same chapter in classic mode and stuck Olivia to Chrom. He STILL married Sumia because Olivia didn't get 18 points with Chrom.

Other than that, if they have equal points and Olivia has not achieved the max 18 support points you can get within that one chapter, Sumia will always marry Chrom if she has equal points with all the other marriage candidates.

Also, it's not THAT hard to not marry Sumia to Chrom. Either don't use her, marry her off to one of her earlier joining choices, or have Chrom start supporting with the female Avatar, Sully, or Maribelle early on. I had no trouble whatsoever getting Chrom hitched to Olivia in my first run. I didn't use Sumia, I hitched my Avatar and Maribelle early, Sully was able to get a C with Chrom, but in the end, he still married Olivia.

I didn't say it was hard. It was still a CONSCIOUS effort for you to not use her and keep her away from him. It's a hell of a lot easier to forget that they have the second highest support growth. I got screwed on support log grinding for Olivia x Chrom when I attacked an enemy with Chrom and Sumia next to each other on the chapter she joins.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Chrom x Male Avatar supports are also arguably better written than Chrom x Female Avatar supports.

Arguably? Definitely. I appreciate that at least for Chrom they wrote different supports, but with what they came up with I wouldn't mind if the current Chrom x Avatar (F) supports were scrapped and replaced with the Chrom x Avatar (M) ones. And I'm a Chrom x Avatar (F) person as it is.

Of course, it's the B and A conversations specifically that are a problem. C is fine.

And honestly, if they *WERE* pushing Chrom x Sumia so much... why the hell does every potential wife Chrom has (besides Female MU, because main character) just disappear of the face of the planet besides supports?

Essentially, I'm complaining about the fact that Olivia gets *ONE* scene as a main character if she does marry him.

Edited by shadowofchaos