Sorin

"Like I said, Kat, who do I have to kill?" Silvia replied, kneading the tips of her fingers into the right side of her neck. "And, yes, I'm alive. Why wouldn't I be?"

*tries but the sniffling gets in the way* "I'm pathetic…" *thinks of something and reaches for the notes* "Oh, Silvia, I think I found-" *hiccups* "…The problems in the-" *hiccups* "…notes here."

"You're not pathetic, Kat..." Looking her in the eye, he smiled at her. "I love you, and you're not pathetic" Hearing Silvia's question, he gave her a dumbfounded look. "Err... Because you stabbed yourself in the throat? Phoibus must have some crazy magic under his sleeve in order to ssave you from that"

Edited by DodgeDusk

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

*tries but the sniffling gets in the way* "I'm pathetic…" *thinks of something and reaches for the notes* "Oh, Silvia, I think I found-" *hiccups* "…The problems in the-" *hiccups* "…notes here."

"W-well, P-poly started it with being -hic- mean and the Nathaniel just -hic- does THIS -hic-" *gestures at the knitting Nathaniel did* "So, I got -hic- upset and -hic- Silvia, why do you have -hic- a scar on your neck -hic- and two runes -hic- on your chest?"

"Normally taking a drink of water will stop hiccups...

At least that's what I've heard..."

"You're not pathetic, Kat..." Looking her in the eye, he smiled at her. "I love you, and you're not pathetic" Hearing Silvia's question, he gave her a dumbfounded look. "Err... Because you stabbed yourself in the throat? Phoibus must have some crazy magic under his sleeve in order to ssave you from that"

"White Magic -hic- has fewer limitations than -hic- staves. It still has limits -hic- though. Wound like that, he had -hic- to be right there to -hic- fix her."

"Normally taking a drink of water will stop hiccups...

At least that's what I've heard..."

"C-can you -hic- get me some?"

"White Magic -hic- has fewer limitations than -hic- staves. It still has limits -hic- though. Wound like that, he had -hic- to be right there to -hic- fix her."

"C-can you -hic- get me some?"

"Sure thing..."

"I'm surprised he did, with what he was proclaiming that night"

"Sure thing..."

"Thanks…"

"I'm surprised he did, with what he was proclaiming that night"

"Phoibus -hic- was looking -hic- for… a wa-hic." *annoyed now* "A way out."

Nathaniel returned to his room, and began writing the chapter about how he felt about Glaedyr, and his thoughts about his past for his auto-biography.

(Yes, this will be a character development, buddies)

"He was! -hic- That's why he just -hic- bound her! And… and -hic- then Dan really hurt -hic- him and… and…!" *crying again*

"I saw the thrashing Dan gave to him..." He tries to wipe some more of the tears away. "I don't know Phoibus that well, not sure if I want to, to be honest, but Dan REALLY shouldn't have slashed at him... Do you want me to speak to him, bring him here or neither? That kid is REALLY testing my patience..."

"W-well, P-poly started it with being -hic- mean and the Nathaniel just -hic- does THIS -hic-" *gestures at the knitting Nathaniel did* "So, I got -hic- upset and -hic- Silvia, why do you have -hic- a scar on your neck -hic- and two runes -hic- on your chest?"

Silvia flinched at Kat's words, sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose with her fingers - a habit she picked up from Dusk. "Oh damn... how badly did I blow it?" she muttered, forcing out a laugh to make it sound like she wasn't a bit... daunted by the possibilities. It could be something minor, it could be something MAJOR. She didn't want to hear it, but she had to.

"So... you're crying over... knitting? And Poly being himself...?" Silvia asked, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly. "That's... wait, what scar? What... runes? What the h..." Silvia glanced down at her chest, just barely seeing the outline of something along her chest. She pulled at the collar of her dress slightly, staring at it as the second dragged themselves by her, before her gaze snapped back up to Dusk. "Stabbed myself... Dusk, I am NOT my brother," she said, taking a step back, shaking her head repeatedly. "I would not EVER be so... stupid... as to..." The realization dawned, washed over her like a tidal wave.

It wasn't a dream.

It hadn't been a dream.

She could have just pulled herself together. Straightened up, and acted like a general. The excuse was on the tip of her tongue - amnesia, Dusk, it skewers my memory, I'm sorry - but this time... for the first time, an excuse like that just felt... wrong. So wrong.

"... Oh gods. I AM... really that stupid..."

Silvia flinched at Kat's words, sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose with her fingers - a habit she picked up from Dusk. "Oh damn... how badly did I blow it?" she muttered, forcing out a laugh to make it sound like she wasn't a bit... daunted by the possibilities. It could be something minor, it could be something MAJOR. She didn't want to hear it, but she had to.

"So... you're crying over... knitting? And Poly being himself...?" Silvia asked, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly. "That's... wait, what scar? What... runes? What the h..." Silvia glanced down at her chest, just barely seeing the outline of something along her chest. She pulled at the collar of her dress slightly, staring at it as the second dragged themselves by her, before her gaze snapped back up to Dusk. "Stabbed myself... Dusk, I am NOT my brother," she said, taking a step back, shaking her head repeatedly. "I would not EVER be so... stupid... as to..." The realization dawned, washed over her like a tidal wave.

It wasn't a dream.

It hadn't been a dream.

She could have just pulled herself together. Straightened up, and acted like a general. The excuse was on the tip of her tongue - amnesia, Dusk, it skewers my memory, I'm sorry - but this time... for the first time, an excuse like that just felt... wrong. So wrong.

"Do you not remember the events of yesterday? You antagonised Klotho, you and Phoibus conversed about you slowly turning into Grima, which, by the way, is absolutely bollocks. You could NEVER be as tainted as that... Thing... You stabbed yourself in the throat, proclaiming that all the friendships you made in your life were fake... That crushed me the most. Am I not your friend, Silvia?"

"I saw the thrashing Dan gave to him..." He tries to wipe some more of the tears away. "I don't know Phoibus that well, not sure if I want to, to be honest, but Dan REALLY shouldn't have slashed at him... Do you want me to speak to him, bring him here or neither? That kid is REALLY testing my patience..."

​"…You.. you t-talk to… -hic-"

It wasn't a dream.

It hadn't been a dream.

​"Not… not stupid. -hic- Scared. And it wasn't th-that -hic- bad." *tries to rub her eyes and picks up the notes.* "One was a -hic- clerical error. See -hic- you made the dash for the rune of -hic- power too high. So you had -hic- unknown runes and runes for -hic- exhaustion instead. -hic- Also… *flips to another page and traces out a shape* "You had -hic- the markings of -hic- Grima in there. Probably because it was in the tome. -hic- I'm really getting sick of these -hic- hiccups. But you don't need these -hic- markings for the spell to work. This is just -hic- to give Grima power while -hic- deceased."

"Do you not remember the events of yesterday? You antagonised Klotho, you and Phoibus conversed about you slowly turning into Grima, which, by the way, is absolutely bollocks. You could NEVER be as tainted as that... Thing... You stabbed yourself in the throat, proclaiming that all the friendships you made in your life were fake... That crushed me the most. Am I not your friend, Silvia?"

"Of course we're all -hic- friends! It doesn't matter -hic- who starts it. Friendship is -hic- friendship. Both people -hic- forge the bond."

​"Not… not stupid. -hic- Scared. And it wasn't th-that -hic- bad." *tries to rub her eyes and picks up the notes.* "One was a -hic- clerical error. See -hic- you made the dash for the rune of -hic- power too high. So you had -hic- unknown runes and runes for -hic- exhaustion instead. -hic- Also… *flips to another page and traces out a shape* "You had -hic- the markings of -hic- Grima in there. Probably because it was in the tome. -hic- I'm really getting sick of these -hic- hiccups. But you don't need these -hic- markings for the spell to work. This is just -hic- to give Grima power while -hic- deceased."

"Of course we're all -hic- friends! It doesn't matter -hic- who starts it. Friendship is -hic- friendship. Both people -hic- forge the bond."

"I'll speak to him later then. At the moment, you're my priority" Kissing her on the forehead, he listened to what else she had to say. "Really? Grima markings in those tomes? Gosh, no longer she wasn't acting herself..."

She had crossed a line by remembering. She was practically pleading with herself, hating herself for not just saying she didn't know, she didn't know, making amnesia that so very convenient excuse but...!

She'd already ruined it. Like she ruined him - both of them -, herself.

"I can't be? Do you actually... know that? Can you, look me in the eyes right now, and tell me, with utmost certainty, that I will never become that tainted." Silvia held out a finger, waiting for Dusk's response before continuing on. "And I never... I never said that. I never said you weren't my friend. I just... don't feel like I deserve you sometimes. You're so... forgiving of me. I make mistakes and you bury them and tell me it's FINE. It'll be that ONE mistake that comes to bite me... or you, and you keep forgiving me for them!" She sighed, folding her arms before she continued.

"I have no idea how deep the corruption goes anymore. It could be nothing. It could have already taken me. Do we actually know that? I could snap, or turn on you at any time. And... like we mentioned yesterday, threats are something to be eliminated, right?"

She glanced over at Kat, making her way over to her and picking up the first note she indicated, tracing the suspicious line that she'd draw. "Are you fucking kidding me. THAT was my mistake? A goddamned LINE? I am so fucking done, honestly." She bitterly laughed, setting the note back down and burying her face into her hands.

She had crossed a line by remembering. She was practically pleading with herself, hating herself for not just saying she didn't know, she didn't know, making amnesia that so very convenient excuse but...!

"I can't be? Do you actually... know that? Can you, look me in the eyes right now, and tell me, with utmost certainty, that I will never become that tainted." Silvia held out a finger, waiting for Dusk's response before continuing on. "And I never... I never said that. I never said you weren't my friend. I just... don't feel like I deserve you sometimes. You're so... forgiving of me. I make mistakes and you bury them and tell me it's FINE. It'll be that ONE mistake that comes to bite me... or you, and you keep forgiving me for them!" She sighed, folding her arms before she continued.

"I have no idea how deep the corruption goes anymore. It could be nothing. It could have already taken me. Do we actually know that? I could snap, or turn on you at any time. And... like we mentioned yesterday, threats are something to be eliminated, right?"

She glanced over at Kat, making her way over to her and picking up the first note she indicated, tracing the suspicious line that she'd draw. "Are you fucking kidding me. THAT was my mistake? A goddamned LINE? I am so fucking done, honestly." She bitterly laughed, setting the note back down and burying her face into her hands.

"Oh, hey, my hiccups finally stopped." *tugs Silvia into a hug* "If you were irredeemable, Silvia, Phoibus would've just killed you. Mila would not He can, and has, silenced his heart and conscience when it's required for his job. I can too. But we saw it, and Doma and Mila have not forced us to un-see it. Mila let me refuse the job. To me, that is proof enough. I forgive you because I made the same mistakes in the past, and I learned how to forgive myself." *kisses the top of her head* "And relax about the line. I've done it. Remind me later to tell you the funny story about a clerical error of mine. Forgot to cross a 't' and, next thing I know, I'm being threatened with tigers. Point is, it's a common mistake. Likely you'd scribbled too fast and saw what you knew you'd intended on writing, instead of what had actually happened. More detrimental was the use of Grima's mark. That's what made it so… corroding, especially to you. And, perhaps, what made it so addictive as well. It's simple to fix, I promise. But for now, how about you just rest a bit and cry? You've had a very long couple of days, Silvia. Why not let someone bear your weight, just for a bit? I'm here to help you, Silvia. I am your friend and sister. You're stuck with me, no matter what."

(Rats, So much for Alicia leturing Poly about how he comes across;_;)

Ace had been listening to the conversation the entire time, "Silvia, good to see you're okay. I really thought I lost you yesterday."

Alicia then spoke up, "Oh thank Ashunera no lives were lost yesterday."

"I can do more than that" Getting out of the bed, he directly walked up to Silvia's face, literally to the point that the tips of their noses were touching. "You will never become that tainted" Taking a step back, he crawled back into the bed. "Threats are something to be eliminated, yes, but you certainly aren't one. You wouldn't hurt any of us, not even if you tried. And you feel like you don't deserve me?" Scoffing at her comment, he stroked his chin with his hand. "I'm not even going to begin what's wrong with that"

Dan was walking around the base, his face different than usual. Where he would have a very tame face, this face was dark. He looked and saw Kat, who was surrounded by everyone. She had apparently stopped crying.

...This was just all happening because she's pregnant, he thought to himself. Yet even then, they would surround her. She stayed calm when he attacked her, but her brother, no, that's just no good. Can't have people attacking the guy who rips apart wings of an innocent creature and accuses someone and plans to kill them when he's done far worse. No...can't have that...that would just be too convenient...it would make just too much sense...

Dan walked to the mess hall kitchen in order to make himself something to eat. He was hungry...hungrier than he'd ever been. It was late in the day, so he'd decided to make some steak. Usually, he didn't like to eat it, but he had a certain...craving, this day.

After a little bit, he sat down, his meal well prepped. He had picked up his knife, ready to cut, when he looked at it. He saw it glimmer in the sunlight that came through the windows. He suddenly felt something. He felt a feeling that he couldn't describe. He felt his hand trembling. Suddenly, he quickly stabbed the steak. And he felt good when he did it.

He took the knife out and sliced a large piece of the steak off, and proceeded to pick it up with his fork, although stabbing it fiercely with the fork each time he picked up a piece.

He had finished the steak in no less than two minutes. He had been really hungry, apparently. But the feeling he had did not go away. Yet...yet he felt he could describe the feeling now. An urge...a calling...a need. An indescribable sense that he needed...something...but...what was it?

.......Blood...