New Player looking for pointers, dood.

I got this game a while ago and due to my OCD, I would like to know what are the most useful skills in the game... other than Galeforce, and if I made an okay set up of marriages and set ups for characters I'll be using most.

I just wanna know if any of this was a good idea: (I am currently playing Normal Mode so I know that I can goof off and do very little to get the ending)

Marriage choices:

- Avatar + Nowi (Passed down Ignis and Quick Burn)

Why?: I wanted a dragonic Morgan at the time

- Chrom + Sumia (Passed down Aether and Galeforce to both)

Why?: Just kinda happened

- Panne + Lon'que (Passed down Lethality and Astra)

Why?: No true idea other than Yarne having these two skills with little effort

- Tharja + Gaius (Passed down Lethality and Lifetaker)

Why?: Awkward Zombie comic inspired me to try for Galeforce on Noire

- Vaike + Cherche (Haven't Recuited Child yet)

Why?: I read about very good strength for the offspring of who's name I can't remember

- Sully + Donnel (Passed Down Luna and Aptitude)

Why?: Originally because I though Kjelle would be beast with Donnel as her dad, I later learned that Donnel could be put to better use else where

- Henry + Maribelle (Haven't Recruited Child yet)

Why?: Mostly for Magic buff

- Muriel + Kellam (Haven`t Recruited Child yet)

Why?: So that the mage child could take a hit better... originally

- Olivia + Gregor (Not Married yet)

Why?: Cause Chrom was taken at the time and I didn't know how good Inigo would be with Rightful King

- Cordelia + Libra (Passed down Renewal and Galeforce)

Why?: Thought it would be neat, and I liked the idea of passing down Renewal and Galeforce

- Lissa + Virion (Not Married Yet)

Why?: Just cause...really... can't really list a proper reason for this.

At any rate, I learned that Galeforce is the bomb, so I try to get that when I can (Currently trying for a Galeforce Nah and have Maribelle pass Galeforce down to her kid) but I wanna know what other skills would be good in general when I put effort into my Hard Mode run with a Female Avatar.

The characters I find myself using almost all the time atm are: Avatar, Morgan, Nah, Nowi, Olivia, Lucina, Sully, and Yarne. But I am not too sure how to set thier skills up.

- All Stats +2

- Counter

- Astra

- Ignis

- Rally Spectrum

Morgan (Sage atm)

- Odd Rhythm

- Quick Burn

- Ignis

- Wyrmsbane

- Magic +2

Nah(Dark Flier atm)

- Quick Burn

- Ignis

- Wyrmsbane

- Miriacle

- Renewal

Nowi (Wyrven Lord atm)

- Odd Rhythm

- Wyrmsbane

- Strenght +2

- Tantivy

- Quick Burn

Lucina (Great Lord

- Dual Strike+

- Charm

- Aether

- Galeforce

- Rightful King

Olivia (Assassin atm)

- Luck +4

- Relief

- Galeforce

- Lethality

- Pass

Sully (Wyrven Rider atm)

- Discipline

- Outdoor Fighter

- Luna

- Dual Guard+

- Strength +2

Yarne (Berserker atm)

- Lethality

- Astra

- Beastbane

- Despoil

- Gamble

With the exception to Avatar,Lucina and maybe Olivia...I don't exactly like the Skill sets they all have.

A minor note is I dunno if I should waste Dread Scroll on my Avatar or wait for someone more worthy of it.... and that I wasted All Stat +2 when Limit Breaker was coming up.

I desire opinions and people telling me how I am a moron or an 'okay' chum... I would also like to know why I can't have same sex marriages with magic and Nephenee (My favorite FE character)

I got this game a while ago and due to my OCD, I would like to know what are the most useful skills in the game... other than Galeforce, and if I made an okay set up of marriages and set ups for characters I'll be using most.

I just wanna know if any of this was a good idea: (I am currently playing Normal Mode so I know that I can goof off and do very little to get the ending)

Marriage choices:

- Avatar + Nowi (Passed down Ignis and Quick Burn)

Why?: I wanted a dragonic Morgan at the time

- Chrom + Sumia (Passed down Aether and Galeforce to both)

Why?: Just kinda happened

- Panne + Lon'que (Passed down Lethality and Astra)

Why?: No true idea other than Yarne having these two skills with little effort

- Tharja + Gaius (Passed down Lethality and Lifetaker)

Why?: Awkward Zombie comic inspired me to try for Galeforce on Noire

- Vaike + Cherche (Haven't Recuited Child yet)

Why?: I read about very good strength for the offspring of who's name I can't remember

- Sully + Donnel (Passed Down Luna and Aptitude)

Why?: Originally because I though Kjelle would be beast with Donnel as her dad, I later learned that Donnel could be put to better use else where

- Henry + Maribelle (Haven't Recruited Child yet)

Why?: Mostly for Magic buff

- Muriel + Kellam (Haven`t Recruited Child yet)

Why?: So that the mage child could take a hit better... originally

- Olivia + Gregor (Not Married yet)

Why?: Cause Chrom was taken at the time and I didn't know how good Inigo would be with Rightful King

- Cordelia + Libra (Passed down Renewal and Galeforce)

Why?: Thought it would be neat, and I liked the idea of passing down Renewal and Galeforce

- Lissa + Virion (Not Married Yet)

Why?: Just cause...really... can't really list a proper reason for this.

At any rate, I learned that Galeforce is the bomb, so I try to get that when I can (Currently trying for a Galeforce Nah and have Maribelle pass Galeforce down to her kid) but I wanna know what other skills would be good in general when I put effort into my Hard Mode run with a Female Avatar.

The characters I find myself using almost all the time atm are: Avatar, Morgan, Nah, Nowi, Olivia, Lucina, Sully, and Yarne. But I am not too sure how to set thier skills up.

- All Stats +2

- Counter

- Astra

- Ignis

- Rally Spectrum

Morgan (Sage atm)

- Odd Rhythm

- Quick Burn

- Ignis

- Wyrmsbane

- Magic +2

Nah(Dark Flier atm)

- Quick Burn

- Ignis

- Wyrmsbane

- Miriacle

- Renewal

Nowi (Wyrven Lord atm)

- Odd Rhythm

- Wyrmsbane

- Strenght +2

- Tantivy

- Quick Burn

Lucina (Great Lord

- Dual Strike+

- Charm

- Aether

- Galeforce

- Rightful King

Olivia (Assassin atm)

- Luck +4

- Relief

- Galeforce

- Lethality

- Pass

Sully (Wyrven Rider atm)

- Discipline

- Outdoor Fighter

- Luna

- Dual Guard+

- Strength +2

Yarne (Berserker atm)

- Lethality

- Astra

- Beastbane

- Despoil

- Gamble

With the exception to Avatar,Lucina and maybe Olivia...I don't exactly like the Skill sets they all have.

A minor note is I dunno if I should waste Dread Scroll on my Avatar or wait for someone more worthy of it.... and that I wasted All Stat +2 when Limit Breaker was coming up.

I desire opinions and people telling me how I am a moron or an 'okay' chum... I would also like to know why I can't have same sex marriages with magic and Nephenee (My favorite FE character)

Chrom and Sumia- Good

Vaike and Cherche- Not bad

Donnel and Sully- Best Kjelle in the game

Henry and Maribelle- Good

Tharja and Gaius- Best Noire

Gregor and Olivia- Bad

Libra and Cordelia- Bad

Kellam and Miriel- There are better options.

Lissa and Virion- There are better options.

Lon'qu and Panne- Same as above

I would recommend Ricken and Lissa, Gregor and Panne, Lon'qu and Miriel, and Virion (Stats)/Fred (Luna) and Olivia, and Stahl and Cordelia.

My personal ones are Avatar/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Ricken/Lissa, Lon'qu/Miriel, Gregor/Panne, Fred/Cherche, Stahl/Cordelia, Henry/Maribelle, Gaius/Tharja, Vaike/Nowi, and Donnel/Sully. But, like the above guy said, only worry about it for the harder difficulties and harder DLCs.

Edited by Duck

Yeah, Normal Mode is pretty much "Do what you want". However, if you're looking for great skills, Deliverer is also an amazing one. +2 move upon pairup is amazing. Also your Wrymsbane and Beastbane are useless on your characters when they aren't in the Manakete/Taguel cllass respectively, as oit only works when the characters are in their forms.

I just wanna know if any of this was a good idea [...]

What's your goal? Powerful team for postgame? Ease of play in story mode?

Just repeat the DLC for more.

Ok, here is what I have to say about your post:

1. AvatarxNowi and DonnelxSully are two of the best pairings in the game. Donnel gives Pegasus Knight to Kjelle, as well as Mercenary. AvatarxNowi get's you double Galeforce Manaketes with a huge class pool.

2. Wyrmsbane of Nowi as a Wyvern Lord is useless, as Wyrmsbane is only useful when in the Manakete class. (Same for Dark Flier Nah and Sage Morgan)

3. Stahl may be a better father for Inigo, as Inigo automatically gets Mercenary and either Fighter and Barbarian, I can't remember which. Gregor is actually quite good mod-wise. Stahl get's him archer, cavalier and mymirdon. (He already had mymirdon) Virion is actually pretty awesome for Inigo, if you want another archer.

As for same-sex marriages... I think someone edited a save file to make Lissa and Maribelle marry... (Not you, Rey.)

EDIT: I was ninja'd by like four people. *Sob*

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

Ok, here is what I have to say about your post:

1. AvatarxNowi and DonnelxSully are two of the best pairings in the game. Donnel gives Pegasus Knight to Kjelle, as well as Mercenary. AvatarxNowi get's you double Galeforce Manaketes with a huge class pool.

2. Wyrmsbane of Nowi as a Wyvern Lord is useless, as Wyrmsbane is only useful when in the Manakete class. (Same for Dark Flier Nah and Sage Morgan)

3. Stahl may be a better father for Inigo, as Inigo automatically gets Mercenary and either Fighter and Barbarian, I can't remember which. Gregor is actually quite good mod-wise. Stahl get's him archer, cavalier and mymirdon. (He already had mymirdon) Virion is actually pretty awesome for Inigo, if you want another archer.

As for same-sex marriages... I think someone edited a save file to make Lissa and Maribelle marry... (Not you, Rey.)

EDIT: I was ninja'd by like four people. *Sob*

Dood...I'll take all the help...even if it's late.

Stahl is better on Severa than Inigo because he passes myrmidon and cavalier to her while only cavalier to Inigo. Frederick gives Inigo luna, which is the only skill he needs, while Virion gives him better mods. I usually use Virion when Olivia's not taken by MaMU. Unless the father is magical, he's best as hero. I also like Virion/Olivia's supports, if anyone cares.

Edited by Duck

I know Stahl is best for Severa, but Mr.Fusion has already done LibraxCordy. I think Virion may be your best bet for Inigo, because of how appropriate the pairing is, and dat Inigo paired with Sumia!Lucina whilst armed with a killer bow... (Assuming bow wielder...) ALL the crits.

I know Stahl is best for Severa, but Mr.Fusion has already done LibraxCordy. I think Virion may be your best bet for Inigo, because of how appropriate the pairing is, and dat Inigo paired with Sumia!Lucina whilst armed with a killer bow... (Assuming bow wielder...) ALL the crits.

He asked for help, I gave help. I've never tried bow!Inigo before. I always go hero. I only use one sniper (Noire), but I'll have to give it a try sometime.

You can refer to this: http://walhart.tumblr.com/post/48735736131/fire-emblem-awakening-skill-class-guide

This is my marriage chart:

c3H7PdH.png

Your Avatar can replace any husband listed, I just didn't put him there so you can make your preference. Mine married Tharja though.

Hello there...I like Tharja too...something about them crazy girls (makes me want yuri shipping even more)

And thanx for that Duck...I'll be sure to return to this when I play Hard mode for Lissa/Libra and Olivia/Fredrick (did I get that right?)

Okay new thing... Would it be fine if I did a Olivia build like this:

Olivia

Class: Dancer

- Spectral Dance

- Pass

- Galeforce

- Lethality

EDIT: I wanted to give her miracle as well...but she can't be a cleric :(

I'd personally throw out Lethality and add Swordfaire and Astra.

Hello there...I like Tharja too...something about them crazy girls (makes me want yuri shipping even more)

And thanx for that Duck...I'll be sure to return to this when I play Hard mode for Lissa/Libra and Olivia/Fredrick (did I get that right?)

Yeah, that's right. And I would also recommend what the above poster said.

Edited by Duck