I'm new to Fire Emblem and need help

Skid

This is my first Fire Emblem game and it's definitely different than any other game I've played. While playing the game, all I could think was that there is so much depth in this game and for a new player like me, it got confusing. I tried doing some research to help me maximize the potential of all my characters and what to do throughout the game but, it only helped a bit.

Currently, I'm at Chapter 7 and I'm playing a Casual Normal game. I'm also a male MU. A friend of mine recommended me Speed asset/HP flaw, so I went with that. I have a few questions in mind since I want a better understanding of this game and what builds I can consider using.

What are good classes to consider for a Speed asset/Hp flaw character?
How does it affect Morgan?
Who should I consider marrying?
Can I follow this marriage couple build with my current character?
Chrom-Olivia
Ricken-Lissa
Donnel-Sully
Gregor-Miriel
Henry-Sumia
Lon'Qu-Maribelle
Kellam-Panne
Cordelia-Stahl
Vaike-Nowi
Gaius-Tharja
Frederick-Cherche
When should I be promoting my characters?

Any help is much appreciated.

In terms of marriage the pairings are good. In terms of everything else it won't make a difference on normal mode. Just go with whatever class you want and the class of MU has no direct impact on Morgan. In terms of who you should marry I'd advise either Lucina or severa.

You have the best layout in a Vacuum. I wouldn't say it's the best possible layout (But that's because I look at everything as a team (and as such prefer things like Vaike!Gerome)), but each child you have will be excellent as an individual.

Considering these are your mods with +SPD, -HP (Honestly, you did make a small mistake with that, +SPD,-LCK is strictly the better option, as LCK is not a terribly important stat)

STR, MAG, SKL, SPD, LCK, DEF, RES.

-1 -1 2 4 1 -1 -1

With a Third Gen Morgan (which is ideal), you just add those to that character's mods, and boom.

Note: Morgan gets all classes except Manakete/Taguel (which he/she can inherit), so you never have to worry about Morgan's class set- only the Mods- or a Special Skill like Aether.

Ideal choices: Lucina > Cynthia > Severa
Lucina mostly due to Aether.

(But also, I'd recommend Lucina due to story reasons. This is a first run, and marrying her has an impact. However, if you do-- marry her before Chapter 21. This is important. Won't say why though.)

[spoiler=Expounded]

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan

This nets you Aether on Morgan, which allows for the exceptionally powerful Aether/Luna/Ignis combo, which is a 95%+ Chance of doing an additional 20+ damage at all times (and a solid amount of that time it will be Aether, which is the strongest non-Lethality proc).

Mods for that:

1 0 5 7 3 -2 -2

Stahl!Severa!Morgan

Not the best Severa!Morgan, and as such really isn't that great. (Lon'qu!Severa!Morgan (who's got an epic +8 SKL +10 SPD mod set) on the other hand is pretty awesome.)

3 -2 6 7 -1 2 -2

Henry!Cynthia!Morgan

Rather balanced outside of the SKL/SPD which is godly. [To those saying TC should marry Severa, I'd disagree due to this. Lucina or Cynthia is best]

-1 1 7 8 0 -1 0

Gaius!Noire!Morgan

Pretty much a worse H!C!M. Wouldn't recommend.

1 2 4 8 -3 0 0

Donnel!Kjelle!Morgan

No.

0 -2 4 6 5 0 -1

Vaike!Nah!Morgan

Gains Manakete, Dragonweak. However, this isn't Legendary Defenses Kellam!Nah we're talking about here. This is Vaike!Nah. Wouldn't recommend.

4 -1 3 4 2 3 0

Edited by Airship Canon

If it's normal/casual and your first play through, then don't spoil yourself. Have fun with it and then try to challenge yourself once you finish

Edited by Hero-King

Just have fun. Pick who you want to support based on their character or class that you like. You're on Normal, AND Casual to boot, so don't worry about it. But, since you're new to the series itself, here's something I'd mainly worry about:

Level your people all the way to 20 before promoting them. If you don't, you're just wasting level ups and stat gains. Donnel the villager is an exception, I'd recommend leveling him to at least 15 as a Villager then promoting him, because he learns a valuable skill at that level. His stats'll be mostly capped out on his second tier class, though, so try to get him at level 10 so he can learn his promoted class skill, then promote him again.

But really, no matter who you decide to S rank, Morgan will be an adorable little killing machine. Just relax and try to make the best decisions yourself. No Fire Emblem game was made to be played only once.

Edited by sL360

To be fair you don't need to max up before promotion in Awakening - it was more important in older games but second seal means you can essentially infinite lvl until you cap out.

As a first time player I ran through - whoever I liked mode - enjoyed the story

2nd run is more for like challenge and dlc options

Edited by AlliedG