Cavaliers

Sain_FEH

Which mounted unit type is your favorite?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which mounted unit type is your favorite?

• FE6&7 - Social:lance/sword Paladin:lance/sword/axe
    • FE8 - Social:lance/sword Paladin:lance/sword Great:lance/sword/axe
    • FE9&10 - Social:One of 4 weapons Paladin:Add another weapon

So mounted units have changed throughout the games, so I was wondering which type of social knight/paladin combo is your favorite. I'm only including the GBA and later versions (since I haven't played the earlier versions yet).

Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword give you the lance/sword combo and add axes at promotion.

Sacred Stones is the same, but then you either keep lance/sword upon promotion to paladin or add axes if you promote to great knight

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn start you with one weapon and you get to pick a second upon promotion.

Personally I like the versatility of the early GBA ones since as a paladin you can effectively dominate the weapon triangle since you get all three.

Sacred Stones is weird because you have to promote to the clunky great knight for that and paladins don't get axes.

In PoR I didn't like it as much because while you got to pick another weapon (I chose bows, except for Astrid), it started off at E level. Which is fine for Oscar and Kieran plunking people with an iron bow (which has its uses), but getting a melee weapon at E level for Astrid was just useless.

Thoughts?

Edited by Arteris

So mounted units have changed throughout the games, so I was wondering which type of social knight/paladin combo is your favorite. I'm only including the GBA and later versions (since I haven't played the earlier versions yet).

Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword give you the lance/sword combo and add axes at promotion.

Sacred Stones is the same, but then you either keep lance/sword upon promotion to paladin or add axes if you promote to great knight

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn start you with one weapon and you get to pick a second upon promotion.

Personally I like the versatility of the early GBA ones since as a paladin you can effectively dominate the weapon triangle since you get all three.

Sacred Stones is weird because you have to promote to the clunky great knight for that and paladins don't get axes.

In PoR I didn't like it as much because while you got to pick another weapon (I chose bows, except for Astrid), it started off at E level. Which is fine for Oscar and Kieran plunking people with an iron bow (which has its uses), but getting a melee weapon at E level for Astrid was just useless.

Thoughts?

Very tough choice... FE7 is cool because you have all three weapons. FE8 is also cool because my GK's are like mounted tanks but Paladins aren't as good. FE9-10 is also great because you have choices... I guess FE9-10 since it's nice to be able to have bows instead of axes.

Path of Radiance. Giving each of them their own weapon type makes them seem more unique, and I like being able to choose which weapon they get after promoting.

This also but I also want them to have 6-7 movement and able to use bows. That would PWN B)

You should give Master Knights a try if you want a mounted class with tons of weapons. ;)

You should give Master Knights a try if you want a mounted class with tons of weapons. ;)

What game are they in?

Also, FE10 Paladins are pretty who good. Who cares about the weapon triangle in a game that only has a +1/-1 power and +10/-10 hit advantage when you've got Canto?

What game are they in?

Also, FE10 Paladins are pretty who good. Who cares about the weapon triangle in a game that only has a +1/-1 power and +10/-10 hit advantage when you've got Canto?

What game are you talking about? I'm talking about all future FE's. Is the Great Knight from FE 8 a Master Knight?

Also I just thought I should post this again *posts*... Oh wait I just copied you're question :blink:

Master Knights are in FE4. They can use everything save for dark magic (and I think they can only use light magic up to C rank, but I could be mistaken). I'd love to see them make a comeback.

Master Knights are in FE4. They can use everything save for dark magic (and I think they can only use light magic up to C rank, but I could be mistaken). I'd love to see them make a comeback.

That is cool! Yea right though FE's just aren't that cool anymore :(

Was going to say 4/5, but remembered that the only character I lub who's specifically a social knight -> paladin is Aless, and he's good because he's just broked in particular. I guess 9/10's social knight setup is my favorite.

That sounds really broken.

Leaf can promote to it, as can Lachesis. Neither are a great fighter, especially at first, and Leaf has Nanna and Finn to back him when he first joins: and Blume has a small army assaulting the three for most of entire chapter, as your one flier is the only one able to help them, if she's able to at all. Vylon is an NPC who it also the class, and will die alsmot immediately if Sigurd doesn't meet up with him in time.

Having all the weapons isn't broken. It just gives you more room for different kinds to carry. The most broken it can get is giving magic to a non-magic unit, in the case of Prince. Princess can use staves.

Leaf can promote to it, as can Lachesis. Neither are a great fighter, especially at first, and Leaf has Nanna and Finn to back him when he first joins: and Blume has a small army assaulting the three for most of entire chapter, as your one flier is the only one able to help them, if she's able to at all. Vylon is an NPC who it also the class, and will die alsmot immediately if Sigurd doesn't meet up with him in time.

Having all the weapons isn't broken. It just gives you more room for different kinds to carry. The most broken it can get is giving magic to a non-magic unit, in the case of Prince. Princess can use staves.

But then again, how is being able to wield most weapons, having good movement range, and having high caps not broken?

The main reason you'd want variety in classes is for different weapon types. It kills variety if you can simply use everything. Good thing only a few characters can be Master Knights.

But then again, how is being able to wield most weapons, having good movement range, and having high caps not broken?

Triangle advantages is stupid when the enemy dies regardless, and its boosts are usually negligible once you have a promoted unit, like every other Fire Emblem. Movement, everyone has good movement, if you haven't noticed, save Armors and Generals. High caps, unless you baby Leaf or Lachesis, the only two playable classes, one each generation, capable of promoting into one, you're not going to hit them. Hell, neither are likely to promote until before or during the last chapter if you don't overuse them. Lachesis comes after two chapters and can abuse staves for experience; Leaf comes after one chapter and has to fight his way up.

The main reason you'd want variety in classes is for different weapon types. It kills variety if you can simply use everything. Good thing only a few characters can be Master Knights.

Unless you play like an idiot, in all bluntness, you won't have this problem. Seisen is designed so that the player uses all characters available. Because one unit can use all weapons does not make all the other characters obsolete. Two bows are still better than one, as you have two separate units to attack with. It hardly kills variety, as just as the Master Knight can use everything, they're still not a General or Paladin or Bow Knight. Reserved use of a Silver Axe, maybe, but variety isn't killed by having one out of your 16~18 characters able to become a Master Knight after hitting level 20 as a shitty base class.

You act like they easily get to that point and remain all-powerful. Have you even tried playing the game before? 'Cause, Leaf and Lachesis were usually units I used as leftovers--lots of others were worth more attention for me.