Best Death Quote has been moved to new thread...

amadeuscho

Gah, why can we only choose ONE Future of Despair quote? D8 All of them are heartbreaking and tear-jerking, even Kjelle and Gerome (both who I intensely dislike).

In the end, I decided on Yarne's FoD death quote. I love how in the end, he can put his timid cowardice aside for his beloved friends. So much character development in one small sentence.

For the Specific Chapter Death Quote, I thought they were both very heart-breaking, because normally, neither of them shows much emotion of sadness, sympathy or forgiveness (only a few & ones I've unlocked).

But Severa's Death Quote, to me, was more upsetting, since her ambivalance towards Cordelia finally shows (unless you finish the chapter).

Meaning, overall, Severa's always loved her mother and shows that attitude, but doesn't REALLY mean it.

Don't get me wrong, though. Gerome's isn't bad, but I just felt that it doesn't evoke that much sadness in one, rather than Severa's, if that's what we're going for.

I mean, these are death quotes.

Edited by Tomichael

I voted for Kellam, Severa, and Yarne this time around. I like the tragic element in Kellam's. It seems a fear we would all have in death. Severa's is about showing your true self in death. Her last thought is about her mom, who she treated with ambivalence in real life. I think the subtexr is that she probably she could have spent more time with her in either timeline. I really like Yarne's fear of extinction. It's a nice change of pace to the savior mentality that most of the last survivors of a race get. Although he is too cowardly to be liked as a unit, it works perfect in death.

And now onto the finals. Emmeryn's last bit of memory vs Gerome's freeing last act vs Yarne's cry as the last member of a dying race. Who will be voted the best death quote in Fire Emblem Awakening?

Uh... the polls won't work for me. I got an error when I tried.

I tried to fix it by retyping everything out by hand. The first time I did it, everything was copied and pastied and it appears that all their last votes were counted, which was really weird. I deleted that poll and tried again typing by hand. And I still got an error saying you have to answer all the questions. So I added another 4 questions and then deleted them so hopefully it just reads one question. I tried voting and I think it might work now, but if not, I think fittingly all my mangling with the polls has caused this death quote poll to die...

Death Quote Poll: "Stop... talking about these characters dying... and just reset the game..."

So hopefully it worked this time. If not, my apologies. I tried my best. But hopefully you all had fun thinking about your favorite characters death quotes.

I tried to fix it by retyping everything out by hand. The first time I did it, everything was copied and pastied and it appears that all their last votes were counted, which was really weird. I deleted that poll and tried again typing by hand. And I still got an error saying you have to answer all the questions. So I added another 4 questions and then deleted them so hopefully it just reads one question. I tried voting and I think it might work now, but if not, I think fittingly all my mangling with the polls has caused this death quote poll to die...

Death Quote Poll: "Stop... talking about these characters dying... and just reset the game..."

So hopefully it worked this time. If not, my apologies. I tried my best. But hopefully you all had fun thinking about your favorite characters death quotes.

Still got the 'you must answer all the questions' error. ^^;