Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

The Shiny Stone poll for me was a coin flip that Togekiss won.

The Dusk Stone poll leads me to a nickname question for my grand Fire Emblem Cross-Cast breeding project. I want Deirdre and Tharja to be represented - who would fit Mismagius better? The other one will be Gothitelle.

And, I just had a breeding success - Arvis the 5IV Timid Larvesta. Other than that, the cross-cast has hit a brick wall, as I will need to transfer a lot from 5th gen (N's Pokemon provide 30 IVs needed for Hidden Power breeding, on top of so many species in the cross-cast being unavailable).

(I notice this place doesn't view bumping dead threads too kindly, or I would have bumped the nickname thread.)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Probopass vote made a difference!!

Aside from the Dawn Stone poll, all choices were hard because I like or dislike all of the options about equally much...

I see a lot of people who haven't played Explorers of the Sky. ;/

What (else than that I haven't played it) does this mean?

Finished the game yesterday, dem feels ;_;

My Probopass vote made a difference!!

Aside from the Dawn Stone poll, all choices were hard because I like or dislike all of the options about equally much...

What (else than that I haven't played it) does this mean?

Maybe it's because Shaymin is losing?

So I got a 14-win streak in the double battle challenge in the Battle Maison (my 15 wins were in single battle). It was really only because of my Sunny Day + Chlorophyll + Solarbeam combo though. But I gave my Delphox a Heat Rock and gave Sylveon the Leftovers I picked up. I just need ten more BP to have enough to get the Assault Vest. I was recommended these items. I was also recommended the Life Orb, but that literally hurts a Pokemon more, so I'm deciding not to use it.

Edited by Anacybele

So I got a 14-win streak in the double battle challenge in the Battle Maison (my 15 wins were in single battle). It was really only because of my Sunny Day + Chlorophyll + Solarbeam combo though. But I gave my Delphox a Heat Rock and gave Sylveon the Leftovers I picked up. I just need ten more BP to have enough to get the Assault Vest. I was recommended these items. I was also recommended the Life Orb, but that literally hurts a Pokemon more, so I'm deciding not to use it.

Just pointing this out, but Life Orb damaging your pokemon shouldn't be that big of an issue when your pokemon are healed after each battle. Assuming you give it to a pokemon that can reliably OHKO opponents of course.

Finished the game yesterday, dem feels ;_;

Maybe it's because Shaymin is losing?

I assume she means Dusknoir.

Both of these are correct (even if Dusky appeared in both games, he got more backstory in Sky). Ahem. . .

Unless you're doing something silly like Flare Blitz Flareon, Life Orb is a pretty good item to have in Battle Maison.

Life Orb is an excellent item.

Also, I'd rather lose at 14 then get to 43 in Super Singles, and then lose.

SEVEN BATTLES BEFORE THE MAISON LEADER!!! (WHICH I WOULD'VE GOTTEN 50BP FOR BEATING!!!)

ASDF.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Life Orb is an excellent item.

Also, I'd rather lose at 14 then get to 48 in Super Singles, and then lose.

For some Pokemon, yes. But not my team, imo. And true, I suppose.

Also, I wasn't planning on using the Battle Maison a lot since it doesn't award exp points.

Edited by Anacybele

Depends. What Pokes are you using?

BUT THE ITEMS!

Delphox, Bellossom, Sylveon, Pyroar, Talonflame, and Aurorus. And maaan, my Bellossom is very dangerous. Because of its high sp. attack, Chlorophyll, Sunny Day, and Solarbeam. This makes it consistently throw 1-turn Solarbeams before anything else hits it first, especially in double battles or triple battles because I can send my Delphox out alongside it instead of having to switch them (Delphox is the Sunny Day user). Yeaaah. :D

Right. I'm just getting the few items I want and that's it.

Only got an 11-win streak in triple battles due to some stupid bad luck. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

I never liked battle facilities in previous games and I didn't think I'd use this one either...but its not that hard anymore racking up lots of BP in relatively not much time, now that I actually comprehend EVs and IVs and how much stronger my pokemon are because of it. And battle items like Life Orb do help; I'm using it on one of my pokemon, and its really funny how it can one shot opponents with extra power in return for a small, almost negligible amount of HP considering nothing is usually able to harm it before it drops them. Its made gathering BP for items so easy! ....So if you guys ever need any, like I said in the trade thread, I'd be willing to get some in return for a good trade....

And funnily enough, I've been re-playing Explorers of Sky again since I've been a little bored of grinding in the Battle Chateau. Just got to Graduation, and I've been mulling over how to do it with just Vulpix and Shinx since I haven't played in a long while and I forgot you couldn't use the full force of your team. Taught Vulpix Dark Pulse for area attack (shame it can't learn Heat Wave), but my Shinx hasn't got Discharge yet, and I'm too lazy to grind....any ideas? I always hated the Graduation fight....so not fair.

Well, for now, I've given my team the items I want them to have. The only two that didn't get new items are Talonflame and Bellossom. Because I felt others needed the items I chose more.

Time to pick up where I left off on the Pokedexes and start seeing more of the Coastal Kalos dex.

I tried the battle Maison in the single battles and beat the Chatelaine in my first try ._.

I was actually a bit surprised, since I didn't prepare for it or anything, I usually struggled a lot more in the previous games battle facilities, I just choose 3 pokemon from my main game team (Chesnaught, Talonflame and Blastoise) and tried it. could it be that I'm finally starting to get gud?

At least I got my Toxic Orb faster than I thought I would take :D

You're right, they aren't. I guess I must've either seen it in the Battle Maison, or I was just completely mistaken. xP

I caught one though. Got lucky, it didn't take me that long to find one despite their encounter rate being low.

...Okay, how the hell did a Magcargo outspeed my Delphox? The Magcargo did get a +2 speed boost, but still, Delphox is very fast and Magcargo is very slow.

MATH TIME~!

Let's take a Level 50 Magcargo with a speedy nature. Its absolute maximum speed, if all the stars align, is 90. Delphox, under the same conditions, has 171 Speed. Doesn't look like Magcargo will beat Delphox anytime soon, right?

A +2 stat boost means that the stat in question is doubled. So, if we multiply Magcargo's amazing 90 Speed by two, we get 180. 180 > 171, which means that, yes, Magcargo can outspeed Delphox (but why the hell you'd make this sort of set is beyond me).

And funnily enough, I've been re-playing Explorers of Sky again since I've been a little bored of grinding in the Battle Chateau. Just got to Graduation, and I've been mulling over how to do it with just Vulpix and Shinx since I haven't played in a long while and I forgot you couldn't use the full force of your team. Taught Vulpix Dark Pulse for area attack (shame it can't learn Heat Wave), but my Shinx hasn't got Discharge yet, and I'm too lazy to grind....any ideas? I always hated the Graduation fight....so not fair.

Buy a bajillion Reviver Seeds. . .and then, do to the following:

Vulpix: Confuse Ray, Will 'o the Wisp, Flamethrower, (your choice)

Shinx: Swagger, Protect, (whatever you like)

IIRC, orbs work too (it's helpful, but not mandatory), as do thrown seeds (this I absolutely certain works). . .sooo. . .your job is to inflict mass status effects and snipe with Flamethrower. Concentrate on getting numbers down, and manually control Shinx's moves (every turn, shut off all moves except the one you want it to use). It might help if the two of you split up, as well (change your partner's tactics).

MATH TIME~!

Let's take a Level 50 Magcargo with a speedy nature. Its absolute maximum speed, if all the stars align, is 90. Delphox, under the same conditions, has 171 Speed. Doesn't look like Magcargo will beat Delphox anytime soon, right?

A +2 stat boost means that the stat in question is doubled. So, if we multiply Magcargo's amazing 90 Speed by two, we get 180. 180 > 171, which means that, yes, Magcargo can outspeed Delphox (but why the hell you'd make this sort of set is beyond me).

Oh, I see. I didn't know that a stat increasing by that much meant it was doubled. >_<