Anybody else here who noticed this about FE's "gods"?

The Void

In the Kaga FEs (and Tear Ring Saga), assorted characters who were worshiped that also appeared ingame were all dragons or had ties to dragons. Gaiden had Mila and Duma who weren't said to be dragons, but Duma did look like a dragon and Emperor Rudolf had a sword tied to Duma.

After Kaga left, the series has featured the Demon King and Ashunera, who don't even look like dragons like Duma did. They really weren't draconic at all.

Kaga's FEs had monsters like zombies in them, but dragons or characters tied to dragons were repeatedly the characters who appeared ingame that were called gods. It wasn't until Sacred Stones with the Demon King that the series had a deity character (or a non-human who was worshipped) with dialogue who wasn't a dragon or at least looked like a dragon.

Edited by The Void

Well, Akaneia and Jugdral are part of the same world and continuity. So they kinda have to be dragons. Such big near divine powers can't just be ignored when designing new continents in the same world.

Funnily this apparently even applies to Tear Ring Saga. In the interview to Emblem Saga on this site here, Kaga and the interviewer pretty much talk about Emblem Saga as if it was set in the same world too.

From http://www.serenesforest.net/general/emblemsaga.html

---Will characters from previous games make a return?

Kaga: A certain shape-shifting youth will have an important role, in the guise of a mysterious bard and sage. Since this game occurs in the same time period as the first game, Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, more characters may return if the need arises.

Unless I am missing some context here, I think I have rarely seen someone begging this desperately to be sued.

Anyway, as far as I know, Magvel and Telius games aren't set in the same universe. (What's a Priam?)

So they are free to be their own worlds without having to worry about divine dragons or that their own gods should have had some effect on Akaneia and Jugdral.

But then gain, who knows if Kaga would have ever did entirely different worlds if he was still around. But if nothing else, I don't see a problem with a different setting.

Edited by BrightBow

Kaga had far different ideas about Fire Emblem in general than the developers who took over his post seem to have had, in a gameplay sense. One only need to look at Thracia/TRS/Berwick to see where Kaga was taking the series in that regard.

Plot, however, seemed to be a fairly rudimentary thing to Kaga. It's only after he leaves that we start to see the real juggernaut stories of the FE series.

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. IS did have a lead of two generations of hardware on him, it doesn't surprise me that they packed in a lot more text and story. And it's not like there wasn't anythingt going on in his fe games, he might've wanted to flesh things out more than he was able.

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. IS did have a lead of two generations of hardware on him, it doesn't surprise me that they packed in a lot more text and story. And it's not like there wasn't anythingt going on in his fe games, he might've wanted to flesh things out more than he was able.

Hence all the dev notes.

Well, there's Tear Ring Saga, which was supposed to be another FE game after Thracia 776. Going from that, I wouldn't say the series with Kaga still around after T776 would have much worse character development, etc., than the series without Kaga

Edited by The Void