H5 - what makes it harder?

Espinosa

Which restriction results in a more challenging H5 experience?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which restriction results in a more challenging H5 experience?

• No Warpskip
    • No Wing Spear

Recently had this idea. Earlier I made a discussion about the specifics of banning Warp in H5 efficiency settings (to which I still need to respond again), but now I'm wondering if Warp usage is the one thing that really complicates the gaming experience.

So here's a discussion I propose - would banning the use of the Wing Spear (using Caeda is otherwise okay) make the H5 experience (efficiency) more troublesome than one where one cannot warpskip maps? Caeda is still an early flier who can get to Ridersbane fairly early, but cannot ORKO armours with a forge anymore, and her strength is just too low for most purposes as good as doubling on H5 may be (not achieved by too many of your units on many enemy types).

One big change that Warpskip's removal introduces is the longer amount of time spent on the maps, but does it also imply a significantly harder experience (managing when to use and how to repair the numerous Warp staves is 'hard' in a different sense)? At the same time, guys like Ogma and Barst can bosskill armours with misc effective weaponry though they're less mobile and are flying just about never.

And would Wingspearless efficiency make *gasp* Sedgar/Wolf into Top tier units? Part of the reason these two are sandbagged as much as they are is because: a) maps are cleared too quickly in warpskip for the big growths to accumulate, b) Caeda needs the exp she can get to promote early and continues slaying bosses indefinitely.

Warp is definately stronger than Wingspear. Without it, its not like units like Wolf/Sedgar become competant bosskillers or anything. Hammer!Barst pretty much would replace Caeda, most likely. Some lategame maps actually have mildly threatening enemies that are kind of a pain, as well.

Edited by General Horace

Barst's Hammer sounds like it would be one hell of an expensive forge.

Wolf/Sedgar would probably really improve their combat against non-boss enemies, which matters a lot in a Warpless run. No Warp+no Wing Spear sounds like an interesting idea for an efficiency run though I can tell some expensive weapons will be forged. I imagine Caeda will remain in play regardless, too.

Barst's Hammer sounds like it would be one hell of an expensive forge.

Wolf/Sedgar would probably really improve their combat against non-boss enemies, which matters a lot in a Warpless run. No Warp+no Wing Spear sounds like an interesting idea for an efficiency run though I can tell some expensive weapons will be forged. I imagine Caeda will remain in play regardless, too.

Doesn't matter. You'll still have overkill money.

Edited by PKL

On second thought, Armourslayer Ogma might be a cheaper alternative, since he'll double and Barst won't for a while.

No forge at all would be tougher overall though, since Shiida wouldn't ORKO bosses anymore, and even generic cavs can tank a ridersbane unforged.