More news on Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (or is it "For the Sequel"...?)

Fruity Insanity

Reeeeaaaddd iiiiiiitttttt.

• New Story events flesh out characters that lacked screentime
  • Battles are 4 times as fast due to auto-battle and memorized battle inputs/strategies
  • You can set encounter rate to 0. You can also increase it if you want to farm in a specific area.
  • In this version as opposed to an average of 70 hours you can complete this game at a minimum of 30 hours.
  • Out of 100 improvements only 80 were implemented.
  • Asano wants to release a product relating to Bravely Default every year.
  • Story has slight alterations to align with the actual Sequel
  • Sequel will take place in Luxendarc(that’s the landmass BDFF takes place in)
  • New Promo trailer for “For The Sequel” at TGS
  • Revo will have a new song composed for “For The Sequel”. Will premiere at TGS.

To anybody who doesn't know, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is an RPG coming out in 2014. The one we're (NA and EU) are getting is the version based off of "For the Sequel," an "expansion pack" of sorts that Japan is getting for the original game, featuring multiple languages for texts, and Japanese & English voices. And improved gameplay. And more.

Edited by Fruit Ninja

Oh wow. That's reallyyy neat! It's pretty cool when localized versions are automatically made to take on the updated versions like this. And a song by Revo too! xD

I guess the other bulleted points were more important but Revo...

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Wow, I wasn't really aware of all the changes going into the updated version of Bravely Default. But this is all pretty cool stuff...though that bit about the game taking a minimum of 30 hours to complete seems a bit iffy to me. Still, though, any news is good news. Glad to see the rest of the world is getting these updates as well.

• 2 weeks later...

It feels like I've been waiting forever for this game! I didn't even know they were "remixing" it in Japan. Good to know it's still planned to come to the West. Those damn graphics never cease to impress me... The English voice acting seems pretty good too.

This game looks very similar to the DS remake of Final Fantasy III, and the only real problem with that game was a ton of level grinding.

If we get the "For the Sequel" version of this for the same reduced price, I'll probably pick it up.

European fans, rejoice?

Because you guys are getting BD:FF this year.

I dunno, I have a backlog of games to work through, so I don't mind much. And EO: Untold, Pokemon X/Y, and Ace Attorney should keep me occupied 'til then.

And Layton, and probably Layton VS Ace Attorney...

But we only got EO:IV last month, and Devil Survivor Overclocked last Spring, so all in all, it's even things out.

• 3 weeks later...

This game looks very similar to the DS remake of Final Fantasy III, and the only real problem with that game was a ton of level grinding.

If we get the "For the Sequel" version of this for the same reduced price, I'll probably pick it up.

it's 50/50 either way.

and agreed, it looks extremely similar to FFIII DS...i loved that game though, so hopefully it is like that but better/improved upon in as many ways as possible.