Sword Predicament

Zanryu

I'm doing a swordmaster run in RD (not SM only, but use all SMs), and I've hit a snag as to who will use what sword in the Final chapters.

I mean, the strongest available are Vague Katti, Alondite, Tempest Blade and Silver Blade. You get two Tempest Blades, so yeah. Anyway, I'm not sure who should get what.

I'm thinking of giving Mia and Lucia the SS ranks because they have less strength and defense than the males, so they can use the extra damage and defense bonuses, but I'm still not decided on that.

If you ask for stats, I can't help you there as I'm not in Part 4 yet, but I wanna know who gets what before I go and use shit when I get it. And so I don't sit there for hours deciding when I DO get there.

So yeah, I need to spread the Vague Katti, Alondite, two Tempest Blades and a Silver Blade amongst five of my SMs.

And yes, I know full well that I keep calling the Swordmasters and they're Trueblades on promotion, I just hate the class name for the Swordmaster third tier. I'd use the japanese one but I'm not a fan of that one either. >_>

So yeah, help please. D:

Edited by Zanryu

Every one of those units is likely to cap most stats, or at least all the important ones. Give the SS weapons to your two best or two worst (depends if you prefer balance or not) and the rest to the others. It really doesn't matter which one gets which one when they all turn out the same.

Problem is they probably won't all reach 20/20/20 (hello, Lucia), so I'll not be sure who to give what. But like, would Alondite and VK going to the gals be smart? They get the extra damage and the defense boost to push just above the guys.

they all will if you only use them (along with the required units and the few other people).

plus... BEXP and save abuse will turn Lucia into a god.

I'm not only using them though, I'm using the usual units I use, I just use them a bit more than usual.

Also, I plan to BEXP abuse and stuff with Zihark and Lucia (Zihark because he isn't doing so hot yet, Lucia because... well, it's Lucia) though, but still, I doubt I'll have enough BEXP for them both, and save abusing annoys the piss outta me. >_>

I'm not only using them though, I'm using the usual units I use, I just use them a bit more than usual.

Also, I plan to BEXP abuse and stuff with Zihark and Lucia (Zihark because he isn't doing so hot yet, Lucia because... well, it's Lucia) though, but still, I doubt I'll have enough BEXP for them both, and save abusing annoys the piss outta me. >_>

A good time to BEXP abuse is at 20/20/10. By then, most of the the Trueblades will cap all the usual stats (Skill, Speed). The BEXP will prevent you from getting RNG screwed from that point. Although most Trueblades should be fine without it.

Mia-Vague Katti

Eddy-Comlegbsjdkjk A.K.A his sword

2nd best Trueblade-Alondite (Could be Zihark, anyone else)

The guy you get Vague Katti from- Tempest blade killer weapon

Are there any more SM than that? I'll edit my post if you want :) I'm sure I didn't need to say that 2nd part

Mia-Vague Katti

Are there any more SM than that? I'll edit my post if you want :) I'm sure I didn't need to say that 2nd part

You mean Caladbolg? That's not a bad idea. It has pretty good strength and a nice Luck bonus. Although a Silver Blade is stronger.

Mia-Vague Katti

I'm thinking of giving Mia Vague Katti too, but I'm considering Alondite for her too because of ranged attack and I adore the thought of Mia with Alondite. But other than that I'm lost. And no Caladbolg because I want the absolute strongest weapons.

I'm thinking of giving Mia Vague Katti too, but I'm considering Alondite for her too because of ranged attack and I adore the thought of Mia with Alondite. But other than that I'm lost. And no Caladbolg because I want the absolute strongest weapons.

Really? No Coladbolg? How strong is that weapon? You should just give the strongest SM the Vague Katti because they are tough enough. The reason I say 2nd best gets Alondite is because they might need it more. As for the others, it wouldn't work for either of those weapons because they would be too much weaker than your stronger ones, which means the weapons aren't used at their full potential.

@Zanryu: Where did you get your little guys in the sig from? I want a hero a nd SM sprite. Message back by PM if you would like to answer this question, if not then... don't reply :D THANK YOU. :D

Caladbolg has 15 Might, Silver Blade has 16. All the weapons I listed have the highest Might when it comes to swords.

Also, I ripped them from FEDS myself. I'd rip the Hero and SM sprites, but I've yet to promote anyone to them, and I don't want to use class swap and fuck up the caps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, second best would need VK more because of highest Might. Hell, weakest would need it most.

Edited by Zanryu

Caladbolg has 15 Might, Silver Blade has 16. All the weapons I listed have the highest Might when it comes to swords.

Also, I ripped them from FEDS myself. I'd rip the Hero and SM sprites, but I've yet to promote anyone to them, and I don't want to use class swap and fuck up the caps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, second best would need VK more because of highest Might. Hell, weakest would need it most.

As for the others, it wouldn't work for either of those weapons because they would be too much weaker than your stronger ones, which means the weapons aren't used at their full potential.

THIS :D

Edited by FEFL

That's why I'm thinking of giving the SS ranks to the ladies so they can have their strength be on par with the men (well, slightly higher), and get those delicious defense boosts? I tend to use Mia more than any sword user in the game anyways, so it's not like the men would take a punch in the nuts by me doing that.

That's why I'm thinking of giving the SS ranks to the ladies so they can have their strength be on par with the men (well, slightly higher), and get those delicious defense boosts? I tend to use Mia more than any sword user in the game anyways, so it's not like the men would take a punch in the nuts by me doing that.

Definently not. Good idea actually :D Isn't Mia stronger than Eddy?

Not nessacarily, I've ended up with an eddy with 6 points of str higher than any of my other trueblades (I LIKE USING TRUE BLADES) and even then my trueblades usually end up on par with eachother, sometimes even with supports.

Males have high str and def caps. I believe that Mia and Eddie at 20/20 will both cap str, skl, spd and def... but I don't recall. All I remember is that their growths for Speed and Skill are the same numbers just swapped. So if they level right, I believe they'll have the same numbers for skill and speed at the same levels until they cap them, just switched around between one another. I don't remember exactly, but Mia and Eddie are pretty much the EXACT same, just that one has high str and def whereas the other has higher mag and res. And Eddie will have higher HP, IIRC.

But yeah, I'm the local Mia fanboy, so she gets the most use, and I'd probably use Lucia a lot this run because I love Lucia despite being a mediocre unit. Meaning if they got the stronger weapons with defense boosts, it'd play out the best because they'll get the most use, with the men taking up the rear (no innuendo intended). Which would be why I'm confused, I dunno if my idea is smart, and if it is I dunno who to give which SS to. VK seems so right for Mia, but Alondite is so much sexier with Mia. And then there's the males... who would get the Silver Blade? I like Eddie and Stefan better than Zihark, but I'm thinking I should wait to see the stats come blessing time to decide for them. So really, it's just a matter of SS's on the women and others on the men, or specific weapons on specific units? D:

EDIT: Canas, PEMN. >_>

EDIT 2: Here are the 20/20/20 averages, rounded up.

Eddie:

HP: 55*

Str: 32*

Mag: 9

Skl: 40*

Spd: 40*

Luk: 30*

Def: 26*

Res: 13

Mia:

HP: 50*

Str: 31*

Mag: 14

Skl: 40*

Spd: 40*

Luk: 30

Def: 25*

Res: 20

So as you can see, Eddie and Mia are basically on par with one another. Eddie caps 6 stats whereas Mia caps 5, BUT her luck is on par with Eddie's despite hers not even being capped. So yeah. Only difference is Eddie's got 5 HP on Mia, 1 strength and 1 defense. BUT, if I give Mia an SS rank, she'll do more damage than all of the males, AND she'll get a defense boost to get pushed above the men, hitting either 28 defense or 30, depending on which SS I give her.

Edited by Zanryu

You know you could use a forged silver instead of a silver blade.It gets around 17 Mt before a card bonus,with potential to hit 20 Mt,as well as more Crit and Hit.Plus you get to choose the colour.

yea maybe, but still it's RNG's and even at that point averages mean very little, because once the computer initailly sets a series of number it sticks with it until something drastic changes (this goes for growths too, I know I am the RNG god)

You know you could use a forged silver instead of a silver blade.It gets around 17 Mt before a card bonus,with potential to hit 20 Mt,as well as more Crit and Hit.Plus you get to choose the colour.

This involves ass loads of funds.

I may not have ass loads of funds. =X

And Canas, averages have A LOT to do with things. I mean, there's no real way to beat those averages given how next to everything is capped, and they're VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY likely to hit their averages. If I add on BEXP abuse to fuck with the averages, they'll end up with everything capped, pretty much. But my point was, Mia doesn't end up stronger than Eddie, but with either of the SS ranks she'll be better than all the males.

You get a 2 laguz gems and a white gem within like 3 chapters of endgame,unless you are planning on taking any non royal,non heron laguz,that is 37k of funds from one gem,and the white gem sells for another 10k.Plus you have any SS ranks you aren't using.