Sorin

(And from the wiki:

Dark Magic is referred to as "elder magic" by some involved in its use. These practitioners prefer to call it '"elder magic", because they believe the word "dark" suggests that it is evil. These users like to remind the world that it is the wielder, not the magic itself, that is typically the source of evil. In fact, In Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones,Knoll points out that dark magic's power comes from knowledge, not the desire to harm others. On the other hand, in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, it is stated by Canas that Dark Magic comes from darkness and that one must invite the darkness into oneself to use it; he also states that one must not allow the darkness full control. The heroBramimond, however, allowed darkness full control over himself to obtain the power of The Silencing Darkness,Apocalypse, which made him devoid of personality while instead mimicking the personality of others speaking to him. Canas also has three brothers who met a similar fate. While Dark Magic as a whole is not evil, some specific tomes do have negative effects; for instance, in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, the dark magic tome ofLoptyr is pure evil, as it transfers the will of its namesake to overcome and control its wielder.)

(Anyway, going to class.)

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

(And from the wiki:

Dark Magic is referred to as "elder magic" by some involved in its use. These practitioners prefer to call it '"elder magic", because they believe the word "dark" suggests that it is evil. These users like to remind the world that it is the wielder, not the magic itself, that is typically the source of evil. In fact, In Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones,Knoll points out that dark magic's power comes from knowledge, not the desire to harm others. On the other hand, in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, it is stated by Canas that Dark Magic comes from darkness and that one must invite the darkness into oneself to use it; he also states that one must not allow the darkness full control. The heroBramimond, however, allowed darkness full control over himself to obtain the power of The Silencing Darkness,Apocalypse, which made him devoid of personality while instead mimicking the personality of others speaking to him. Canas also has three brothers who met a similar fate. While Dark Magic as a whole is not evil, some specific tomes do have negative effects; for instance, in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, the dark magic tome ofLoptyr is pure evil, as it transfers the will of its namesake to overcome and control its wielder.)

(Anyway, going to class.)

Mhm. All that is what I meant.

Gulasca: ...Damn it all. Why do you people get up this early..

Alicia: *entering* "My mother used to get up at the first light of dawn. I seemed to have picked up her habit, though that's when I don't oversleep."

"Oh my. Well, I don't want him inquiring any further."

----

CANAS: ...Ahh, anima magic is quite wondrous... Its polished magic system and refined theory are quite elegant...

NINO: Oh yeah?

CANAS: My wife and I are magic users like yourself. When I look at one of my wife's tomes, it truly lightens my heart... Anima is the magic of nature... This communion with the spirit of all things unleashes the heart. This magic makes us feel free... The elder magic that I use requires great strength to master its forces.

NINO: Yeah, I think I understand... Sometimes, you look a little scary when you use magic...

Canas: Oh, no! They are alive! But...barely. They merely subsist...As you know, elder magic is based on the forces of darkness...It is even more powerful than nature magic, which is often called anima. But to use this magic, you must invite the dark forces within you. The temptation to submit to the darkness is...great. ...Unfortunately, the darkness took my brothers...They live...and breathe...their eyes open and close...But...they do not move. And they do not speak.

Here's what I could find from his supports.

Ace: "Yeah, Poly isn't supposed to know."

"Lusting meanie? Heh. This 'Klotho' isn't far off the mark! Well, he definitely does the lust part well... The meanie part is a matter of opinion." Nathaniel walked towards the others, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

Alicia: "First 'Lusting Emperor' and now 'Lusting Meanie'. She does come up with the strangest nicknames for people." *notices Nathaniel* "Good morning Nathaniel."

Edited by Ace Tactician

Alicia: *entering* "My mother used to get up at the first light of dawn. I seemed to have picked up her habit, though that's when I don't oversleep."

Alicia: "First 'Lusting Emperor' and now 'Lusting Meanie'. She does come up with the strangest nicknames for people." *notices Nathaniel* "Good morning Nathaniel."

Gulasca: All children grow out of their immaturity.. It just depends on time. And now I need to look for the man I met yesterday...

(IMPLACATION)

"Jeez, I haven't even met this girl yet... I wonder what nickname I will be given? Probably Wizard..."

"Jeez, I haven't even met this girl yet... I wonder what nickname I will be given? Probably Wizard..."

"I wouldn't assume anything with her." *sighs* "Not one bit."

Alicia: "Perhaps, her nickname for me is 'Empress' and Ace's is 'Chaos'. If her nickname history is anything to go off of, she may nickname you 'Wizard'. Although I do expect something on the strange side."

WAIT A SECOND.

I gave Silvia the Lifetaker skill.

[/cue the cackling]

Oh dear. XD

In thinking on the walk over, perhaps the hate and bad memories is the 'untrained' view of dark magic and opens you up for corruption and/or consumption by the spell? I mean; is Nathaniel trained?

Edited by Kat

*frowns* "Where's Silvia? Please tell me no one left her alone. She's been incredibly despondent lately."

Ace: "I'd check her room first. I didn't see her when I woke up today."

Gulasca*proceeds to walk away from the conversation.* If you find any suspicious priests tell me alright guys?

Alicia: "A priest? I'll let you know if I do run into any suspicious priests."

Ace: "I'd check her room first. I didn't see her when I woke up today."

Alicia: "A priest? I'll let you know if I do run into any suspicious priests."

Gulasca: He looks like he's ancient but not ancient. Talks like he's not from here too.

(Light is still here. If anybody wants to find him.)

Oh dear. XD

In thinking on the walk over, perhaps the hate and bad memories is the 'untrained' view of dark magic and opens you up for corruption and/or consumption by the spell? I mean; is Nathaniel trained?

Hmm... that's an excellent question.

Vash can I chortle? Because I find that more pleasing.

Yes, please do. :3

Gulasca: He looks like he's ancient but not ancient. Talks like he's not from here too.

(Light is still here. If anybody wants to find him.)

Alicia: "Looks ancient, but really isn't. Sounds like an interesting fellow, this priest."

Hmm... that's an excellent question.

(Luckily, Kat knows the theory behind all the weapons. Yay for immortals. I think at this point, she's going to be rallier, advisor, and teacher.)

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her that you have to have something in your past that you regret, or something that filled you with rage- the worst day of your life, so to speak- To truly master dark magic. Maybe she was getting sad thinking about that?"

"I told her that you have to have something in your past that you regret, or something that filled you with rage- the worst day of your life, so to speak- To truly master dark magic. Maybe she was getting sad thinking about that?"

​"…Are you an idiot? That's not the way to master it at all. Dark magic is found through truth. Truth of yourself and truth of the world around you. Going at it with hatred and misery is a one-way ticket to being consumed like Gharnef and Julius."

(Okay, Imhullu typically isn't classified, but most people seem to consider it dark magic.)

​"Are you an idiot? That's not the way to master it at all. Dark magic is found through truth. Truth of yourself and truth of the world around you. Going at it with hatred and misery is a one-way ticket to being consumed like Gharnef and Julius."

(Okay, Imhullu typically isn't classified, but most people seem to consider it dark magic.)

(True. I count it as Dark Magic. And Lyon as well.) Edited by shadowfrost zenbiniar