This might sound insane but I kinda hate the new fans....

I don't understand.

Let's say a company builds one device that can only be used as a phone, and another can only be used to text. Then, a year later, they make a device that does both. Does this not make the new device better than the previous ones?

that's not even close to being a worthy comparison...by this logic, FE13 is a compilation cart of every past FE game.

Anyone else a bit worried that Awakening is going to be tagged as one of those "weird" Japanese Anime type games? I'm not saying that they are all weird and that Japanese Anime isn't a bad thing in itself, but Fire Emblem hasn't been like it to this degree until Awakening.

that really bothered me about fe13...it was kinda borderline in past games(at times i would forget that FE7 had anime style portraits), but now fe13 is delivering that feel WAY too harshly...but this topic isn't about this, so i'd best shut up now ^^;

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like it! It's not Awakening, but it's really fun. Most of the characters are awesome (Sain, Florina, Lyn, MATTHEW). Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones aren't bad either, but Blazing Sword is the best out of the ones I've tried. I'm currently searching for a good ROM and patch for FE4, because it sounds really cool.

Hector is best Lord evah. Not sure if you've met him yet, though.

Patches can be found here. FE4 ROM is pretty easy to find too.

that's not even close to being a worthy comparison...by this logic, FE13 is a compilation cart of every past FE game.

that really bothered me about fe13...it was kinda borderline in past games(at times i would forget that FE7 had anime style portraits), but now fe13 is delivering that feel WAY too harshly...but this topic isn't about this, so i'd best shut up now ^^;

Is it worth it to be this nit-picky? The example was such that the new device was an amalgamation of previous features into one. Awakening is the same in many ways.

I'd agree on that point.

@Crizix: Yeah, and to me it works for some, and makes me puke metaphorically for others.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Let's not forget how everyone's basically a trope.

I welcome these new fans with open arms, bringing the joy of FE to more masses. FE:A has been the only FE that friends and family have played and finished, I've tried with other FEs in the past but it never succeeded. I owe it to FE:A to finally make them see the LIGHT!!1!!

I think he was talking about the elements, the things that made the games unique rather than fragments of each game.

Let's not forget how everyone's basically a trope.

If anything, blame TVTropes, not the game itself. :[

I disagree and agree with the OP's statement.

It really depends on how I look at it... so meh.

1. Huge influx of fans = influx of good and bad fans... it's just that the bad fans are going to be more vocal and you're going to notice them more.

2. Like the story Annie told me, a little kid looking up at her cosplay and their eyes lighting up asking, "Are you Lucina?" made her want to hug the kid. (Me too when she told me when that happened)

She was saying "HE WAS SO CUUUUUTE."

It's good for the game series.

Then, there's the stupidity with said bad fans.

I honestly have said, "People like you make me wish this game was never localized at all."

...and that's pretty bad. My elitist weeaboo was showing more than usual.

But in all honestly... Look at the "new fans" that are the good fans more than the vocal bad fans.

It'll be better for your health.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm not very far, I just found it my local used game store, and figured, oh, I've been looking for this game. Twenty dollars? Alright. The ballistas in Lyn's mode are really screwing me up. I also hate how in Shadow Dragon, they force you to sacrifice someone. I chose Frey, because Cain and Abel are awesome.

I find it hard to hate any types of fans of a franchise I love. It means that future sales will continue to be good if and when they release another entry. Sure, some of them might like Chrom a bit too much for my liking but I'm happy that they're enjoying the game and I hope that they'll go back to play the others. Admittedly I'm a bit of a shipper, but that mentality is hardly exclusive to Awakening fans.

"Let's not forget how everyone's basically a trope."

It's TVTropes that creates these labels, you know.

True, but even without TvTropes, it doesn't change the fact that they're all centered on one or two traits, and some of them are exaggerated ridiculously. How can everyone fail to notice a guy in heavy armor every single time...?

I'm not very far, I just found it my local used game store, and figured, oh, I've been looking for this game. Twenty dollars? Alright. The ballistas in Lyn's mode are really screwing me up. I also hate how in Shadow Dragon, they force you to sacrifice someone. I chose Frey, because Cain and Abel are awesome.

Frey is the canon sacrifice, just so you know. If you play hard mode, he doesn't appear at all.

True, but even without TvTropes, it doesn't change the fact that they're all centered on one or two traits, and some of them are exaggerated ridiculously. How can everyone fail to notice a guy in heavy armor every single time...?

Oh yeah, the Kellam gag is silly. And that's what I think it is- A gag, or running theme. It's a little silly, yeah...

But you have to admit Sumia and Cynthia's tendency to trip frequently is funny and cute.

Hey, every fanbase will have idiot fans. I like that there's new fans because it expands FE's popularity. I kept saying that FE had more potential and it could be more popular if IS did this and NoA did that. And they did basically exactly what I had in mind and look, I was right. Now I have a plan for how a Wii U FE could be a hot seller like Awakening. I hope IS does something similar yet again and it brings in even more fans.

I do dislike when fans say stupid shit like "Jagens suck, never use them" or "X pairing is TOTALLY canon!" though. Note that the latter doesn't apply to pairings that actually ARE canon. But hey, shit happens.

Oh yeah, the Kellam gag is silly. And that's what I think it is- A gag, or running theme. It's a little silly, yeah...

But you have to admit Sumia and Cynthia's tendency to trip frequently is funny and cute.

how often does it even show up for Cynthia in the first place....?

You should play Path of Radiance, because it's GBA series + SNES meshed in one game, you get the mechanics of the SNES series and you get the Soul of the GBA series...

@ Everyone:

I love awakening very much but I have one single criticism on that game, don't you think Fire Emblem Awakening is Soulless, out of character?

Maybe it's just because I only visit here and no other parts of the fandom, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. Browsing the forums as I do daily, I almost never see an obvious "new member" by the standards you're presenting. It's not like none of the new members are here, either, since we've had a huge influx of new members with Awakening's release.

So yeah, far as I can tell, the new fans in the series is only a good thing.

Also, let them say Awakening is the best in the series. We may not agree, but you have to at least value it for saving the series and give it its moment of glory.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Awakening has my favorite cast of characters after the Tellius series! I don't think they're bland or anything at all. For the most part. There are a couple I dislike, but generally, I like everybody to some extent.

Maybe it's just because I only visit here and no other parts of the fandom, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. Browsing the forums as I do daily, I almost never see an obvious "new member" by the standards you're presenting. It's not like none of the new members are here, either, since we've had a huge influx of new members with Awakening's release.

So yeah, far as I can tell, the new fans in the series is only a good thing.

Also, let them say Awakening is the best in the series. We may not agree, but you have to at least value it for saving the series and give it its moment of glory.

don't step outside this forum, it might burn your eyes

Edited by shadykid

Awakening has my favorite cast of characters after the Tellius series! I don't think they're bland or anything at all. For the most part. There are a couple I dislike, but generally, I like everybody to some extent.

I can agree with this. I generally love the Fire Emblem characters. Awakening has a cast that I appreciate and exploring their relationships over two generations has been a nice touch.

Yeah, characters is one thing that FE generally does really well, I'd say. I think FE does everything well to some extent, but I think the characters and gameplay are definitely the best parts.

GameFAQ,NeoGaf are pioneers in creating my opinion :).

Fire Emblem Awakening characters are fine and dandy what bothers me is the class system, there's no uniqueness in classes anymore.

ewwwww

Owain/Tharja fanboyism central, yuck

regarding reclassing, they should've made a 3rd type of seal that reclasses you without resetting your level (obviously you can't go 2nd tier--->1st tier though) and made Second Seals postgame-only