Do you wear glasses?

IceBrand

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

Contacts all day err' day. I don't see why people wouldn't wear them.

phobias of touching their eyes, seasonal allergies, silicon allergies, dry eye, history of infection, work in arid/dry/dusty areas, working in an air-conditioned office, price, can't see at near distances any more so can't put lenses in

I wear glasses but I don't really need to, I just use them for work because they look fucking awesome on me

<-- (optometry student)

Edited by Agro

Why would you get complaints over such a trivial thing?

phobias of touching their eyes, seasonal allergies, silicon allergies, dry eye, history of infection, work in arid/dry/dusty areas, working in an air-conditioned office, price, can't see at near distances any more so can't put lenses in

Yeah pretty much that~ "Ew I don't want to put something on my eyes" and "that'd be uncomfortable feeling that all day" (despite how, idk about all lenses, but the lenses I wear, you can't really notice at all) and "that could damage your eyes why would you risk that?"

There are definitely downsides to wearing lenses, some are harmful. Sometimes lenses hurt to wear if they're dirty, and they really hurt me (dunno about everybody else) if I've only slept for a few hours and put them on. My dad has to wear hard lenses because his eyes got damaged so their shape was kinda ruined and it hurt to wear contacts that couldn't fit around that shape.

I-it's just that personally I prefer how I look without glasses~ And it seems rather silly to wear something harmful just because you prefer how you look that way. And other simple things like "I don't like always having to reposition my glasses" or that it feels strange having them on my nose and around my head all the time. So really it makes a lot of people unhappy to see/hear about others who wear contact lenses~

Contacts all day err' day. I don't see why people wouldn't wear them.

cause I have astigmatism - super expensive contacts

I've tried out contacts for a few weeks and it was alright. But I definitely prefer how I look with glasses. Contacts also make me dizzy after a certain point for some reason.

depends on which country you're in. in Australia something like 3% of people who need correction for distance wear contact lenses (shockingly small) compared to Japan which is like 25% and the US which is ~21%

cause I have astigmatism - super expensive contacts

I've tried out contacts for a few weeks and it was alright. But I definitely prefer how I look with glasses. Contacts also make me dizzy after a certain point for some reason.

RGPs, eh? Did you ever go back to your optometrist/whoever to get the prescription double checked?

Yeah pretty much that~ "Ew I don't want to put something on my eyes" and "that'd be uncomfortable feeling that all day" (despite how, idk about all lenses, but the lenses I wear, you can't really notice at all) and "that could damage your eyes why would you risk that?"

There are definitely downsides to wearing lenses, some are harmful. Sometimes lenses hurt to wear if they're dirty, and they really hurt me (dunno about everybody else) if I've only slept for a few hours and put them on. My dad has to wear hard lenses because his eyes got damaged so their shape was kinda ruined and it hurt to wear contacts that couldn't fit around that shape.

I-it's just that personally I prefer how I look without glasses~ And it seems rather silly to wear something harmful just because you prefer how you look that way. And other simple things like "I don't like always having to reposition my glasses" or that it feels strange having them on my nose and around my head all the time. So really it makes a lot of people unhappy to see/hear about others who wear contact lenses~

Well, i see. I'm really careful with my lenses (I clean they all the time and never sleep using them, so they don't hurt and I can barely feel it.), since I'm afraid of something happening to my eyes (well, to my right eye, I'm almost blind of the left eye, so I just wear one contact lens). Still, most people I know also wear contact lenses, so I've never heard any complaint, except people saying "I don't wear lenses because I prefer glasses", which isn't exactly a complaint but a preference.

Edited by Nobody

Can't live without them.

But somehow I'm not authorized to wear them for my ID Card photo. Go figure...

Since my view is so bad without them, I don't think you could find contact lens adapted.

ANd glasses are so much practical.

I don't know what to vote D:

because i have to wear glasses for driving and they were very convenient in school when i was far away from the blackboard and without them i have some troubles reading things on illuminated backgrounds such as subtitles on TV, but other than that i don't actually need them and only the outlings of things are a litle bit fuzzy.

..goning with yes, as i really need them in some situations.

(fun fact i look a little like Miriel with my glasses, as they are red and i have a simmilar haircut and color ^^)