Sorin

"Oh, okay."

"Try using about half of what you just used, Ms.Silvia."

Angie: Using magic like that can cost your life. Tomes drain not only magic but life as well.

She nodded at Nathaniel's suggestion, cutting off the flow again to only two - she had ended up using five last time - and trying to summon it again. It resisted a bit, its reluctance clear, but it was still controllable, tangible enough to be used. "That's significantly weaker..." she mumbled, examining the glass-like pillars of energy and watching them waver.

She couldn't help it, she flinched again at Angie's words. "... N-Not all tomes. Only if you expend too much energy on casting them, or... use alternative methods to cast the spells."

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

She nodded at Nathaniel's suggestion, cutting off the flow again to only two - she had ended up using five last time - and trying to summon it again. It resisted a bit, its reluctance clear, but it was still controllable, tangible enough to be used. "That's significantly weaker..." she mumbled, examining the glass-like pillars of energy and watching them waver.

She couldn't help it, she flinched again at Angie's words. "... N-Not all tomes. Only if you expend too much energy on casting them, or... use alternative methods to cast the spells."

"Isn't it better for it to be weaker and in control? If it were stronger and out of control, then you could kill allies, right?"

"Isn't it better for it to be weaker and in control? If it were stronger and out of control, then you could kill allies, right?"

"... Or the enemy," Silvia countered, holding the magic in her palm for a little while longer before throwing it at the crate, watching it shred into it as well. "But... yeah. That's a risk."

"Two-thirds or three-quarters?" Nathaniel suggested.

"Closer to two-thirds the strength, I'd assume."

"... Or the enemy," Silvia countered, holding the magic in her palm for a little while longer before throwing it at the crate, watching it shred into it as well. "But... yeah. That's a risk."

"But is that a risk worth taking? If we lose even one, that's a big loss for morale and strength, right?"

"Hello guys..."

"Ello!"

"Hi, Breezy." Nathaniel nodded. "Would you mind telling me a bit about what we're-" Nathaniel came a little closer and whispered. "-What we'll be doing in Valm? I don't wanna run in with no knowledge..." Edited by Wizard

Angie: From Fire to even Excalibur, putting too much magic can end a mages life. I don't want to scare you of course... Remember that.

"Hi, Breezy." Nathaniel nodded. "Would you mind telling me a bit about what we're-" Nathaniel came a little closer a whispered. "-What we'll be doing in Valm? I don't wanna run in with no knowledge..."

"We're going on a trip to my home...

To find answers..."

"But is that a risk worth taking? If we lose even one, that's a big loss for morale and strength, right?"

"Ello!"

Angie: From Fire to even Excalibur, putting too much magic can end a mages life. I don't want to scare you of course... Remember that.

"Yes, it will be. But there's a way to take such risks while containing the damage... hopefully it never comes to that."

Silvia found herself shuddering regardless. "That doesn't soothe me at all, really."

"Yes, it will be. But there's a way to take such risks while containing the damage... hopefully it never comes to that."

Silvia found herself shuddering regardless. "That doesn't soothe me at all, really."

"...Miss Silvia? Is that you?"

Grima is upsetting me dammit

Entering the training area where the others have gathered he quietly observed the events that were unfolding. Kat had claimed she was a bit tired and wanted to go to sleep, so Dusk had carried her all the way to her room. Bored that he had nobody to talk to, he decided to watch the others in the training area

"Oh...Sorry. Do you need an example?"

"...Miss Silvia? Is that you?"

"Hello, Samson, haven't seen you in a while."

Grima is upsetting me dammit

Entering the training area where the others have gathered he quietly observed the events that were unfolding. Kat had claimed she was a bit tired and wanted to go to sleep, so Dusk had carried her all the way to her room. Bored that he had nobody to talk to, he decided to watch the others in the training area

He is? :o

"Oh...Sorry. Do you need an example?"

She mulled it over for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, actually. That would be great."

Yuffie walks out into the training yard.

"Good afternoon everyone! It's good to see that someone other than Glaedyr and Nathaniel is training out here for once! It seems like those two spend more time out here together than the rest of the army does combined!"

Hi everyone ^.^

Glaedyr wandered outside, but did not head towards the voices she could hear coming from the training area. She had already had some food, and now she had a mission. A very important mission. She found a sufficiently sized open space, and promptly plonked herself down on the floor. She then started gathering the snow around her, and began shaping it into two large balls, one being somewhat bigger than the other. She also appeared to be armed with a carrot and a top hat, both of which she carefully placed beside her on the ground as she worked with the snow. Glaedyr liked Ferox. It felt like home. Although she had lived longer in Ylisse, Ferox had always suited her better: the cool air, the snow, she just liked it more. And now she was simply enjoying the last of her time there before they moved on to Valm.

"Good afternoon everyone! It's good to see that someone other than Glaedyr and Nathaniel is training out here for once! It seems like those two spend more time out here together than the rest of the army does combined!"

"Not you too..." Nathaniel gave a mock sigh.

Yuffie knows.

Silvia smirked at Yuffie's voice, spinning around to face him with a grin. "Haven't you heard? Some of us are now extremely reclusive and prefer to train in secluded areas."

"What do you prefer? Fire or Lighting?"

"Lightning."