Carter's Awakening Females Only Playthrough (Paralogue 15: A Shot From the Dark + More Polls!)

Carter

More questions!  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do the son's paralogues? For extra EXP.

2. 2. Noire?

3. 3. Gaius!Noire?

4. 4. Say'ri?

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh. false alarm. piano lessons. the update MIGHT come tomorrow.. if not, then monday, and if not monday, then wednesday, and if not wednesday, then thursday, but if not thursday, then repeat the loop.

I am temporarily making Severa a normal, base class 'Pegasus Knight'.

Only because, I accidentally made her a Bride, but then her stats got too high, so in order to make this more difficult, she'll just be a base class.

EDIT: All of her stats are capped in Pegasus Knight (except Magic). But still better than Chrom!

Edited by Carter

He's a god among men.

A master of experience.

The only TRUE warrior able to withstand the holy power of the MAGIC POT.

ALL HAIL THE MAGIC POT.

Who epitomely phails on Lunatic. His bases along with difficulty of using him in the far beginning makes him a NU tier character.

I've never used Maribelle as a offensive force since her attack and defense growths are awful but how you use her is entirely up to you

That is why she should only be a Valkyrie in the end.

Or she's a goddess? Come on, people, RNG Goddess? It's TOTES Anna. She even has the Rightful God Skill in Apotheosis.

She is.
She sells her wares even in the fucking dark on the mountains. FE3. (Chapter 21)

They're too strong... Anna got me!

maxresdefault.jpg

Game Over.

Oh, crackers!

I find it hard to care for Vengeance, too.

It's not just that, but it's also the fact that getting anything out of it requires you be at low HP, in a game where losing your units means you lose them forever. Yeah... no.

The only time that I ever care for it is when your a Sorcerer with Nosferatu/Aversa's Night.

I went with Movement +1 on account of the fact that Pass and Counter are honestly pretty awful.

Not on a Sniper it isn't.

Paralogue 15 - A shot from the Dark

Well, it's here!

Turns: 6

Heroes: Sully & Sumia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20D3GJKQ7k

Nice thumbnail.
Even Youtube recommends it. :D

Don't know why I've forgot about this thread. Keep up the good work, Carter.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

I went with Movement +1 on account of the fact that Pass and Counter are honestly pretty awful.

Not on a Sniper it isn't.

That's what I thought. On my original file, my Noire has Pass + Counter, and I find it pretty useful, being as she can be trapped.

And I'm guessing that's why bows are the worst weapon type?

I still love them. I just wish Bride's could use Lances, Tomes and Staves, that would be amazing. I'd love to see the twirl in criticals with their tomes (like a female mage / sage / dark mage / sorcerer critical).

And I'm guessing that's why bows are the worst weapon type?

I still love them. I just wish Bride's could use Lances, Tomes and Staves, that would be amazing. I'd love to see the twirl in criticals with their tomes (like a female mage / sage / dark mage / sorcerer critical).

Well, bows HAVE been looked down upon in quite a few games (about the only games where I actually see praise for them are FE6, the DS games, and Radiant Dawn)... Not that I think they're the worst weapon type. (Incidentally, Longbows have been restricted to Archers and Snipers in FE9, and since FESD)

Personally, I'd say that'd get them obsoleted more easily, so no.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I think bows are great too, but I think the 2-Range thing is a big deal, since they're not able to Counter attack. Honestly, I think Counter should belong to Snipers, since imo, their skills are pathetic (except for Bowfaire).

I think bows are great too, but I think the 2-Range thing is a big deal, since they're not able to Counter attack. Honestly, I think Counter should belong to Snipers, since imo, their skills are pathetic (except for Bowfaire).

I kinda agree there. But as for bow classes, I'm more likely to use one besides Snipers, because being a sitting duck at close range and having no secondary weapon as a means of putting up a fight against someone who goes melee is a bad thing. IMO, I don't think Longbow and Double Bow access is enough to make up for it... and Counter being gimmicky and underwhelming for all the work you have to go through to get it is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Hopefully I'll be in the mood to record Inigo's paralogue soon... but I'll let you know what's going on.

Inigo's rating is around 100, and I've checked, he's not able to double the flying units. At least, not the Dark Fliers.

Longbow is useful but archers in this game (and I'd say FE since it seems not to be an Awakening-only issue) are too hard to use properly. I'd like to watch a Lunatic playthrough because they say Virion performs nicely in Lunatic, but in other modes they're more trouble than it's worth. Not being able to counter direct hits is a huge issue. There should be a trade off for not being affected by the weapon triangle, but I think it should be handled differently. But then "hardcore" fans will start screaming and saying "it's not FE anymore, I want my sucky archers back"...