Is Awakening your top/favorite FE game?

113 members have voted

1. 1. questionquestionquestionquestion

• Yes
    • No

I respectfully disagree. I'd much rather prefer a person with humanity and a sense of depth to several one-note characters simply played for laughs.

Take Serra, the go-to "omg she's so annoying" character. She is far, far, far, far, faaaaaaaar (did I mention far?) more interesting and less annoying than anything Fe13 has to offer.

Edited by Constable Reggie

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE8 definitely has an overlooked cast.

Yeah, Kyle at first glance appears to be a boring character, since he's loyal to Ephraim and that's that. But, look into his supports. When I found out about his childhood with Syrene, his little sister Mia, and his interactions with Lute, it showed me that even the most 'bland' characters have some very interesting dialogue.

I respectfully disagree. I'd much rather prefer a person with humanity and a sense of depth to several one-note characters simply played for laughs.

Take Serra, the go-to "omg she's so annoying" character. She is far, far, far, far, faaaaaaaar (did I mention far?) more interesting and less annoying than anything Fe13 has to offer.

Well, I would generally agree with you, a character that's like a person is better than an unidimensional one, but for me Miriel x Lute is an exception. I also like Serra.

"Played for laughs" as in, comedy or just poorly written?

Well, at least she's not as bad as Anna.

Thank goodness too, if Serra was also a piece of regurgitated cardboard I'd hate her too.

"Played for laughs" as in, comedy or just poorly written?

A little of both

Edited by Constable Reggie

FE8 has the best core cast, and the sub cast is even enjoyable

But then we have people who said THEY HAVE TERRIBLE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and whatnot

I think the only character that I did not like was Eirika, and thats because of her ending

But then we have people who said THEY HAVE TERRIBLE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and whatnot

I think the only character that I did not like was Eirika, and thats because of her ending

I don't like her staring at my soul like that. LOOK AT HER.

LOOK AT HER DAMMIT.

people only say that because they haven't read supports

And even then, I say characters like Myrrh and Ephraim are well-developed even without supports.

people only say that because they haven't read supports

And even then, I say characters like Myrrh and Ephraim are well-developed even without supports.

well Myrrh is one of the best in FE8...!

bullshit, Caeda>entire FE8 cast

Unless Awakening was your first FE, it's safe to say, that Awakening was not the best FE (Unless you count the concept of your Avatar marrying whomever you want in the army). Gameplay wise, I'd say its a job well done, but other than that, it's chock full of cliches, which work against it, in terms of originality. t's still good, but it can't be considered original in regards to character development

Unless Awakening was your first FE, it's safe to say, that Awakening was not the best FE (Unless you count the concept of your Avatar marrying whomever you want in the army). Gameplay wise, I'd say its a job well done, but other than that, it's chock full of cliches, which work against it, in terms of originality. t's still good, but it can't be considered original in regards to character development

Awakening was my last FE. (Played all games except NES before it.)

Hit me.