• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

Rosaline yanked the blood-soaked shoulder of the girl standing by the water, spinning her completely around. "YOU. Theresa, what the hell, is THIS?" She dragged her out into the open, waving her arm around at the destruction. "WHY?" She tried not to choke as she looked out, over the blood, the severed limbs, the... the hellspace. "WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET ALL OF THESE FROM? AND WHY? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Rosaline's screaming made her ears ring, amplified by the quiet... and the silence she received in return. Anna Theresa merely stood in her grip, swaying limply back and forth as if all the life from her own body lay underneath their feet.

(There's something extremely wrong here... and I'm pointing out the obvious. That Anna seems... numb.... what could've caused this? Did she lose her mind or something?)

Rosaline yanked the blood-soaked shoulder of the girl standing by the water, spinning her completely around. "YOU. Theresa, what the hell, is THIS?" She dragged her out into the open, waving her arm around at the destruction. "WHY?" She tried not to choke as she looked out, over the blood, the severed limbs, the... the hellspace. "WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET ALL OF THESE FROM? AND WHY? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Rosaline's screaming made her ears ring, amplified by the quiet... and the silence she received in return. Anna Theresa merely stood in her grip, swaying limply back and forth as if all the life from her own body lay underneath their feet.

"...Something...something isn't right...She doesn't seem...alive..."

[spoiler=Phoibus and Rosaline conversation]Rosaline: Any minute now... [/sits on the rail of one of the balconies, looking down at the ground below] Finally.

Phoibus: *waves up at her* "You called me too soon, milady. I was unable to find a rose to match your grace!"

Rosaline: Phoiby! [/hops down from the balcony with a thud, brushing off the dust before straightening up again] What brings you by? Checking on your investment?

Phoibus: A small bird whispered a sweet tune that you might need my assistance. True or false? I live to serve you.

Rosaline: Well, company's always nice. And yeah, I'd like this to go off without a hitch, for your help is most obliged.

Phoibus: Merely tell me what you need, milady. As far as I can see, everything should go according to plan, but is there something in particular you want?

Rosaline: Honestly? I don't care who wins this particular battle. What are the numbers for Anna Theresa's troops anyway?

Phoibus: Including herself? I counted 107. I would suggest, milady, that you wait closer to the ships during the battle. Let the Dreamers take the brunt of the damage. Many would weep if you were injured.

Rosaline: 107 versus... Well. They're SORELY outnumbered. Good idea, although you flatter me too much. The only person who would have cried over my death was blown up.

Phoibus: Ah, but I would. The thought of you being injured… it's enough to bring tears right now! *smiles* I would not underestimate them. If numbers were enough, then Michel would've already won.

Rosaline: You tease. You're just saying that! [/scoffs] Oh, I am well aware of THAT. And that's only because half the Annas she controls aren't even living things anymore.

Phoibus: Milady, you wound me so! I never just SAY anything; I pick my words with great care. *sighs but then appears to remember something* Ah, did I inform you of the tragedy at Mount Prism, milady? All of the prisms have been destroyed, and the newborns… I dare not speak of the horrors that befell them before their untimely deaths.

Rosaline: If you say so, Phoiby, but I never said I didn't believe you. [/smiles] ... Wait, how where they destroyed? There's no bloody way Michel could have gotten there to...how.

​Phoibus: Nor would I think even Michel could be so… psychotic in her killings. If I had to guess, perhaps your sister who has dabbled in necromancy? That dangerous line of magic almost always warps the mind. We need only look at the tragic tales of Nergal and Lyon to see that. If not her, though… perhaps...

Rosaline: As sick as her magic is, Aimee wouldn't hurt a fly. But you sound like you have an idea in mind... what is it?

​Phoibus: As per your instructions, milady, I have been keeping an eye of Theresa and… frankly, milady, some of her recent behavior has been quite… disturbing. She jumps at noises that no one else can hear, for instance.

Rosaline: You don't think she would have... no. Theresa's a good girl, nothing would cause her to... Margeaux. Margeaux. She's been absolutely crushed... you don't think she's going off the deep end entirely do you?

Phoibus: It's possible, though I am no expert. But, Lady Margeaux was quite kind and gentle, and Theresa has been under so much stress due to Michel's… actions of late. *shudders* I have seen quite some disturbing letters from Michel of late, the few that even make it. Many, many messengers have been killed recently.

Rosaline: That explains why it's so difficult to stay in touch with her. Phoibus. [/squares her shoulders and tips her head back, thinking] She could go on a complete... rampage. And Aimee was supposed to be there to check on her too, if she snaps and kills Aimee... alright. Worst case scenario is that Theresa kills Aimee, doesn't kill Michel, kills all the Dreamers. We have to ensure at the very least one of those things doesn't happen. ... Question is, which one?

​Phoibus: …With all due respect, milady, it is most important, I think, to ensure that the Dreamers survive, if it is to be debated. It isn't often that you find such capable pawns. *smiles* If you would like, though, I can… arrange that Aimee's ship must return to the dock, thus sparing her?

Rosaline: Excellent point. And if we want Michel's latest demon-spawn Serena gone, I'd definitely need to employ their services again. And that... that would be lovely, Phoiby, thank you.

Phoibus: *smiling* Then I best be on my way to make sure they're intercepted. Perhaps I shall find that rose for you on the way.

Rosaline: [/smiles] Be careful then, okay? And I'll be waiting for that rose!

Phoibus: I'm always careful, milady. Fear not! I shall see you in the port with that rose! *leaves*

Rosaline: Yeah... kind hope he does, actually…

(For people who have no idea what's going on.)

The silence wasn't scary now, it was just... annoying. "You killed our sisters. WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU? HUH?" She moved around the girl in a circle, looking at her for any sort of movement, any sort of sound. "Say something. Just... THERESA!" Rosaline screamed, stamping her foot. "SAY. SOMETHING."

The silence pressed on.

And on.

And on.

And ON.

And then she moved. Theresa moved, reaching out to Rosaline, and pull into an awkward hug, one hand at her arm and the other at her sister's back. "Anna... what is... Nngh!" The second movement was swift, and Rosaline only knew what had happened once Theresa pulled back, the knife usually at her side suddenly clutched in Theresa's hand. The hug was a trap, clearly.

"T-Theresa..." Rosaline choked out, staggering backwards.

"You... talk... too much. You asked questions... I can't answer... 107... sleep now." Anna Theresa tightened her grip and moved away from her, wincing at the thud Rosaline's body made as it hit the ground. "Any... questions...?" She pointed the knife at the group assembled by the docks, at each one of them in turn. "Any... questions...?"

Ship officially sunk~!

Edited by Vashiane

The silence wasn't scary now, it was just... annoying. "You killed our sisters. WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU? HUH?" She moved around the girl in a circle, looking at her for any sort of movement, any sort of sound. "Say something. Just... THERESA!" Rosaline screamed, stamping her foot. "SAY. SOMETHING."

The silence pressed on.

And on.

And on.

And ON.

And then she moved. Theresa moved, reaching out to Rosaline, and pull into an awkward hug, one hand at her arm and the other at her sister's back. "Anna... what is... Nngh!" The second movement was swift, and Rosaline only knew what had happened once Theresa pulled back, the knife usually at her side suddenly clutched in Theresa's hand. The hug was a trap, clearly.

"You... talk... too much. You asked questions... I can't answer... 107... sleep now." Anna Theresa tightened her grip and moved away from her, wincing at the thud Rosaline's body made as it hit the ground. "Any... questions...?" She pointed the knife at the group assembled by the docks, at each one of them in turn. "Any... questions...?"

Ship officially sunk~!

​"…Well, the rogue pawn has been captured."

The silence pressed on.

And on.

And on.

And ON.

Ship officially sunk~!

What the bleeding hell.

Jxemas: Can you die now? I don't waste my sword on mortals like you..

Light: You could be more scarier my dear. I've seen worse.

The silence pressed on.

And on.

And on.

And ON.

Ship officially sunk~!

Samson quickly grabbed his axe. "Kat, can we do something now?"

Samson quickly grabbed his axe. "Kat, can we do something now?"

"Wait still. Wait until she's shown us the board."

(Ie, wait for Vash to scare the living hell out of us.)

Edited by Kat