What did you want to reappear in Awakening?

Carter

the lack of the magic triangle was a definite fail. and soldiers. I also would have loved to see more effects for elevation on archers attacks.

I disagree on the magic triangle - it just felt tacked on, and did little to nothing to promote strategy.

Multiple objectives, more map objectives, weapons' weight (this is very important), an actual rescue option, Canto instead of Galeforce, an actual magic triangle since at the moment you pretty much only use thunder magic or dark magic due to their vast superiority (unless it's a particular book like Cellica's gale), FALCOKNIGHTS WITH SWORDS, actual feet, intricate map design.

I disagree on the magic triangle - it just felt tacked on, and did little to nothing to promote strategy.

Without it, there was no purpose in having different magics. And there was no light magic.

Without it, there was no purpose in having different magics. And there was no light magic.

But I never say any rhyme or reason for it to stay because it just never made much difference (Case in point: The Tellius saga).

But I never say any rhyme or reason for it to stay because it just never made much difference (Case in point: The Tellius saga).

The tellius saga had a two magic triangles: wind fire thunder and light dark anima. And the each of the anima had a greater effect on different certain laguz. Too many layers. Just stick with the GBA system. The problem is the way IS balanced it or lack thereof.

Pretty much this. I say good riddance to the magic triangle. People whine about it being gone but forget that it's usually been relevant about 1-2 times per GAME.

FE4 magic triangle was the most relevant because arenas, but even then, wind magic was so dominant you pretty much just used Wind against everything except maybe Fire.

FE6-8, magic users typically had so much RES compared to others that it was very rare for magic users to attack one another.

FE9-10, see above, except it's even more extreme.

Putting all tomes under one branch is a MUCH better system, given the magic system we currently have. There's just not enough differences between most types of magic, or enough different classes/characters using them, to really justify splitting magic into multiple ranks (3 unpromoted magic classes (1 dark) and 6 promoted (1 dark) - far less than the WT weapon using classes). If you have only one rank, and you also have the triangle, it gets silly - firstly magic vs. magic combat is already slightly uncommon, and secondly when everything can use everything tomes wise, it's just an extra complexity that adds little gameplay wise.

If the magic triangle comes back, I'd like to see it come with magic based classes which have actually notable distinctions from one another as well as their RES not making basically all mages magic tanks to one another.

[/rant]

I'd have really liked Shove to return, as well as Rescue. I know there's pair up and all, but playing FE8, man, doing crazy Rescue based stuff is just amazing fun.

The tellius saga had a two magic triangles: wind fire thunder and light dark anima. And the each of the anima had a greater effect on different certain laguz. Too many layers. Just stick with the GBA system. The problem is the way IS balanced it or lack thereof.

And even in the GBA FEs, 9 times out of 10, the magic triangle was irrelevant. Why have something that's bound to be rendered irrelevant because of mages in general having high resistance???

Edited by Levant Fortner