Fire emblem: No name yet.

#Catbug

Map hax! :D  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Second map

• Forts are always a great idea!
    • Forts are boring let's do more plains and forests
    • Both of those are boring, let's do a town/dock

Oh hey, look, another hack that will fall into the lul of poor design, poor writing, poor graphics and never being completed.

Guess there's no point to keep an eye on this one guys, move along, move along.

Oh hey, look, another hack that will fall into the lul of poor design, poor writing, poor graphics and never being completed.

Guess there's no point to keep an eye on this one guys, move along, move along.

Can't tell if serious

Also, OP if you need some help with the hack, I can be of some service. I'm no expert, but I'm not too bad with dialogue.

Can't tell if serious

Also, OP if you need some help with the hack, I can be of some service. I'm no expert, but I'm not too bad with dialogue.

Would it help if I just came out and said that this hack is f***ing stupid and has no point to even be made?

Calm down with the negativity Nickt.

And for your map, you should check out a good mapping tutorial Prime Fusion made:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25963&page=1entry1595900

Best of luck to you.

Alright, fine. My point still stands.

This game is way too early in it's development, if you could even consider it that, to be displayed to the public.

Hell, Fire Emblem Dystopia has more done on it than this hack yet no one knows about it.

Fire Emblem EightpointFive, a hack that is effectively cancelled and flushed down the toilet has more content than this does.

This is clutter, like so many of people when they find out about hacking and strive to make a half-assed attempt at something fun and cohesive, end up with shitty writing and shitty graphics, that's if they don't outsource any of those things because they can't do it themselves in the first place.

Maybe he'll get something, maybe he won't. Being snippy about it won't do anything except for depress him. If you have nothing nice to say, kindly keep it to yourself - it doesn't benefit anyone.

Let him try, if he doesn't then he won't get anywhere. Maybe this one dies out but he'll at least get experience.

PM me if you want to discuss ideas ^.^, i love creating stories and stuff, so maybe we can get that brain of yours into working.

And about the bandit maps, well as it was already said, it's usually so that the prologue is not overly hard and that the lord has weapon advantage, since lords traditionally use swords in the main games.

However, nothing prevents you from making them something like the remains of a battalion or platoon that became looters, thus making them mostly soldiers or something the like. In this case it would be nice for the main character to be something like a young woodcutter living in the countryside and thus knows his ways around axes or something. So the map would fit the introductory and ''not so hard'' parts that bandit maps usually do while offering some kind of twists.

Who knows, maybe a bunch of slave traders/swordsmen captured the girls and split up to take Clarine's sister to their hideout and search for the remaining one who had escaped and may alert the authorities. Clyde was in this situation, the son of a retired halberdier who served in the country's main army. His father had retired to live with his wife, the daughter of a family of farmers who lived close to a small village. Clyde's father made a living working as a town guard at said village, and taught his son how to correctly and effectively wield a lance. Clyde's parents went away, were somehow incapacitated permanently or died a while before the slave trader incident when, say, a jealous and angry neighbor lit the warehouse where they stored their grain. Clyde's mother, who was inside the warehouse at the time, died in the fire. Clyde's father got really injured while trying to save his wife. The burns and collapsing debris destroyed his arms and upper torso, so he became unable to wield a lance ever again. Clyde then took his father's job as a town guard to gain some money for a living, thus explaining why was he around and armed when the slave trader incident happened. After assessing the situation, he decided to help the girl n'stuff, not out of goodwill (or maybe out of goodwill, it's your hack after all) but because if he didn't put a stop to it both the village and his home may be threatened and people kidnapped.

There's an interesting twist to the whole bandit maps, and still allows you to get a bit of background and character development done for future use. both concepts are sound, and the slave trader one actually explains the why as to Clarine and her sister's kidnapping. You could make it so one can visit the village to get another unit or something from a friendly villager who is a friend of your dad and want's to help his son.

So there's some random ideas, up to you as usual but i hope they make you think about the whole bandit thing and about doing something different.

Edited by Zephias

• 4 weeks later...