Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...How's that 100% legit...?

It hardly sounds different from hacking a 'mon in...

Sorta like Instacheck...

Well, instancheck WAS legit haha

Good luck trying to get a good latios otherwise.

It's considered legit because there's no way to know it was RNG abused. All you have to do is set the change the date of your DS to a specific date, talk to the latios and you get it with perfect IVs. There was no contact between the DS and 3rd party software

Edited by Nobody

Well, instancheck WAS legit haha

Good luck trying to get a good latios otherwise.

It's considered legit because there's no way to know it was RNG abused. All you have to do is set the change the date of your DS to a specific date, talk to the latios and you get it with perfect IVs.

Isn't the same with hacking a Pokemon in, though?

I mean, make sure the OT name, Trainer ID, date of capture, level of capture (and so on and so forth) are identical to one you would've captured and it wouldn't be noticeable, right?

Also, I haven't played Black 2 yet, so...

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Also IDK about Anacybele's situation but I noticed that the normal battles in the Maison tend to be pretty easy: I got through it pretty quickly in an hour or so over the course of a bus ride. Focus Sash + Shell Smash + Skill Link Icicle Spear/Rock Blast Cloyster > everything. you might need some luck against Nita, but you can change your team before the battle with her, so just spam to the 19th battle and then counter-team her =/

Yeah, I keep forgetting that I can do that. I'm an idiot. >.>

So I started foraging for more berries to grow and I got my hands on a few I didn't have, so I'm planting away! I wish the blue berry trees could be found somewhere other than Route 17 though. I could've sworn I did see them somewhere else, but I guess not because Serebii says they're only on Route 17. >_>

I'm working on collecting every berry because I like collecting stuffs like that, so if anyone wants a berry, I'll be sure to have it. Eventually. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Isn't the same with hacking a Pokemon in, though?

I mean, make sure the OT name, Trainer ID, date of capture, level of capture (and so on and so forth) are identical to one you would've captured and it wouldn't be noticeable, right?

Also, I haven't played Black 2 yet, so...

Well, kinda. When hacking a pokemon, a 3rd party software interacts with your game. When you RNG abuse, it doesn't. Either way, I don't have any problem with hackers.

But I know you used to instancheck, so why not RNG abuse legendary pokemon in gen V?

This guide explains it pretty well:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_01_intro

Well, kinda. When hacking a pokemon, a 3rd party software interacts with your game. When you RNG abuse, it doesn't. Either way, I don't have any problem with hackers.

But I know you used to instancheck, so why not RNG abuse legendary pokemon in gen V?

This guide explains it pretty well:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_01_intro

Well, I don't have Black 2, like I said, so that's sort of a problem.

Which is why I was considering hacking for the competitive legendaries (Heatran, Cresselia, and Latios/Latias).

Of course, I could always buy the game, but that would require learning how to RNG abuse, then completing the game, something I don't really want to do at the moment because of my already long backlog of games to play.

It'd be best if I found someone who would give me a Latios, but that would be a bit difficult.

Well, I don't have Black 2, like I said, so that's sort of a problem.

Which is why I was considering hacking for the competitive legendaries (Heatran, Cresselia, and Latios/Latias).

Of course, I could always buy the game, but that would require learning how to RNG abuse, then completing the game, something I don't really want to do at the moment because of my already long backlog of games to play.

It'd be best if I found someone who would give me a Latios, but that would be a bit difficult.

Ah, i see. If I were in your situation I'd hack for one as well.

You could also do the same thing I did and try to get one in the GTS.

I got mine doing that:

My GTS trade chain went like this:

Rhypeor > Cobalion > uxie > azlef > latias > latias > latias (i was trying to get a latias with good IVs) > Latios (the one with great IVs)

Hearing about all these legendaries you get makes me feel even more boned over the fact I don't have B/W2 at all. That's what I get for being bored with the game when they came out.

I wouldn't trust the GTS to give me a fair deal on a Magikarp.

Edited by Shuuda

Ah, i see. If I were in your situation I'd hack for one as well.

You could also do the same thing I did and try to get one in the GTS.

Yeah, it's the most convenient way.

The only thing I don't like about it is the nagging feeling that I've "cheated" when I use such Pokemon online.

Hearing about all these legendaries you get makes me feel even more boned over the fact I don't have B/W2 at all. That's what I get for being bored with the game when they came out.

I wouldn't trust the GTS to give me a fair deal on a Magikarp.

I don't either. Well, not the retail copy, at least. Mostly because I was out of the country at the time of its release. D:

I've gotten lucky on the GTS a few times. It usually has outrageous deals, but it does have its uses.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. In slightly better news, I've managed to hatch nice little Lavitar.

Larvitar - #246 (Modest)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 29
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Some luck in my breeding adventures today. I do have a female one with similar IVs, but that only has 11 in Def, if anyone wants it.

Edited by Shuuda

Wow, that's almost perfect. o_O

Something weird just happened to me though. Bred Pokemon are supposed to get the same Pokeballs as one of their parents, right? Well, for some reason, the Dratini egg I just got has a regular Pokeball while my Dragonite is in a Great Ball and the Ditto I used with it is in a Quick Ball. Did I do something wrong? Or do bred eggs actually subtract balls from your bag?

EDIT: Actually, scratch the subtracting thing, because I have both Quick Balls and Great Balls.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, that's almost perfect. o_O

Something weird just happened to me though. Bred Pokemon are supposed to get the same Pokeballs as one of their parents, right? Well, for some reason, the Dratini egg I just got has a regular Pokeball while my Dragonite is in a Great Ball and the Ditto I used with it is in a Quick Ball. Did I do something wrong? Or do bred eggs actually subtract balls from your bag?

EDIT: Actually, scratch the subtracting thing, because I have both Quick Balls and Great Balls.

A pokemon will only inherit the mother's Pokeball, and only when it's not breeding with Ditto

A pokemon will only inherit the mother's Pokeball, and only when it's not breeding with Ditto

Except my Deino egg inherited a Dusk Ball from my Hydreigon, who also bred with a Ditto. :/

It may be that my Hydreigon is female, making it the mother. xP I can check.

...Yeah, my Hydreigon is a girl while my Dragonite is male. That would explain it. Pokemon bred with Ditto will only pass their ball down if they're female.

I just posted that. :P

I never did pay much attention to the genders, I just wanted to finish filling up my dex. But after these eggs hatch, all I'll need to have seen every Pokemon in the Kalos dexes is to trade for Articuno, Moltres, and Yveltal. Tradebacks, of course. Unless someone wants to give theirs up. lol Which I doubt. :P

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. In slightly better news, I've managed to hatch nice little Lavitar.

Larvitar - #246 (Modest)

HP: 31

Att: 31

Def: 29

SpA: 31

SpD: 31

Speed: 31

Some luck in my breeding adventures today. I do have a female one with similar IVs, but that only has 11 in Def, if anyone wants it.

How do you guys know exactly if a pokemon has 31 IVs and not 30 IVs? Because when I check IVs I always get [30, 31] unless it says: "Takes plenty of siestas", "Likes to trash about", "Capable of taking hits", "Mischievous", "Somewhat vain" or "Alert to sounds".

You don't technically need the birds to complete the dex. The professor will give you the oval charm even if you haven't caught them.

How do you guys know exactly if a pokemon has 31 IVs and not 30 IVs? Because when I check IVs I always get [30, 31] unless it says: "Takes plenty of siestas", "Likes to trash about", "Capable of taking hits", "Mischievous", "Somewhat vain" or "Alert to sounds".

The judge will say the 31 and 0 IVs, IIRC

I'm doing some team planning, if anyone could take some time to let me know if there are any obvious weaknesses I'm leaving to be exploited, I'd really appreciate it

Alakazam (Alakazite)

Inner Focus, Modest

Psychic

Energy Ball

Dazzling Gleam

Focus Blast

EVs in SpAtk and Spd

Garchomp (Life Orb/Choice Scarf)

Sand Veil, Jolly

Earthquake

Iron Head

Outrage

Stone Edge

EVs in Atk and Spd

Clefable (Leftovers)

Unaware, Bold/Calm

Cosmic Power

Stored Power

Thunder Wave

Moonlight

EVs in Def and SpDef

Tentacruel (Black Sludge)

???, Calm

Rapid Spin

Scald

Ice Beam

Toxic

EVs in HP and SpDef

Skarmory (Rocky Helmet)

Sturdy, -SpAtk +Def nature

Roost

Brave Bird

Stealth Rock

Whirlwind

EVs in HP and Def

Trevenant (Sitrus Berry)

Harvest, Impish

Horn Leech

Leech Seed

Will 'o Wisp

Destiny Bond

EVs in HP and Def

Main problem that I see is no offensive core, and unreliable/limited recovery on the walls

Edit: also I'm looking apt to be decimated by Ghosts, considering a dark type, maybe Mandibuzz in exchange for Skarmory

Edited by Spiky

If the IV judge in Kiloude ends his evaluation with "stat like those can't be beat", then I think that means the stats he lists are 31.