After playing Awakening, I can no longer play any of the previous Fire Emblems.

IceBrand

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that a bad thing? Better than everyone endless gushing over a particular game.

I dunno, I don't mind it when everybody agrees with me and we all fangirl at each other forever.

:?

If Pair up and marriage is removed, I won't,....... give a fuck.

I'm a fan of FE, if it has the FE gameplay I know and love (raising units, tactical game), I will like it.

My feelings exactly. I don't get why people who clearly hate FE13 insist on posting here when they could used that time on a thread about a game they actually like. Honestly, that kind of attitude is what made me reluctant to join these boards for such a long time.

But hey, I see those people as a mere vocal minority and not something to get worked up over, let alone something that would prevent anyone to enjoy the game. It's just like everytime a new Zelda comes out, you always hear people complain and talk about how the previous one was so much better...when some of them likely bashed the hell out of said previous game when it was just released.

You must be new to the internet.

Edited by 1% critted

I have no trouble playing Judgral and the GBA ones as long as it's on emulator also DS is fine anywhere

reason: Turbo key/Skip EP exists

I can't bring myself to replay the tellius games though because no turbo and no skip enemy phase are you kidding me game do you expect me to sit through like 40 enemies moving while I go make myself some tea no fucking thank you

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I haven't been able to really stop playing it since it came out, and after playing it and going back to some of the older games, those just made me realize how easy most of them all are when compared to Awakening, especially the GBA games. The Dual Support system is probably the best mechanic added to FE in ages. Hopefully they keep it inplace of the old support systems.

I have no trouble playing Judgral and the GBA ones as long as it's on emulator also DS is fine anywhere

reason: Turbo key

I can't bring myself to replay the tellius games though because no turbo and no skip enemy phase are you kidding me game do you expect me to sit through like 40 enemies moving while I go make myself some tea no fucking thank you

I sometimes do homework and chores while playing RD and PoR.

Still slow as hell EP.

If there's anything the series needs to keep forever and never get rid of, it's skip enemy phase. Whoever decided to implement that back in SD is a genius, and I really like FE:A 's where you get a lot of control over exactly what you want to skip over

It's nice

It's just like everytime a new Zelda comes out, you always hear people complain and talk about how the previous one was so much better...when some of them likely bashed the hell out of said previous game when it was just released.

Funny story, when FERD came out everyone said it was the best FE ever hands down all pretenders go home, now it's generally considered okay at best and in general worse than PoR

I think the marriage system will probably stay, but there probably won't be children. Maybe not a marriage as in a proposal scene, but an S class for all units that can be together for their ending. I prefer this so it's easier to get all the supports. I can't see them removing pair ups. Just fixing the difficulty and stats of enemy is necessary. Or maybe just have the later units able to pair up, but not all of them. That might not even be necessary. They could probably just create a better hard mode that's different noticeable from normal.

I went back to FE7 and FE8 after playing FE13, and there was a definite shift that made it harder. Just not being able to skip turns makes it more frustrating. And the tiered support system makes getting supports easier. I found FE11 to be very hard to play because as a remake, it's missing some of the features from FE7 through 10.

The pair up sysytem made things too easy if your not on Lunatic or higher, but is a god-send and almost necessary for Lunatic +. It was a good addition but depending on pair ups and supports rankings, things just could get out of control. Then again, I guess the fact that it can get so broken is a reward for working with the game mechanics. In previous FE games, you would be punished for unit mistakes, but could recover somewhat with the rescue command (made gringing Florina worth it in HHM for FE:7, atleast for me.) Now with dual attack and dual guard, Solo units are hard pressed to do anything to you (minus Streetpass Lethality units. Thank god for dual guard and Miricle then).

Overall it makes a new dynamic that can make returning to previous FE game mechanics a bit of a rough transition, especially if your going backwards like I am. Geneoligy of the Holy War, go burn in a firey pit.

I can see how FE4 would be nearly impossible to get into for a new fan since even those familiar with the series have a hard time with, as did I.

Hard does not mean not enjoyable. Quite the opposite. I'm one of those people who enjoy getting their butts handed to them playing a game because it means you have a challenge. That's why even without any prior FE knowledge I started Lunatic Clasic mode (Lunatic + is rigged, forget that). Granted FE:4 chapters means up to 4 hours a chapter for me (they're so BIG), it makes me have to rethink everything everytime I fail. Call me crazy...call me a Lunatic. I enjoy it.

I can see how FE4 would be nearly impossible to get into for a new fan since even those familiar with the series have a hard time with, as did I.

what

FE4 is a fucking cakewalk even with next to no knowledge

Gen 1 "use sigurd and quan for everything"

Gen 2 "use seliph shanan lief julia ares for everything"

And if you have the teeniest bit of knowledge about pairing, you can slap holsety on arthur or sety for another megagod

what

And if you have the teeniest bit of knowledge about pairing, you can slap holsety on arthur or sety for another megagod

I think he means the game feels far to clunky and slow paced rather than actually being hard. (Fe4's Chapters 2 and 4 can go die in a fire)

Edited by Kamina

Sigurd sure but Quan left at the begining of chapter 4. Seemed like a waste of exp and grinding for an already promoted unit, in which I've been told not to train pre-promotes cause they act as an exp sponge and gimp you in the long run.

Sigurd sure but Quan left at the begining of chapter 4. Seemed like a waste of exp and grinding for an already promoted unit, in which I've been told not to train pre-promotes cause they act as an exp sponge and gimp you in the long run.

whoever told you that just made the game harder for you. Prepromotes are often the most useful and easily-used units in the game. Percival, Seth, Pent, Harken, Titania, Sedgar, etc

Sigurd can solo Gen 1 fairly easily. If you're just using him and Quan he won't be strapped for exp anyway. Plus if you really need help you can slap Holsety Lewyn into the mix for added chucklehyucks

what

I'm talking purely in terms gow vastly diiferent the mechanics are. I certainly did not enjoy my first playthrough of it and some features are astill stupid as hell, such as having to sell and rebuy weapons just to trade them.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

We know. You've already said that at least once. :P

I think that was the third time he stated such this week.

You know what is awesome? Crit/skill cut-ins. I like that shit. I wish those were in other games.