Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

I still wasn't sure about Dragalge's type. You don't have to take me for stupid for it. Geez.

never did

if anything i was calling you unaware :S

I previous generations that was very common, I could just list them all, but here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elite_4

I'm glad they didn't do that with Gen V and VI, we have enough pokemon for a trainer to have 4-5 good pokemon of a same type.

Although one interesting fact, all of Agatha's pokemon were poison-type and two of them aren't Ghost, the type she supposedly specializes into :P

right forgot about agatha

but the main reason is as you stated, there wasn't enough pokes of the type(many of them had multiples just to fill up space :x)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never did

if anything i was calling you unaware :S

right forgot about agatha

but the main reason is as you stated, there wasn't enough pokes of the type(many of them had multiples just to fill up space :x)

I forgive GF for the first ones for that, but Flint? They couldn't have 5 fire type pokemon for him in Diamond and Pearl?

So wait? If your pokemon holding a weakness policy gets hit once with a super effective move from a wild pokemon it immediately gets rid of the item permanently?

Ugh back to that battle maison thing.

Same thing applies to White/Power Herbe and berries amirite? Never do such in wild battles >_>

I forgive GF for the first ones for that, but Flint? They couldn't have 5 fire type pokemon for him in Diamond and Pearl?

Yeah, pretty much this. There were couple more weird cases like him in later games, but he was by far the weirdest

I previous generations that was very common, I could just list them all, but here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elite_4

I'm glad they didn't do that with Gen V and VI, we have enough pokemon for a trainer to have 4-5 good pokemon of a same type.

Although one interesting fact, all of Agatha's pokemon were poison-type and two of them aren't Ghost, the type she supposedly specializes into :P

Lol, for one moment I thought Agatha's was Poison type >_>

So I've been vigorously breeding pokemon for my first, full-on competitive team (that is not for the tournament), and I've gotten about half my team with 5 perfect IVs so far, but my latest two only seem to be getting 3-4 useful IVs (some of them are 5 IVs but with a useless IV in Attack and missing a more useful one). They seem to not be picking up the HP IV after dozens of eggs, and so I was wondering how important perfect HP is in the long run. I mean, their IV spread is apparently "outstanding", so the HP IV shouldn't be that low at least. Should I give it up, take my best as is and move on? How viable is a 4 IV Poke? Cuz I'm losing my patience at this rate...

So I've been vigorously breeding pokemon for my first, full-on competitive team (that is not for the tournament), and I've gotten about half my team with 5 perfect IVs so far, but my latest two only seem to be getting 3-4 useful IVs (some of them are 5 IVs but with a useless IV in Attack and missing a more useful one). They seem to not be picking up the HP IV after dozens of eggs, and so I was wondering how important perfect HP is in the long run. I mean, their IV spread is apparently "outstanding", so the HP IV shouldn't be that low at least. Should I give it up, take my best as is and move on? How viable is a 4 IV Poke? Cuz I'm losing my patience at this rate...

I'd say you'd be alright in moving on with the 4 IV 'mon. From what I know of, 31 IVs aren't that important unless it's speed or HP (really only important when concerning stuff like Substitute for getting like 4 substitutes or something). Having like, 6 or whatever, less Atk or HP or Sp. Def most likely will not be a game changer.

It can sometimes make a difference, though how often it does depends on just how low and in what stats your imperfect IVs are in.

If you haven't finished IV-breeding, you may want to play some practice matches with a simulated version of your planned team by using Pokemon Showdown or Pokemon Online. This can save you a lot of time breeding for perfect Pokemon since you'll likely find in your simulator matches that you'll want to instead use a Pokemon different from what you initially had in mind (for example, discovering that Aegislash makes a better fit for a certain team than does a Gengar you were about to breed for).

I'd say you'd be alright in moving on with the 4 IV 'mon. From what I know of, 31 IVs aren't that important unless it's speed or HP (really only important when concerning stuff like Substitute for getting like 4 substitutes or something). Having like, 6 or whatever, less Atk or HP or Sp. Def most likely will not be a game changer.

Hmm, I guess that's ok then. One of the pokemon in question is really only intended to be a wall and its method of attacking is fixed damage, so it doesn't need attack or sp. attack, and its got everything needed except perfect HP. Not using it for substitutes, so I guess I'll let this slide and invest some more EVs in HP (it just bugs me since I'm OCD and a perfectionist in getting the 4-5 IVs needed). The other Poke isn't a wall and kinda of a fragile speedster; he has the needed defensive IVs and isn't a substituter either, so perhaps he doesn't need perfect HP?

Oh well, if it turns out that I do need HP IVs, I suppose I can just go re-breed them when I'm in the mood for it...

It can sometimes make a difference, though how often it does depends on just how low and in what stats your imperfect IVs are in.

If you haven't finished IV-breeding, you may want to play some practice matches with a simulated version of your planned team by using Pokemon Showdown or Pokemon Online. This can save you a lot of time breeding for perfect Pokemon since you'll likely find in your simulator matches that you'll want to instead use a Pokemon different from what you initially had in mind (for example, discovering that Aegislash makes a better fit for a certain team than does a Gengar you were about to breed for).

That sounds like a good idea; considering this is my first team though, I'm raising and training my favorites first. I made a list of all of my favorite pokemon across the generations (some are OU, some are not) and picked the ones with the best type synergy and team support for one another. I want to see how well I perform with these first; even if they aren't the best, I just wanted to have a comprehensive IV bred/EV trained team with my favorite pokemon. I'll definitely use the Pokemon Showdown simulator though for future endeavors, so thanks!

So guys, I went to catch some Eevee to get Pokedex entries for Eeveelutions that I didn't have...

AND THEY'RE ALL FEMALE. I'm serious, I wasn't even trying this time! All three Eevee I found and caught were female! So I decided to name them all after fairies just as I did with my Sylveon.

Flareon: Flora (because of color and name similarities)

Vaporeon: Maryweather (again, color)

Jolteon: Tinkerbell (electrical devices are tinkered with a lot)

I might name the remaining Eeveelutions after fairies too, we'll see.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, I've decided which fairy names I'll give the other Eeveelutions when I get them.

Leafeon: Krysta (she's from Fern Gully and loves her forest)

Glaceon: Thumbelina (she becomes a fairy at the end of her movie and her dress is colored kind of like a Glaceon)

Umbreon: Cornelius (Thumbelina's lover and the fairy prince)

Espeon: Tabitha (Cornelius's mother and the fairy queen, random choice lol)

And just to clarify, Flora, Fauna, and Maryweather are the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty. The Disney one.

Edited by Anacybele

and people complain about GF's designs

Bisharp Y looks actually kinda cool, but the other one? What is even that?

Its a Knight/Centaur. I like it better than the Samurai one, since it fits the chess theme.