Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I just discovered that it's possible to find items after a battle in a cave. I just got a Float Stone after beating a Druddigon in Victory Road. :o

Yeah, if you pay attention while in battle, you'll sometime see something like a berry tree(on a route) or a rock pillar(in a cave) behind the wild pokemon. If you use a certain move(things like razor leaf or air cutter), you'll receive an item.

More details here.

I never liked battle facilities in previous games and I didn't think I'd use this one either...but its not that hard anymore racking up lots of BP in relatively not much time, now that I actually comprehend EVs and IVs and how much stronger my pokemon are because of it. And battle items like Life Orb do help; I'm using it on one of my pokemon, and its really funny how it can one shot opponents with extra power in return for a small, almost negligible amount of HP considering nothing is usually able to harm it before it drops them. Its made gathering BP for items so easy! ....So if you guys ever need any, like I said in the trade thread, I'd be willing to get some in return for a good trade....

I agree about the Battle Maison. It seems a lot more forgiving than previous Battle Facilities and gives a good amount of BP. My only complaint is that you can't do multi-battles with a friend via Wi-Fi(a feature that was in previous games, I heard)

Edited by LuxSpes

Yeah, if you pay attention while in battle, you'll sometime see something like a berry tree(on a route) or a rock pillar(in a cave) behind the wild pokemon. If you use a certain move(things like razor leaf or air cutter), you'll receive an item.

More details here.

I see, but that must be a little inaccurate. I got a Float Stone, which requires use of Rock Slide, but neither my Pokemon nor the Druddigon used that move. I'm pretty sure. It could've been my Pyroar's Hyper Voice though, maybe.

The only reason why I could see them making fairy resistant to Bug is because of U-turn. (But I don't think the prevalence of one move is enough to nerf an already pathetic type)

That would mean that they failed miserably since the point of U-turn isn't to deal damage but to preserve momentum and scout. Another resistance changes nothing except make troubled Pokemon like Heracross and Yanmega worse.

Okay, how come Gurdurr are continuously hitting my Talonflame with Stone Edge? I thought this move had terrible accuracy. :/

Stone Edge and Focus Blast normally miss only when you're using them.

>pokemon rng

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

80% accurancy isn't that bad. It means the move will hit 4 out of 5 times! The thing is, as human beings, our minds tend to remember of events that are unfair to us, and forget the ones that are positive. It means you are more likely to remember the times your stone edges miss and your opponent's hit.

Edited by Nobody

That would mean that they failed miserably since the point of U-turn isn't to deal damage but to preserve momentum and scout. Another resistance changes nothing except make troubled Pokemon like Heracross and Yanmega worse.

Like I said, I personally don't think it would be a good reason either. What I find funny is that the types that got changed this gen was usually in a balanced way. Steel loss resistance to dark and ghost, but gained resistance to fairy and SE against them. Similarly, Dark is now neutral against Steel, but weak against fairies and resisted by them. Other types, like grass, gained the nifty ability to being immune to spore and its variant. Only bug got added another non-effective match-up with no compensation. Despite some top tier pokemon being bugs, it's all due to their abilities, moveset, stats and/or secondary typing. In short, they're good pokemon despite being bug

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

80% accurancy isn't that bad. It means the move will hit 4 out of 5 times! The thing is, as human beings, our minds tend to remember of events that are unfair to us, and forget the ones that are positive. It means you are more likely to remember the times your stone edges miss and your opponent's hit.

Except I've gone through like a dozen Gurdurr, maybe more. And everyone of them managed to land a hit with Stone Edge. But you do have a point on the memory thing.

I just got a Japanese (or some such) Vileplume off the GTS. Since I didn't want to go training up another Oddish to get one for the dex. :P I had put up a Pokemon for trade on the GTS ages ago, but totally forgot about it until today. lol