Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you defeat it the first time around? I think it returns unless you catch it.

All of the interactable Pokemon did this in HG/SS if I remember and I was surprised to see Sudowoodo back. I should have done this for Lugia and Red Gyarados.

Gen II is closed

Results:

Poll: Pokemon Gen II (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Starter

1. Chikorita - 12 votes [19.35%]
  2. Cyndaquil - 31 votes [50.00%]
  3. Totodile - 18 votes [29.03%]
  4. Neither - 1 votes [1.61%]

Interactable

1. Sudowoodo - 3 votes [4.84%]
  2. Lapras - 14 votes [22.58%]
  3. Gyarados - 33 votes [53.23%]
  4. Snorlax - 6 votes [9.68%]
  5. Neither - 6 votes [9.68%]

Eeveelution

1. Espeon - 25 votes [40.32%]
  2. Umbreon - 25 votes [40.32%]
  3. Neither - 12 votes [19.35%]

Legendary (Trio)

1. Raikou - 16 votes [25.81%]
  2. Entei - 10 votes [16.13%]
  3. Suicune - 32 votes [51.61%]
  4. Neither - 4 votes [6.45%]

Legendary

1. Lugia - 35 votes [56.45%]
  2. Ho-oh - 20 votes [32.26%]
  3. Neither - 7 votes [11.29%]

I actuallly don't have strong opinions for these ones, except for Lileep...

I like Hoenn more for its music than for anything else, honnestly, and some pretty cool Pokémon. (And for Luvdisk. Can't have too much Luvdisk).

I may have choose Torchic, because it allows you to use Ludicolo, but I choosed Treecko because he was pretty good for me.

(Though the correct answer is obviously : Ditch the starter for Ralts. Wally knew his choice was the right choice !)

Edited by shyteddie

Treecko is one of my favorite starters(helped by the fact that he was the first starter I picked in an actual pokemon game. I only had emulators before). Sceptile is da best Hoenn starter for me. I want mega Sceptile!

I find Anorith to be pretty cute and Armaldo was decent for me in (in-game)battles.

And Kyogre looks like a cetacean, which is a good thing in my book.

[rant]And while we're on the subject of favorite 3rd gen pokemon, I'll just empty my by saying how saddened I am by the fact that the type change this generation royally screwed my favorite pokemon, Metagross. Gaining 2 weaknesses in exchange to a 1 new resist and Se type matchup isn't really worht it in my eyes, especially since most OU fairy types(Mawhile, Azumarill, Klefki) are neutral to steel. The only one it gives a boost is against Togekiss. Add to this that his Hidden ability is completely useless(compare it to how Multiscale gave Dragonite a new life) and it didn't even get a mega evo while the already top tier Garchomp, Scizor and Tyranitar got one.[/rant]

Edited by LuxSpes

^Yeah, I know how you feel. I liked using Metagross to wall stuff up until now.

Wasn't my favorite gen (That title will always belong to the nostalgia fest that is Johto), but I actually really enjoyed it when it came out since it set the standard for so many things in the series with updated graphics, abilities, natures, you name it! I would've picked Mudkip as my fave since it was my first starter and I grew attached to it, but these days I find myself using Torchic more and I'm getting a little sick and tired of the Mudkip meme. Also, I want to see if Spaceman Craig will really jam a ketchup bottle up his nose. Totally curious!

As much as I'm curious about seeing how someone can stuff a ketchup bottle up his nose, I won't betray my wuv for Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile to satisfy it. It's one of the few line of 3 pokemon where I love every single one in the chain.

so i herd u liek mudkipz

If Treecko loses I will jam a ketchup bottle up my nose and pretend to be a proboscis monkey.

I had Sapphire but Latios was always my favorrite of the Eon duo. I like both Kyogre and Rayquaza a lot, but I think I'm going with Kyogre

Edited by Tonton

Voted neither for all except the starter and fossil. I generally don't like Hoenn Pokemon, so yeah. I like Treecko best out of the starters (I do like Torchic, but I hate its evolutions. The Mudkip line overall is just really stupid and awful and I hate that annoying Mudkip meme) and I like Anorith more than Lileep because Armaldo is kind of cool.

I got my first critical captures in X the other day though! First one was on Kecleon (ugh, why a Hoenn Pokemon? DX), the second was Ditto! (Heck yeah. :D) I bred my first couple of eggs too. First one was a Teddiursa because I wanted to get its Pokedex entry. Then I bred a Munchlax egg from the Snorlax you can catch on route 7. After I made sure to buy a Full Incense and have the Snorlax hold it, of course. My Ursaring is female, so I bred it with my Chesnaught instead of a Ditto. I bred the Snorlax with the Ditto though.

Voted Treecko, Anorith, neither, Latios and Rayquaza.

None of those choices was particularly hard.

I just noticed that, according to serebii, the older fossil pokemon are obtainable in X/Y. Where can I get the fossils?

Voted Treecko, Anorith, neither, Latios and Rayquaza.

None of those choices was particularly hard.

I just noticed that, according to serebii, the older fossil pokemon are obtainable in X/Y. Where can I get the fossils?

rock smash stuff in the cave where you got your first fossil and met Team Flare the first time

Edited by shadykid