FE7 HHM Reverse Recruitment

ZemZem

Having Warp for Map 29 is nice too. Athos can Rescue as soon as he's promoted with pretty decent range though, so that's always an option as well.

Nino is probably the best Warper though, yeah. Getting her there is fairly easy if you have Torch. I'm not actually sure she shaves any turns off the desert though. Fairly sure she doesn't in NM, but HM might be different with Serra taking longer to kill whichever boss is closer to her.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I wasn't really thinking clearly when I made that post. Yes, Nino and Canas are definitely great candidates for warp, with Nino being the best. Lucius, too. Serra's MAG base isn't the greatest, and Priscilla/Erk's not even being recruited. Renault, as easy it is for him to promote because he gains EXP crazy fast in RR, for some reason, has a pitiful MAG base (1) with a 40% growth. He does have room to grow, but Nino/Canas/Lucius/maybe Serra are better candidates for Warp.

They should easily get to A staves due to the abundance of defense maps.

Edited by Invader ZM

Having Warp for Map 29 is nice too. Athos can Rescue as soon as he's promoted with pretty decent range though, so that's always an option as well.

Nino is probably the best Warper though, yeah. Getting her there is fairly easy if you have Torch. I'm not actually sure she shaves any turns off the desert though. Fairly sure she doesn't in NM, but HM might be different with Serra taking longer to kill whichever boss is closer to her.

Yeah, Warp in Chapter 29 is recommended since it shaves a couple turns. Athos with Rescue for that chapter, though, I never thought about that. Would that possibly shave a turn?

I wasn't LTCing, but a fairly good Nino still probably wouldn't shave any turns. She'd definitely make the chapter easier, however. The bosses aren't anywhere near Serra in HM, though, and she has a bunch of mages, monks, and shaman going after her, anyway.

Having an unpromoted Nino do a lot of fighting is a good way to fulfill the exp requirement for Genesis (if you even care about that).

Not sure about the possible application for Warp in CoD.

And lol @ I called Serra "Sierra". Too much TRS.

Having an unpromoted Nino do a lot of fighting is a good way to fulfill the exp requirement for Genesis (if you even care about that).

Not sure about the possible application for Warp in CoD.

And lol @ I called Serra "Sierra". Too much TRS.

Deploying Nino in the desert was a smart move, on my part. She gained about 400 EXP alone, in addition to everyone else running around and fighting. The wyverns 2HKO her, but she dodges them fairly reliably.

Genesis, though, was a pain in the ass. It usually is, though, so eh.

Ninis's Grace does wonders to a mage in the desert. You can take on everything on the map excluding the bosses sometimes.

The prepromotes are really good in Genesis, because of their higher resistance stats. I hope you considered instapromoting Louise for Killer/Brave Bow utility in Genesis. Her res is really good in RR too, fitting to take the right hand path (lol neopaganism) on the map, and Jaffar/Karla/Karel would work nicely there too.

Ninis's Grace does wonders to a mage in the desert. You can take on everything on the map excluding the bosses sometimes.

The prepromotes are really good in Genesis, because of their higher resistance stats. I hope you considered instapromoting Louise for Killer/Brave Bow utility in Genesis. Her res is really good in RR too, fitting to take the right hand path (lol neopaganism) on the map, and Jaffar/Karla/Karel would work nicely there too.

I actually didn't use Ninis's Grace on Nino at all. XD

Huh. I didn't even consider insta-promoting Louise for that chapter. Could've been useful, but Lyn herself provides nice bow utility in Genesis. And her RES isn't half bad, either.

louise is actually just really good all around in RR because her bases are huge and the early longbow is actually really good

This. Her STR might be problematic, but even then she's really useful because of her longbow.

it's what I do best, CR

On Crazed Beast now. Nino's eating all the cavaliers at the top for breakfast and will promote to sage soon, and Hawkeye is about to promote to a berserker as he and Raven clear out the bottom. Fiora and Vaida went east, but Vaida's staying back to pick up Guy when he spawns....on top of the mountain. Le sigh. Guy isn't worth it, but since I'm recruiting everyone that isn't Eliwood, I'll have to pay the gold. It was worth it in vanilla FE7 where Farina's a good unit, but that's not the case here. Oh well. Free killing edge?

I actually didn't use Ninis's Grace on Nino at all. XD

Huh. I didn't even consider insta-promoting Louise for that chapter. Could've been useful, but Lyn herself provides nice bow utility in Genesis. And her RES isn't half bad, either.

Right, I guess Lyn's existence makes Louise obsolete in Genesis. Forgot about her existing there. She has the rank for Brave Bow, too.

And what's so special about Longbow? I didn't find myself relying on it much on my LTC which used Rath extensively until C26 (where he was dropped only to reappear in C27 Kenneth for the last time).

It just helps quite a bit in a few sticky situations.

ULdTwg0.png

dat defense

xcZAZ3o.png

Serra actually joins this time around, and I think her bases got marginally better. Let me check.

EDIT: She gained a point of SKILL and a point of RES. If only both points were for MAG. :/

Edited by Invader ZM

Such ass...?

Does that Lowen just float above the cliffs or what?

I guess a "free" Killing Edge (actually the most expensive one you can possibly imagine) is nice; I hope Fiora brought a Killer Lance with her too, because I imagine that's a huge help for early-to-midgame bosskilling.

13x? The pegs in Chapter 12? It helped me, that's for sure.

Yeah, but if you're in his range he'll charge after you, since he's right next to a plain tile. At least he's faster than Vaida was in vanilla FE7, and since he has silver axe access he hits really hard.

Farina, you mean? She did come with a killer lance.

It actually wasn't too bad. Lowen had 19%-20% displayed hit on Hawkeye (who was standing on a mountain), and on the last turn he attacked Hawkeye instead of Fiora after she bought some killer weapons. It was kinda funny.

Though during a failed attempt of the chapters (Serra decided not to dodge anything), he hit Hawkeye twice in a row with the 20%. I was kinda pissed.

Oh, my bad. XP

Yeah, Marcus and Jaffar traded places, but for some reason when Marcus is recruited (he's a paladin when he murders everything in NoF), he's an assassin.

Oh, I meant that Warp would be useful in 29x, not 29. My mistake. As for 29x, I don't think Rescue!Athos shaves any turns if you do have Warp, but it helps if you don't have anyone at A staves yet (like me in my first RR draft bc I suck at power-leveling staff rank). I think he might shave a turn on VoD with it, not sure. It's useful on Light as well, though I don't think it actually cuts turns.