Second Playthrough Pairings

Blitzzurger96

ChromxOlivia is way better than ChromxMaribelle. FeMUxStahl wastes the best non-avatar father in the game. Other than that, try to follow this:

Lucina: Olivia, Sumia.

Owain: Ricken, Henry, Libra.

Inigo: Chrom, Stahl, Frederick.

Brady: Gregor, Lon'qu, Henry.

Kjelle: Donnel, Gaius, Vaike.

Cynthia: Henry if not Chrom.

Severa: Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu.

Gerome: Frederick, Stahl, Gregor.

Yarne: Stahl, Gregor, Virion.

Laurent: Gregor, Lon'qu, Ricken.

Noire: Gaius, Donnel.

Nah: Gaius, Vaike, Donnel.

Galeforce children take priority over non-galeforce children, and Noire needs GF more than Kjelle, who needs it more than Nah.

Well I'm changing my mind on ChromxOlivia and changed it to ChromxMaribelle. But @ erker, I'll take some of those thanks.

>ChromxMaribelle

>ChromxMaribelle

That's worse than Olivia and Sumia.

dafuq are you thinking boy

Maribelle's face going bright red in the S support makes up for Lucina being gimped

Mind if I disagree?

Lucina actually doesn't get "gimped" by this pairing, in fact she becomes an excellent hybrid fighter and a damned good supporting unit (of course, I actually switch out the back and front units often, so the "supporting" unit always gets to see some action). The reason this isn't considering a good pairing is because it gimps Brady, not Lucina.

Mind if I disagree?

Lucina actually doesn't get "gimped" by this pairing, in fact she becomes an excellent hybrid fighter and a damned good supporting unit (of course, I actually switch out the back and front units often, so the "supporting" unit always gets to see some action). The reason this isn't considering a good pairing is because it gimps Brady, not Lucina.

Yeah, doesnt' Brady have little use for Rightful King? (only moves I can think of that benefit are Luna and Aegis)

Mind if I disagree?

Huh. My bad. I was thinking purely from her being a Great Lord. For some reason her reclassing options completely passed me

Don't listen to me I'm stupid

Huh. My bad. I was thinking purely from her being a Great Lord. For some reason her reclassing options completely passed me

Don't listen to me I'm stupid

Ah... well, don't be discourage by it, it's alright. :)

GaiusxTharja. For some reason I always love having Noire with lethality.

Replying slightly less to this, but what about getting Noire with Pass? Archer who's able to slip past enemy lines and, more importantly, not get boxed in? Priceless.

Replying slightly less to this, but what about getting Noire with Pass? Archer who's able to slip past enemy lines and, more importantly, not get boxed in? Priceless.

Meh. The Assassin skills aren't worth it, tbh.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Archer with Pass is alright [Good for Duoing Skirmish for quick levels], but if you're using them right, they don't boxed in anyways.

What Archers need is Activations. This is why Chrom is a great sniper and Virion is terrible.

Edited by Airship Canon

Brady cannot get gimped so Chrom x Maribelle is fine.

Relative to some of his other father options, yes he can. He cannot turn out bad, but that's a different argument.

I mean, Virion is a better than Chrom for heaven's sake.

Relative to some of his other father options, yes he can. He cannot turn out bad, but that's a different argument.

I mean, Virion is a better than Chrom for heaven's sake.

True, but if you really want Valkyrie Lucina, then sacrificing a little bit of Brady's mods and versatility could be worth it.

True, but if you really want Valkyrie Lucina, then sacrificing a little bit of Brady's mods and versatility could be worth it.

Sage!Maribelle!Lucina with Dual Strike+ is another damn good reason to do Chrom/Maribelle. Just saying.

Anyways, for pairings, well, here's a template.

Gaius!Noire

Donnel!Kjelle

I'd say should be standard. Following that, next priority should be...

Galeforce!Lucina

Vengeance/Luna!Owain

Vengeance/Luna!Inigo

Vantage/Luna!Severa

Vantage!Laurent

And for low-priority units...

(always good)

Anyone!Brady

Anyone!Cynthia

(always meh)

Faire!Gerome

Whocares!Yarne (Maybe aim for Dual Guard+ or Bowfaire if you care enough. I usually do Frederick.)

Pavise!Nah

I'd also suggest Sage!Stahl!Nah/Gerome if Stahl weren't already taken.

Edited by Canto