Vashiane..

Maybe you should've made one question labeled "Who do you like more?"

Now we got this big argument going on. But, it's good to see everyone having their daily arguments. :Nino:

Maybe I should have...

I feel kind of bad now, I didn't want people to get so... intense. :\

I mean, it's interesting, hearing everyone's opinions and thoughts and preferences but... hmm. This is like a giant rehash of the Cordelia vs. Tharja board with gameplay and eugenics being thrown around as well.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everybody will put her with Freddy however. By the logic you use she will be even with Cordelia at level 10...when she is a level 7. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that also implies that if Sumia doesn't get with Freddy she will be weaker than Cordelia.

Sumia can only support Frederick and Chrom for potential earlygame husbands. Assuming the smartest possible play, you're going to give Frederick to Sumia so she can get that strength and def bonus she desperately needs, since Chrom only gives speed and luck.

Edited by Chiki

Sumia can only support Frederick and Chrom for potential earlygame husbands. Assuming the smartest possible play, you're going to give Frederick to Sumia so she can get that strength and def bonus she desperately needs, since Chrom only gives speed and luck.

Hold a moment. Thats an opinion.

Other mothers like Panne and Cherche to name a few also would also relish in having Frederick as a papa.

Screw the arguments. I like who I like.

Exactly.

The character wars on this forum are ridiculous. I've already stated my opinion on character bashing in the character battle thread, and everyone is getting waytoo uptight about this. If you don't like a character, that's no reason to bash them and the people who like them. It just ends up making you look like a jerk.

SO we should give Stahl EXP that Sumia can use better so that Cordelia can be better than Sumia?

Stahl + Cordelia > Sumia + nobody

MATH. Sumia can still have her early contributions, and then be dropped like a bad habit once you have a FREE CHARACTER who immediately does 70-80% of what she does, and eventually becomes better.

And the replacement unit who gets all the EXP Cordelia would have gotten to catch up, will also be kind of badass.

It's way easier to train Cordelia at the tail end of earlygame, since you have an established army already. Who is Cordelia competing with? N.O.W.I.? Pannecake? There's a lot of EXP to go around.

Thank you very much. [...] And now, I hand it over to you, my good sir.

Cordelia has access to the only thing that matters: Lancefaire and Galeforce. Her Merc/DM set is so much better than Cleric/Knight, that Sumia wore a paper bag over her head during the interview with her guidance counselor. Cordelia has Vengeance and Sol. GG.

When it comes to plugging holes and RNG-screwage, Cordelia has fourteen band-aids called "support partners". She has access to anything and everything she could ever want to buttress whatever weakness you wish to. DEF supports, MAG supports, SPD, STR, whatever you want, unless what you want is Chrom (sorry).

Fact of the matter is: Cordelia has better martial stats, a superior class set, a snazzier outfit, and a super-powered daughter.

Stahl + Cordelia > Sumia + nobody

MATH. Sumia can still have her early contributions, and then be dropped like a bad habit once you have a FREE CHARACTER who immediately does 70-80% of what she does, and eventually becomes better.

It's way easier to train Cordelia at the tail end of earlygame, since you have an established army already. Who is Cordelia competing with? N.O.W.I.? Pannecake? There's a lot of EXP to go around.

Cordelia has access to the only thing that matters: Lancefaire and Galeforce. Her Merc/DM set is so much better than Cleric/Knight, that Sumia wore a paper bag over her head during the interview with her guidance counselor. Cordelia has Vengeance and Sol. GG.

When it comes to plugging holes and RNG-screwage, Cordelia has fourteen band-aids called "support partners". She has access to anything and everything she could ever want to buttress whatever weakness you wish to. DEF supports, MAG supports, SPD, STR, whatever you want, unless what you want is Chrom (sorry).

Fact of the matter is: Cordelia has better martial stats, a superior class set, a snazzier outfit, and a super-powered daughter.

BAM! SEVERA HAS BEEN MENTIONED.

I LOVE YOU.

YOU SAID IT. SEVERA IS THE BEST.

Hold a moment. Thats an opinion.

Other mothers like Panne and Cherche to name a few also would also relish in having Frederick as a papa.

It's not really an opinion. It's a lot harder to use Sumia in Hard or Lunatic Mode by giving her a Chrom pair up instead of a Frederick one. She simply doesn't need the speed and luck bonus Chrom gives her because she already has enough. What she needs is strength and defense because she's horrible at both.

You can scientifically measure how much harder it is to play with Sumia x Chrom by measuring how many times Sumia will die with a Chrom pair up as opposed to a Frederick pair up. I assure you, Sumia with a Chrom pair up will die far more. Why? Because Sumia needs strength and defense, the stats that she lacks.

Sumia will double attack almost everything without Chrom anyway, but she won't be able to tank hits and kill stuff well without Frederick. This isn't an opinion, this is an objective fact that can be empirically measured. That Sumia needs Frederick in order to do more stuff can be empirically measured so it isn't opinion.

It's common sense really. What do you think Sumia is lacking in? Strength and defense, right? Does she want the support partner who gives her speed and luck or the support partner who gives her the strength and defense she desperately needs? It's a very clear decision.

Edited by Chiki

i don't get why people think cordelia is way more durable than Sumia

like given a 20/10 sumia with fred support and a 20/8 cordelia with paladin stahl support the total difference is 42HP vs 46 HP and 21 Def vs 24 defence.

its like nothing

regardless this thread is going to be a clusterfuck :)

If by the best you mean "the worst in any fe game forever", I completely agree with you!

WHAT?!??

NUH-UH.

TAKE THAT BACK.

*starts to cry*

SORIN, WHAT THE HELL? WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU?

Edited by Carter

i don't get why people think cordelia is way more durable than Sumia

like given a 20/10 sumia with fred support and a 20/8 cordelia with paladin stahl support the total difference is 42HP vs 46 HP and 21 Def vs 24 defence.

its like nothing

regardless this thread is going to be a clusterfuck :)

Cordelia can take one extra hit

I guess

Well... At least both have more personality than this Pegasus Knight.

In any case, it's a tough call for me, but I voted Cordelia for gameplay because at least her husband options are more varied and not much of the choices have me considering to use a Second Seal just to get better bonuses.

Oh what I would give to actually make use of Vaike!Cynthia or Gregor!Cynthia.

Cordelia can take one extra hit

I guess

4 hp and 3 defence isn't going to do that very often

well it might occasionally but people totally overexaggerate the difference in durability between the two, when its really not that big. Cordelia has some speed issues too, which are ignored sometimes, since her speed base is so terrible.

Edited by General Horace

Sumia is catching up. Let's summarize every important bit for people who haven't voted yet:

1. Sumia has 6 chapters of availability over Cordelia--meaning she can contribute in 6 chapters more than Cordelia, which is extremely important

2. Sumia and Cordelia will have the same stats by Chapter 8

3. Sumia has more time to establish supports so she will have a stat advantage over Cordelia

Sumia is just better than Cordelia in every way.

Newsflash: "I need this specific support partner or I suck" now considered an advantage.

Cordelia class set is better?

Its like going back to 4 months ago

Or Last year

Or 15 minutes ago.