Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Speaking of gender disparities between starters, my Piplup on Platinum version happened to be female...probably the first female starter I've gotten since ever. (Y u do this Nintendo, I want to breed Eevees...and y Abra have 75/25)

Edited by Interest

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, what does everyone think about Whimsicott?

I've been playing around with it on Showdown, and I'm liking it. It's fast enough where it can taunt other pranksters, take more than enough physical hits with lefties and leech seed, and as of Gen 6, it's now a FAIRY, which is probably one of the largest buffs that it could receive. I'm thinking it may be my favorite Prankster. I'm running it with Leech Seed, Taunt, Stun Spore, and U-Turn.

EDIT: Thought I posted this in the competitive teams topic... oh well, I guess it works here as well.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

First starter? Male Torchic. Kicked all kinds of ass.

Favorite battle theme? Bar none, Diantha's theme. Just so bouncy.

^Plus it only has one big weakness (Poison) and whoever uses poison as coverage deserves to be slapped.

It also has a Ground resistance, so that is something over Sableye and Klefki. IIRC, its support pool is not as good as either two, though.

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

It goes from the most overhyped pokemon to ever exist

.....Into an actually legit stuff that is potentially overhyped

Buffed Whimsicott problem is the fact that the buff exist in a gen where Grass types have a hard time in the metagame. On top of every problem it used to have, and then more

Edited by JSND

My first female starter was a female Turtwig in Diamond. I wasn't sure if I was imagining things since up to that point I didn't believe it was possible to get a female starter at all.

My first female starter was either a Totodile in Silver, or a Torchic in Emerald. I played those after going through a few playthroughs of both Fire Red and Sapphire, so it took a while.

Also these Froakies are annoying me. I have 4 full boxes of Froakies, and not a single one has gotten 6 31 IVs, and only like 6 have got 5 31s, including the main breeders.

Edited by Konnor97

Sure it's a 1/192 (I think) chance, but I've got a few with 0 as its final IV, which has the same chance, so each of those are a kick in the balls. At least this is good WT/GTS bait.

Oh, and they have made it 6 boxes now. I better get good stuff from the WT when this is all done.

Edited by Konnor97

Heyheyhey, do you think I could have your Zapdos for something?

Uh, sure I suppose; I'm getting one from Poke Bank anyways. You'll have to wait a bit though, since I'm only now getting my first badge....

I've had a female Bulbasaur and the Snivy I got in Black and Black 2 were both female. All on the first pick too, wasn't even trying. Beat that. lol

Also, I voted Ninetales, Simisage, neither, neither, and Nidoking. I'm not a fan of Water type Pokemon or Raichu or Eelektross (though I decided to use one of the latter on my Black 2 team for a reason I don't remember).

Well I just got a Cyndaquil and Mudkip via the GTS so time to trade them to my X version, breed them, start a new game on Y, and use Cyndaquil and Mudkip instead of Froakie and Charmander. (Typhlosion and Swampert are two of my all time favorite Pokemon)

Edited by Kamina

Wow, they're fast.

I put Yveltal up for Mudkip (I'm doing another run of Y version, so I'll get another Yveltal) and literally within a minute I got the Mudkip. The Pokemon that was traded for Cyndaquil was offered Yesterday so that I wouldn't forget to do it today.

I'm still gonna get the Pokemon Bank and transfer my other Pokemon to X version when it comes out here though. (I only got X version so I could store pokemon, breed pokemon, and keep my Wifi team on it so that I won't lose everything whenever I want to play Y version again.)

Edited by Kamina

Merry Christmas everyone! And if you don't celebrate, I hope you have a good day anyway.

Just a reminder, do try to put some good pokemon into the Wonder Trade today and spread some goodwill through it to anyone trading today, whether its a little kid just starting their Pokemon adventure, an experienced player looking for their next pokemon to breed and battle with, or a 20 year old girl sitting on her couch swathed in blankets telling you all this (I got loads of breeding rejects to dump, so be on the lookout for lots of HA Vulpix, Natu, and Fletchling, as well as Play Rough Absols, Freeze Dry Lapras, and Wish Eevees among so many more)!

You should also be on the alert possibly for any pokemon technically not available yet here sent from those who do have Poke Bank.....

I might wind up sending out Adamant Charmanders if I get some while trying to get one that's female for breeding a sweet Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X.

Edit: Haahaa. First time I Wonder Trade(Sending out my Adamant Male Charmander), and I get an Adaptability Eevee. XD

Edited by Dai

Just sent out 24 Eevees (with Wish, Pokerus, and a Big Nugget attached. Mostly Adaptability.) and I'm in the middle of sending out some Dratinis (Aqua Jet, Pokerus, and Rare Candy, with mostly Marvel Scale), though I feel that the majority are still going to players that has been at it for a while instead of kids who just got it, judging by the number of breeding rejects I've acquired.

Oh well, whatever, merry christmas to everyone.

Edited by Thor Odinson

The game gave me a Christmas present.

I decided to finally get started on the Seliph (Froakie) project. Catching the female Protean Froakie was the hardest part, I got about 20 Torrents in a row. Then I started breeding, finally nailing it just right now. (Don't tell me I need an egg move...) I then sent out the 2IV to 4IV Timid Protean Froakies over Wonder Trade and ended up getting a Porygon among the trades. Also, one of the rejects turned out to be 5IV -SpAtk so that I can have him become the Spikes-providing grandfather of Alm (Chespin, through Delibird).

I also finally got the 3rd slot to open up in one of my Friend Safaris, and it turned out to be Eevee, so I can do some re-breeding. Lilina (Vaporeon) will be re-bred to be put into a Luxury Ball and Arthur (Espeon) will be re-bred for higher IVs and hidden ability.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Just sent out 24 Eevees (with Wish, Pokerus, and a Big Nugget attached. Mostly Adaptability.) and I'm in the middle of sending out some Dratinis (Aqua Jet, Pokerus, and Rare Candy, with mostly Marvel Scale), though I feel that the majority are still going to players that has been at it for a while instead of kids who just got it, judging by the number of breeding rejects I've acquired.

Oh well, whatever, merry christmas to everyone.

I can't help but think that a lot of these 'breeding rejects' are coming from people that also wanted to give gifts to new players.

Anyone know how to make it so starters have a higher chance of hatching female? I'm trying to breed for a female charmander. Already got the nature I want.

Sadly, I don't think there is such a way. It really does just require patience.

Wow Wonder Trade is being awesome tonight. 5 IV Chespin. 5 IV Tangela...and I just got a Cottonee.

Edited by Interest