Most beautiful girl finals

Chiki

Final poll.  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most beautiful girl in Fire Emblem?

• Jill
    • Sheeda

Relax, you'll be waiting over 24 hours for this.

And why wait for no reason when the gap is too great and too many people have voted to make a difference?

it should be equal time per poll, so that it's fair for every round. aside from maybe the final, since that's the last poll you leave up. I think it would speak more for Caeda's and Jill's beauty if they had to overcome the other and Lucina.

Polls can get over a 100 votes if the subject is popular enough.10 isn't statically insurmountable if there can be that many more voters. And people can change votes in these polls.

Comebacks are the best part of polls.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I voted Jill. Caeda is kind of pretty too, but Jill is just hot. Why does it say Sheeda instead of Caeda anyway? I'm aware that Sheeda is her Japanese name, but every other character used their English name in these polls. The ones that HAD English names anyway.

That's ONE English name she has. In the UK we have Shiida and in the OVA she called Shida. The Japanese name was probably used so there isn't "Why use that English name over her other English name?"

That's ONE English name she has. In the UK we have Shiida and in the OVA she called Shida. The Japanese name was probably used so there isn't "Why use that English name over her other English name?"

Oh, okay, I see. That makes sense.

Yeah, I was actually expecting Titania to get more support than Jill because she is really beautiful.

Jill has more fans, though, so she didn't do quite as well.

Titania looks a bit derpy in her RD portrait, Jill looks too angry in her PoR portrait. In terms of official artwork, I think they both look great though. It's really hard for me to decide, but I think Jill ever so slightly edges it.

I personally think she looks boyish and homely, but I can understand how some people can see her as pretty since there are quite a few redhead fans out there.

But her winning the title of the prettiest girl in Fire Emblem is a major stretch. There are plenty of people who find her unattractive, so I'm really convinced of pure bias in here to be perfectly honest.

I also think it's crap she beat out Ishtar, but that's a whole different story.

This complaint doesn't even make sense. Pure bias? Of course it's pure bias. It's a God damn popularity contest. People are naturally going to find the characters they like more to be more attractive. Apparently "plenty of people who find her unattractive" is merely your hopeful wishing; I've never heard anything of the sort and the poll quite clearly disagrees.

Well, some people find Jill really pretty and that's that. Accept it, just as I had to accept that most people find Lucina to be pretty when I find her butt ugly.

+1. I am honestly glad to see this reaction from you.

I voted for Jill. At this point I'm just happy that my favorite-designed character made it all the way to the top 2, so even if she loses it's not a big deal to me, though I do wish she were up against someone I didn't find so plain. Oh well.

This complaint doesn't even make sense. Pure bias? Of course it's pure bias. It's a God damn popularity contest. People are naturally going to find the characters they like more to be more attractive. Apparently "plenty of people who find her unattractive" is merely your hopeful wishing; I've never heard anything of the sort and the poll quite clearly disagrees.

It isn't a "popularity contest," it's a contest to decide who is objectively the prettiest character from the Fire Emblem series. If it was a popularity contest the poll would read "Who is the most popular girl?" instead. Bias isn't necessary in a poll like this. Hell, I've complimented characters I subjectively find ugly just because I'm not biased enough to not acknowledge they have their attractive points, voted for characters that I don't particularly like over characters I do like because I can acknowledge they are objectively prettier, etc.

Celes intended for this poll to be to find out who the prettiest character was objectively, not who had the bigger fanbase or who was more liked.

He has also been voting on this poll from an unbiased perspective himself.

As for people finding Jill unattractive, I've heard a decent handful of people say it. I never pull my claims out of thin air.

It isn't a "popularity contest," it's a contest to decide who is objectively the prettiest character from the Fire Emblem series. If it was a popularity contest the poll would read "Who is the most popular girl?" instead. Bias isn't necessary in a poll like this. Hell, I've complimented characters I subjectively find ugly just because I'm not biased enough to not acknowledge they have their attractive points, voted for characters that I don't particularly like over characters I do like because I can acknowledge they are objectively prettier, etc.

Celes intended for this poll to be to find out who the prettiest character was objectively, not who had the bigger fanbase or who was more liked.

He has also been voting on this poll from an unbiased perspective himself.

As for people finding Jill unattractive, I've heard a decent handful of people say it. I never pull my claims out of thin air.

You were doomed from the start. There's no such thing as "objectively prettiest" due to beauty being subjective in nature. And it is a popularity contest, just one with a theme instead of being straight-up popularity, aka popularity is still a major factor, especially when you consider that more attractive characters are naturally going to be more popular.

EDIT: Consider this: if "objectively prettiest" existed, you wouldn't be using a poll.

You're free to not find Jill attractive, but acting like the possibility of her winning the poll is objectively wrong is sheer arrogance and butthurt because things didn't go your way.

"Decent handful" does not imply the same as "plenty." "Plenty" makes it sound like there's a substantial number; "decent handful" sounds like you have 4 or 5 friends who don't find Jill to be a smoking hottie, which is probably the more likely scenario here.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

You were doomed from the start. There's no such thing as "objectively prettiest" due to beauty being subjective in nature. And it is a popularity contest, just one with a theme instead of being straight-up popularity, aka popularity is still a major factor, especially when you consider that more attractive characters are naturally going to be more popular.

EDIT: Consider this: if "objectively prettiest" existed, you wouldn't be using a poll.

You're free to not find Jill attractive, but acting like the possibility of her winning the poll is objectively wrong is sheer arrogance and butthurt because things didn't go your way.

"Decent handful" does not imply the same as "plenty." "Plenty" makes it sound like there's a substantial number; "decent handful" sounds like you have 4 or 5 friends who don't find Jill to be a smoking hottie, which is probably the more likely scenario here.

There is both objective and subjective when it comes to beauty. It isn't as simple as "it's in the eye of the holder" stuff people tend to believe to be the one and only truth in terms of beauty. While it is partially true, it's silly to pretend there aren't things considered objectively beautiful by societies standards and the general majority.

For example: A thin hour-glass shaped feminine female is considered objectively pretty by society. Things like the eye color, hair color, boob size, etc are the subjective parts.

If someone is obsessed with green hair and votes for the character because they have green hair then they are being completely biased and subjective. If you put your own bias behind you and try to look at what can be considered traditionally pretty by society or the majority, then you're not being strictly subjective. For example: I personally find red hair hideous, but when it really boils down to me not being bias I can admit characters like Cordelia and Titania are traditionally beautiful and deserve to be acknowledged as such by others. Perhaps the votes will have some subjective value to them, but they don't have to be strictly subjective if people can let go of their own biased opinions and think outside the box.

And no, it isn't a popularity contest. Something doesn't have to be popular to be beautiful.

And if people are going to like a character because they are attractive then they are incredibly shallow. I can see how it could play a part in it, but if the character is going to be popular because they are one of the more attractive characters in the game then I can honestly say I feel sorry for their fanbase.

It's quite unnecessary for you to be rude and resort to calling people names like "butthurt." It's honestly becoming really hard to take you seriously when every conversation with you turns out to be you jumping to rude retorts when I'm nothing but respectful towards you for the most part. If you can't speak to me like a respectable adult, then please refrain from speaking to me at all. I have a very low tolerance for rude and/or mean people, especially ones that don't have a solid reason for it (such as someone being really rude/mean to you first). I'll simply start to ignore you in all threads so I won't have to deal with it anymore if it continues. I am only open to polite debates/arguments.

And for the record, things haven't "gone my way" from the get-go. If I was going to react sourly, I would have done so ages ago already.

Please also refrain from twisting my words and/or their meaning. My main concern on why her winning seems like crap all along has been the fact that I think she's only winning out of strong fandom or fetish bias. The fact that a considerable amount of the posts in her favor basically include "YEAH REDHEADS" kind of only adds to my point and my concerns too. If it wasn't for posts like that I probably wouldn't have even bothered to post calling it crap.

I'm not dumb enough to consider a few friends opinions to be ground enough to make a claim, so you really shouldn't jump to conclusions so easily.

I lurk a lot, and I take everything I see while lurking (and posting for that matter) throughout my whole time on a place into accounting. When I said plenty it was because I've seen it mentioned enough times throughout threads and comments on the sites I use for plenty to seem like an appropriate word to use.

You were doomed from the start. There's no such thing as "objectively prettiest" due to beauty being subjective in nature. And it is a popularity contest, just one with a theme instead of being straight-up popularity, aka popularity is still a major factor, especially when you consider that more attractive characters are naturally going to be more popular.EDIT: Consider this: if "objectively prettiest" existed, you wouldn't be using a poll.You're free to not find Jill attractive, but acting like the possibility of her winning the poll is objectively wrong is sheer arrogance and butthurt because things didn't go your way."Decent handful" does not imply the same as "plenty." "Plenty" makes it sound like there's a substantial number; "decent handful" sounds like you have 4 or 5 friends who don't find Jill to be a smoking hottie, which is probably the more likely scenario here.

This is a very poor understanding of the concept of "objective."

If objective means scientifically verified, you can argue that a survey or a poll like this is scientifically valid--psychologists do it all the time. One's idea of "objective" could be, very validly, majority rule: this is what Sumia thinks.

As for further objective evidence of "beauty," it definitely is under debate. It's no coincidence that people find Emma Watson good looking but find Susan Boyle ugly. Some knowledge is innate. http://www.iep.utm.edu/aestheti/#H3

There's no need to jump on someone from having a different opinion than you. You're doing the exact same thing you're accusing Sumia of: taking this too seriously.

This is a very poor understanding of the concept of "objective."

If objective means scientifically verified, you can argue that a survey or a poll like this is scientifically valid--psychologists do it all the time. One's idea of "objective" could be, very validly, majority rule: this is what Sumia thinks.

Alright, but this completely undermines Sumia's problem. If this is truly what she believes, the poll is God and she shouldn't be complaining. If the result is an objective truth, complaining about it is akin to complaining that 1 + 1 = 2 and not 3.

But the fact of the matter is that tastes vary and finding a 100% objective result on something subjective in nature is not going to happen. You can say there are reasonably objective qualities to beauty and I'd agree with you, but "objectively prettiest" is still, at best, a shaky concept.

There's no need to jump on someone from having a different opinion than you. You're doing the exact same thing you're accusing Sumia of: taking this too seriously.

Except I'm not the one complaining about the results of a poll. I also never said she was taking anything too seriously. I said her complaints don't make sense.

The poll could indeed be biased as she claims.

For example, I almost voted for Jill because I couldn't bear to vote against her since I love her as a character and as a unit. If I voted for her for those reasons, that would just be bad sportsmanship, or bias.

Sumia's complaint has some validity. Jill is both a great character and a unit. She has the best development in FE9.

Secondly, this poll isn't God--how is a poll that only 100 people at most are voting on a good poll? It's not. Maybe if had the proper funds, we could conduct a scientific study to see if a significant portion of people (greater than a thousand, and I'd purposely not make them FE fans as they can be biased for the reasons above) consider Sheeda more beautiful than Jill. This is what Sumia has in mind.

Edited by Celes

For me they go as follows

1.Sylvia

2.Ethlin

3.Fee

4.Yuria

5.Olwen

6.Lakche

7.Karin

8.Leen

9.Patty

10.Lara

those are my top ten yeah I put many down sigh but I could not help it.

The poll could indeed be biased as she claims.

For example, I almost voted for Jill because I couldn't bear to vote against her since I love her as a character and as a unit. If I voted for her for those reasons, that would just be bad sportsmanship, or bias.

Sumia's complaint has some validity. Jill is both a great character and a unit. She has the best development in FE9.

Yet if Jill were ugly, somehow I doubt people would be saying such things about her. Fewer people would consider her a favorite and she wouldn't get much attention. Sumia's complaint could potentially have some validity, but minimally, and the same bias could easily apply to Sheeda; people who prefer her character are more likely to vote for her. Additionally, Sumia's complaint reeks more of her bias against redheads than anything else.

Secondly, this poll isn't God--how is a poll that only 100 people at most are voting on a good poll? It's not. Maybe if had the proper funds, we could conduct a scientific study to see if a significant portion of people (greater than a thousand, and I'd purposely not make them FE fans as they can be biased for the reasons above) consider Sheeda more beautiful than Jill. This is what Sumia has in mind.

This poll is the best God any of us are gonna get, so if you want an "objectively prettiest" FE girl, you're just gonna have to accept it. Disagree if you wish, but accept it.

I'm glad to see you admit her complaints have some validity. That's the first step.

Sheeda has basically no character development. Jill has the best. I'm no expert on 11 and 12, but Jill is one of the top 2 or 3 units in both 9 and 10.

It's true that Sumia is biased against redheads, but it's also true that people seem to be biased for redheads as well. A person who is ugly may be considered better looking than a good looking person with blue hair if she has red hair, due to the bias people have for red hair.

You often see people talking about their bias for red hair, but that's no different than being biased against.

So we should just accept bad scientific studies if we don't have any other better options? That's just poor science. In fact, science wouldn't develop at all if we had people who made bad studies and we just listened to them.

Additionally, Sumia's complaint reeks more of her bias against redheads than anything else.

If you're going to try to place a bias on me, at least make it one that I didn't just say the exact opposite of. I admitted Cordelia and Titania are beautiful and even called Titania "very beautiful" earlier today in the thread. If my redhead bias was really that big of a deal to me then I wouldn't have said that and wouldn't have been okay with Titania winning.

And on a side note: I can't have a bias for Sheeda because I've never played her game.

All I've seen is her official art and have absolutely no clue about her as a character.

Edited by Sumia

Sheeda has basically no character development. Jill has the best. I'm no expert on 11 and 12, but Jill is one of the top 2 or 3 units in both 9 and 10.

Doesn't mean people can't prefer her character. Additionally, people may dislike Jill's character and not vote for her as a result.

It's true that Sumia is biased against redheads, but it's also true that people seem to be biased for redheads as well. A person who is ugly may be considered better looking than a good looking person with blue hair if she has red hair, due to the bias people have for red hair.

That's the name of the game here; if majority opinion rules, and majority opinion says red hair is more attractive than blue hair, tough. That is, by your own logic, an advantage for Jill.

If one person is considered "ugly" and another "good-looking," their hair color would already be factored in because a conclusion has already been reached. Red hair wouldn't suddenly make someone considered "ugly" into a more attractive person than someone already considered "good-looking." You're fishing for arguments.

So we should just accept bad scientific studies if we don't have any other better options? That's just poor science. In fact, science wouldn't develop at all if we had people who made bad studies and we just listened to them.

If this "study" were more important than which set of well-organized pixels in a video game was the most pleasing to the eye, I might care more if it's "bad science" or not.

This isn't fucking science. Here, I'll say it now: you're taking this too seriously.

"Sheeda has basically no character development"

Its a good thing she have 9001 awesome conversation, one of the best recruitment convo that is ever written in FE, and being the best character in the game

Edited by JSND

Yet if Jill were ugly, somehow I doubt people would be saying such things about her. Fewer people would consider her a favorite and she wouldn't get much attention. Sumia's complaint could potentially have some validity, but minimally, and the same bias could easily apply to Sheeda; people who prefer her character are more likely to vote for her. Additionally, Sumia's complaint reeks more of her bias against redheads than anything else.

Well, she's a great unit and has a great personality. People would still use her in PoR even if she looked like Oliver.

Well, she's a great unit and has a great personality. People would still use her in PoR even if she looked like Oliver.

But not as much. Think about the fact that you can find plenty more people who enjoy using bad characters such as Nino or Lilina than Meg. Being attractive goes a longer way than people are often willing to admit.

But not as much. Think about the fact that you can find plenty more people who enjoy using bad characters such as Nino or Lilina than Meg. Being attractive goes a longer way than people are often willing to admit.

Well, that's true.

People won't call her having good personality if she looks like say..... Gheb

I like my moezalez

Not necessarily, I've seen some people saying Gonzalez has a good personality.

Edited by Nobody