Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone knows what's the chance of a pokemon having an hidden ability in the Friend Safaris? Because I've been fighting the same 3 abilities pokemon(2 normal/1 hidden) for several hours and I haven't met a single one with it's hidden ability. I'm trying to see if I'm getting RNG screwed or it's really just that rare.

Edit: Just found out that the guy has to have been online for me to find hidden abilities :facepalm:

Edited by LuxSpes

^interesting, I was wondering the same. Also, sorry for the delay but I'm on finals. Gen IV coming tonight!

Also, I finally caught a zomg awesome zapdos!

Quirky Nature // Likes to trash about

Lv 70

Hp 215

Str 152

Def 144

Mag 201

Res 152

Sp 166

Whoo so excited about this zapdos. Who cares about rigging nature? like, 10% doesn't make a huge dif amirite

Edit: serebii.net updated its main page saying the shapes/symbols that appear in the pokes status at the boxes just mean the pokes origin. They say the blue pentacle means that said pokemon was obtained in-game. The rest is unknown for now and will be known as soon as pokemon bank is released in dec 25th. Others shapes include a circle, a triangle, a square, a heart, a star and a diamond. Although shinies have the red star along with the blue pentacle.

Edited by Quintessence

I've yet to encounter one I could darken 6, but it will happen one day!

...one day.

I was seriously RNG blessed with my aaron this morning.

First, a shiny one, then a 6IV one(despite none of the parent having perfect SpA).

Then I lost my time for hours trying to find a pokemon I had no chance to find.

Edited by LuxSpes

That is pretty damn cool.

I was pretty ecstatic(well as much as my flu-wracked carcass would permit) considering I never seen a shiny before X&Y and I happened to get one of a pokemon that I like with good nature and good IVs.

Hey, could anybody help me with this Klefkey set? I didn't feel like making a new topic for this.

Air Balloon

Bold nature

252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Fairy Lock/Foul Play

Toxic

Spikes

Recycle

This is supposed to be a Klefkey that sets up spikes without fear of bulky ground types. I just can't decide between foul play and fairy lock. Foul play is so it isn't crippled by taunt, but fairy lock would be useful for trapping opponents with Toxic. So... opinions?

Hey, could anybody help me with this Klefkey set? I didn't feel like making a new topic for this.

Air Balloon

Bold nature

252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Fairy Lock/Foul Play

Toxic

Spikes

Recycle

This is supposed to be a Klefkey that sets up spikes without fear of bulky ground types. I just can't decide between foul play and fairy lock. Foul play is so it isn't crippled by taunt, but fairy lock would be useful for trapping opponents with Toxic. So... opinions?

I'm not sure Kelfki has what it takes to Toxic Stall. Without any recovery, not even Leftovers, your opponent can just chip it down.

Edited by Shuuda

Doesn't Fairy Lock only work for one turn too? It sounds pretty bad.

Also, like Shuuda said, Klefki isn't too good at staying on the field for very long. Using Screens seems to be what it's best at.

And priority spike laying?

Oh, whoops.

I will infect you all with fruit madness.

Recently, I thought a lot to myself that I needed an excited emoticon that waved it's arms, only to realize that I was thinking about your avatar. I'm infected

Results:

Poll: Pokemon Gen III (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Starter

1. Treecko - 22 votes [40.74%]
  2. Torchic - 20 votes [37.04%]
  3. Mudkip - 9 votes [16.67%]
  4. Neither - 3 votes [5.56%]

Fossil

1. Lileep - 15 votes [27.78%]
  2. Anorith - 30 votes [55.56%]
  3. Neither - 9 votes [16.67%]

Legendary (Trio)

1. Regirock - 7 votes [12.96%]
  2. Regice - 18 votes [33.33%]
  3. Registeel - 18 votes [33.33%]
  4. Neither - 11 votes [20.37%]

Legendary (Duo)

1. Latias - 24 votes [44.44%]
  2. Latios - 27 votes [50.00%]
  3. Neither - 3 votes [5.56%]

Legendary

1. Kyogre - 20 votes [37.04%]
  2. Groudon - 9 votes [16.67%]
  3. Rayquaza - 20 votes [37.04%]
  4. Neither - 5 votes [9.26%]

Gen IV is huge and will last two weeks, the first one featuring the classic poll questions (starters, legends, fossils, etc) and the second one featuring options regarding the new evolutionary methods.

NEW GEN, NEW POLLS

GOGOGO