Quintessence

You can't get king's rock from the maison. The same goes for Iron Coat. :/

Yeah you can. I saw them in the prize list. And it's Metal Coat. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, farming is a must. Just get a pokemon with compound eyes ability leading and wild pokemon will have their item half the time, so no biggie. Just steal it with Thief.

Eh, the 48 BP items aren't really expensive to me; just one or two quick Maison runs should get you enough for it. If anyone needs any though, I have a stockpile of them that I can give for a good pokemon trade, along with any other Maison item other than Ability Capsules, since they're more or less useless.Totally not advertising at all, no sir...

So many mons in early game. Dno what my in game team will be hah

Not sure if you know or have already done this but be sure to download the Blazikenite Torchic off Wi-Fi sometime today, even if you don't plan on using it since its about to be gone.

So yeah, heads up to anyone who has not gotten it yet, Blazikenite Torchic with Speed Boost hidden ability will be gone after today and it will be the only way to get Blazikenite for a long while. Be sure to get it before its gone on any version you may have (it helps to have more to barter with since its limited availability after today.)

I did check. They're not there now, but as I said, perhaps those items are only available at a certain time of day. Or maybe even a certain day of the week. I wouldn't be surprised, GameFreak has done such things before. :P

I can't "farm" for any though. I don't have any Pokemon with Compound Eyes (that I know of) or a high-level Pokemon with Thief. Heck, I don't think I have the TM for that move (if it even still is a TM) either.

Edited by Anacybele

I can't "farm" for any though. I don't have any Pokemon with Compound Eyes (that I know of) or a high-level Pokemon with Thief. Heck, I don't think I have the TM for that move (if it even still is a TM) either.

Scatterbug sometimes has Compound Eyes and keeps it at Vivillion and they're fairly easy to get.

Thief is in Camphier in the house where you meet the dude who did the PC and you talk to a lady in the back of the house.

I personally run a Compound Eyes Vivillion with a Frisk Gothitelle with Thief so I can know if the pokemon is even worth thieving in the first place.

Okay, how will I know if a Scatterbug or any other eligible Pokemon has Compound Eyes? I think the Trace ability detects abilities, but I don't think I have a Pokemon with that one either. This is starting to get a bit frustrating. xP

For those who aren't aware, the Pokemon Global Link just released their first attraction. It costs 100 Poke Miles to play and requires that you have at least 20 medals, but the rewards include evolution items, both the Battle Maison ones and the wild Pokemon ones. You can also get the evolution stones as well as the EV berries.

Okay, how will I know if a Scatterbug or any other eligible Pokemon has Compound Eyes? I think the Trace ability detects abilities, but I don't think I have a Pokemon with that one either. This is starting to get a bit frustrating. xP

Butterfree always has Compound Eyes if it evolves from a Caterpie outside of Friend Safari. Go catch one, do two quick battles somewhere with Lv 25-ish Pokemon, and it'll evolve. Nincada also only have Compound Eyes as their regular ability, but they're rare on Route 6. Here's a list of the nine Pokemon with Compound Eyes.

you can always catch a couple and wonder trade away the rest, or just release them if you don't want to keep. It's not like money's a problem in this game: I have about 2 million I don't even know how to spend. This is especially nice if you live in a region with more uncommon vivillion patterns.

The move Entrainment also lets you see ability before it (temporarily, in battle) changes the opponent's ability to those of yours. Pancham learns it iirc, though I don't remember what level. Should be on serebii/bulba.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Butterfree always has Compound Eyes if it evolves from a Caterpie outside of Friend Safari. Go catch one, do two quick battles somewhere with Lv 25-ish Pokemon, and it'll evolve. Nincada also only have Compound Eyes as their regular ability, but they're rare on Route 6. Here's a list of the nine Pokemon with Compound Eyes.

Oh, okay, that can work. Caterpie is rarer in X than Y, but I can find one if I look long enough. :P

Just look for a caterpie or scatterbug with compoundeyes, you will probably get one within ten minutes.

edit: sorry just skimmed

Edited by Comet

Why are Razor Claw and Razor Fang so EXPENSIVE?

Because pain and agony are a type of fuel that can be farmed through the 3DS (that is then sent back to Nintendo headquarters).

Not sure if you know or have already done this but be sure to download the Blazikenite Torchic off Wi-Fi sometime today, even if you don't plan on using it since its about to be gone.

So yeah, heads up to anyone who has not gotten it yet, Blazikenite Torchic with Speed Boost hidden ability will be gone after today and it will be the only way to get Blazikenite for a long while. Be sure to get it before its gone on any version you may have (it helps to have more to barter with since its limited availability after today.)

< Is trying to farm Blazikenite.

Ugh so irritating. I won't be able to get the special Torchic due to lack of a hotspot here currently for my 3DS to connect to. Blaziken is my favorite Mon and I've never had one with speed boost yet.. damn it

Ugh so irritating. I won't be able to get the special Torchic due to lack of a hotspot here currently for my 3DS to connect to. Blaziken is my favorite Mon and I've never had one with speed boost yet.. damn it

If you want I can give you a decently IV'd Torchic with Speed Boost if you want. I think I have a few spares sitting around. Also could give it Blazikenite as well, since I'm trying to farm it.

I'd like to get more Blazikenite Torchic, but I can't start any new files until Pokébank goes online or if I can convince my brother-in-law to let me store a butt-ton of 'Mons on his copy. :<