Shaman promotion

Franz indeed failed, he was atrocious. I still promoted him though, I got a free knight crest from the tower. His spd and def aren't terrible...

Garcia didn't even cap his strength...even if I find another hero crest, I have no use for a weakling warrior

I know, I regret making her a valkyrie now.

I dunno, I just found the Amelia didn't have the stats to pull off general. Her defense was too low and I decided one is enough with Gilliam.

That's why they even bothered with Great Shield skill.

Franz indeed failed, he was atrocious. I still promoted him though, I got a free knight crest from the tower. His spd and def aren't terrible...

Garcia didn't even cap his strength...even if I find another hero crest, I have no use for a weakling warrior

I know, I regret making her a valkyrie now.

I dunno, I just found the Amelia didn't have the stats to pull off general. Her defense was too low and I decided one is enough with Gilliam.

It's not about the defense with her. Most she will get would be around 16-18 area. But I'm pretty sure Generals get higher caps, which she would most definitely fill. Also, generals get use of the entire weapon triangle. Of all the trainees, Amelia is probably the best. Every game of mine she has always capped speed, str, and skill, sometimes luck. And she had pretty good res for a general, too.

It's not about the defense with her. Most she will get would be around 16-18 area. But I'm pretty sure Generals get higher caps, which she would most definitely fill. Also, generals get use of the entire weapon triangle. Of all the trainees, Amelia is probably the best. Every game of mine she has always capped speed, str, and skill, sometimes luck. And she had pretty good res for a general, too.

Seriously? Amelia is considered the worst of the trainees due to being "mediocre" compared to the rest.

Seriously? Amelia is considered the worst of the trainees due to being "mediocre" compared to the rest.

*sigh* Here is goes again... Of course I'm the ONLY person who gets good units... eh?

*sigh* Here is goes again... Of course I'm the ONLY person who gets good units... eh?

No, you aren't. It's just that when you say you got such and such to do this or that, it doesn't mean anything, as that's just something that happened to you. It's a variable, whereas how she's actually placed against the other trainees is a constant, as the join times, situations, base stats, starting level and averages come into play for that choice. Then there's also the supports, and in the case of the trainees, different classes.

Exactly. I was only comparing her to other trainees. She's still a pretty good unit too. Her biggest problem is that she doesn't have the right con to wield the good weapons (no one say infinite Body Rings, because that is hardly to be taken into account here).

People's characters can wind up with different stats. If you get a character to have good stats, it doesn't exactly mean he/she is the best unit ever. For example, I could have a Zealot that somehow always maxes out every stats (not likely, obviously) and I could march around saying he's the best unit evar! Obvously, people will say otherwise. This can be said for any other character. That's why averages are taken to account. Don't get too upset if somebody doesn't like folks you like.

Anyway, Shaman promotion? I'd go with Druid, since Anima >>>>> Phantoms.