Bow Chrom

Djing

It's probably because the pair-up bonuses for Sniper are kinda meh (as in, they don't help with SPD at all). Actually, Bow Knight's pair-ups don't look half-bad. Bows also have the advantage of being outside of the weapon triangle. Probably a setup like:

Bow Knight!Chrom w/ Forged Brave Bows

-Dual Strike+

-Dual Guard+

-Aggressor

-Bowfaire

-Limit Breaker

Would work fine as a support unit, I would imagine.

Edited by Canto

The only sensible option of those two is Bow Knight; Sniper provides largely useless pair-up bonuses. And since BKs have two weapon types, he might actually benefit more from All Stats+2, if he's using his sword relatively often (which he migh for his only infinite weapon). You also have to consider that Paladin trades +4 Str for -1 skl/spd/mov, which could prove more effective depending on your playstyle. Lastly, Aggressor kind of makes up for his lack of a -faire, because it will probably push him over the edge for ensuring ORKOs, in which case the +5 from Bowfaire is wasted. I personally prefer Hit+20 to make his Falchion more reliable.

The only sensible option of those two is Bow Knight; Sniper provides largely useless pair-up bonuses. And since BKs have two weapon types, he might actually benefit more from All Stats+2, if he's using his sword relatively often (which he migh for his only infinite weapon). You also have to consider that Paladin trades +4 Str for -1 skl/spd/mov, which could prove more effective depending on your playstyle. Lastly, Aggressor kind of makes up for his lack of a -faire, because it will probably push him over the edge for ensuring ORKOs, in which case the +5 from Bowfaire is wasted. I personally prefer Hit+20 to make his Falchion more reliable.

or you could, you know, run Bowfaire AND Aggressor, especially since Chrom is usually a support bot and would run something like Limit Breaker/Dual Guard+/Dual Attack+/Aggressor/Bowfaire

Huh? The rest of that sentence detailed exactly why you might choose not to use both. It may not actually confer an actual change in efficiency of scoring kills, while another skill like Hit+20 might.

OP was asking why Bowfaire wouldn't be used, and that's what I was responding to.

A king does not bow for his subjects.

Oh, wait, not fftf... Uh, Idunno, but bows kinda suck... =/

Bows are pretty much the best weapon for a support to run in the postgame. No weapon triangle to kill hit rates and damage on the disadvantage and effective versus flying units, with stats otherwise equal to that of lances. Then again if you're willing to switch around weapons a lot for the support, having multiple weapon types is arguably better - you can always be at least neutral while attacking and get the advantage 2/3rds of the time.

I think Aggressor Paladin Chrom has enough offence, IIRC. I guess you can switch Bowfaire in for Aggressor to be much better on enemy phases, that probably works. The rest of your skills probably want to be Dual Strike+ (100% reliable dual strikes are great to avoid awkward kill misses), Dual Guard+ (considerable durability buff, although unreliable), Charm (decent bonus for usually a lot of units makes it highly valuable on a support) and Limit Breaker (lolobvious). Hit +20 is also an option but less relevant thanks to never having WTD and great skill as a Bow Knight, and Aggressor might help get more reliable kills than Bowfaire, against some enemies? Depends on how many enemies survive him+his main's attack when he has Bowfaire I guess.

The most logical explanation is because peopke have canon class boner

I mean go look around and mostly Chrom is reccomended to be GL, and rarely Paladin

That being said

BK 41 str

Pal 43 str

GL 44 str

Take a look

Full buff = 22(limit, rally, tonic)

BK - 63

Pal - 65

GL + 66

Each using unforged Braves

BK gets 80 atk

Pal gets 77 atk

GL gets 78 atk

Slap agressor

90 - 87 - 88

Now let's test this offense against Anna

90 - 55 = 35(17)

87 - 55 = 32(16)

88 - 55 = 33(16)

With their pair up bonus counted in here's their total damage output

72/76(bow knight)

76(Paladin)

68/72(Great Lord)

Note that Bow ignores wta, while Lance does not

One thing that is worth a note, Chrom has no business on the front, so I don't bother to calculate Aegis+

But still, simmilar offense >_>

EDIT: I kinda want to calculate A support Sumia but later >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

I mean go look around and mostly Chrom is reccomended to be GL, and rarely Paladin

I have never seen GL Chrom be recommended, and see Paladin Chrom all the time, and occasional GK Chrom.

Hmm... it could be that we're looking in different places? That said I don't see postgame Chrom talked about much, outside of having his secret sixth skill (Convoy) and the benefits of that.