The Awakening Character Contest gave me a serious lack of Cordelia vs. Sumia, so guess what? If you want something done, you have to kindle the fire yourself.

Same rules apply here as the Lissa vs. Maribelle topic I made a while back: both gameplay and story/supports are feasible debate points, and this time, they actually play out very differently.

I'm actually going to leave MY opinion out of it in the beginning, I kind of want to hear the arguments for both sides from other poeple before I contribute myself. That, and... I need to go make some popcorn.

So have fun laying into each other over your waifus! :evil:

Edited by Vashiane

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Passes round popcorn**

Cordelia is better gameplay-wise, in my opinion. She gets Merc and better strength and defense than Sumia.

In any other way: Sumia because I like pies, and I don't like Cordelia.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

Sumia

I can go on and on and on and on for how much my opinion on Cordy have changed over time and how much I disliked her, but I don't think its neccesary, not to mention impolite to the massive amounts of Cordy fanboy on this boards

They are both terrible personality wise, although lately I liked Sumia's personality traits MUCH more than Cordelia's(something that fans usually goes on the simple, degrading route for the former, while going to the "worship her, ignore everything else" for the latter)

And in term of gameplay, Sumia is always my key unit, so thats a plus

EDIT: Eh, lets put it simply. Contrary to many would said, Cordelia is arguably one of the most sexist character in this game. I leave it at that.

Edited by Salesmaster MU

Sumia is better gameplay wise. Her early joining time makes her great and paired with fred she always have enough def and str. By the time i get Cordelia she is level 12, has B support with Fred and one rounds everything. For post game shes also great, having sage dark flier and GK, which means she can be the perfect support dark flier, with GF, TF, DG+, luna and LB. Maybe the only first gen character, excluding the avatar, with a perfect skill set.

But i prefer cordelia personality...

Personality: Sumia is dumb, and the way she's forced into the front row ought to be a felony.

Gameplay-wise, Cordelia is better than Sumia in a significant portion of things that actually matter. Cordy's class set set is useful, Sumia's is ridiculous and stupid. Cordy has good marriage options, Sumia has... Frederick. Cordelia is strong in terms of combat stats, Sumia is weak. Cordelia can train another early unit for her army because she comes as a RNG-proof level 7 unit, Sumia takes calories away from units like Stahl and Chrom and Miriel and such.

Also, Cordelia is red. I rest my case.

Personality: Anything but Cordelia's delusions of Chrom. Seriously, Sumia wins by miles even with pie shenanigans.

Gameplay: Cordelia wins thanks to Armthrift abuse with forged Cecila's Gale and Sol. Gotta love Dark Flier Cordelia.

Overall: After marrying peeps off, their personalities mean little outside of the Barracks or event tiles, so Cordelia wins overall since I find her to be the more useful unit.

Sumia in every way. Sumia has availability over Cordelia and that means A or S Frederick (depending on if you wanna marry Henry or not, which to me has no merit but anyway). Sumia is around more, and Cordelia is not really necessary if a better version of her is around.

I'm losing a lot of faith in this subforum. I understand Tharja but come on Cordelia is beating Sumia (not a very good character either but again should win on the sole account of not being Cordelia)?

Jesus guys

Edited by Constable Reggie

Using Cordelia just isn't feasible. She is just way to weak to compete... Though I do find it funny that an underdeveloped scrub like her is supposed to be so skilled and talented.

So I see Sumia winning that one by a mile. She gets a great 10/10 for any rating not featuring Avatar solos.

In terms of personality... Sumia is a piece of cardboard. And even that is stretching it since cardboard is usaully three dimensional.

Like most of the class/stats/quirk combinations in this game, she can't get through her introduction seen without getting boring and annoying.

Not that Cordelia has the best introduction either, with Redshirt commander introducing her like she is reading right from her character sheet. That line was so awkward...

Still, Cordelia just has more to her: Survivor guilt aspect, talent, a crush on her Lord that she can't actually marry.

I mean, not that it's good but she at least has stuff to her that has potential.

Edited by BrightBow

^ Fanfiction took this idea and ran with it.

Well, this is certainly interesting indeed. Cordelia's beginning to beat out Sumia in EVERYTHING. Hmm.

Edited by Vashiane

^ Fanfiction took this idea and ran with it.

Well, this is certainly interesting indeed. Cordelia's beginning to beat out Sumia in EVERYTHING. Hmm.

Good. Not that I dislike Sumia, she's great.

I love Pegasus Knights. I just like Cordelia more. And her daughter, even more.

Even Sumia's mother would vote for Cordelia. At the time of this post, there are apparently at least nine people who mash the START button during Chapter 7.

Personally I find it difficult to believe that so many people even used Cordelia, let alone consider her to be superior.

By the time I was in chapter 7, Sumia was laughing at Cordelia's low level butt and lack of supports.

Edited by BrightBow

Even Sumia's mother would vote for Cordelia. At the time of this post, there are apparently at least nine people who mash the START button during Chapter 7.

I bet 50 bucks that I could mathematically prove to you that Sumia is better than Cordelia personality-wise.

Personally I find it difficult to believe that so many people even used Cordelia, let alone consider her to be superior.

By the time I was in chapter 7, Sumia was laughing at Cordelia's low level butt and lack of supports.

That's funny, since Cordelia was laughing at all of the resources that you wasted on a Pegasus Knight that had a RNG-proof drop-in replacement with a better future.

I bet 50 bucks that I could mathematically prove to you that Sumia is better than Cordelia personality-wise.

Sumia's personality is so bad, she is literally to exist. I mena, she has tripping as a character trait. Mathematically, she should die from falling of her Pegasus or stabbing herself with her own lance. Doesn't help that even by stats, she is frail. So she isn't all that likely to survive the logical injuries.

Edit:

That's funny, since Cordelia was laughing at all of the resources that you wasted on a Pegasus Knight that had a RNG-proof drop-in replacement with a better future.

How does "kicking tons of ass for 5 chapters" translate to "wasting resources"?

Edited by BrightBow