Intelligent Systems working on unannounced Wii U title

Jave

Here is even proof that Miyamoto apparently dislikes story in games involving Mario etc http://www.negativeworld.org/roundtable/9007/is-miyamoto-interfering-too-much-with-other-teams-games

Shig, Shig, Shig

we need to talk

Edited by Rehab

Here is even proof that Miyamoto apparently dislikes story in games involving Mario etc http://www.negativeworld.org/roundtable/9007/is-miyamoto-interfering-too-much-with-other-teams-games

...wut? Seriously??? I mean, they don't have the deepest stories imaginable, but the whole point of a Mario RPG like the Paper Mario Series is to have a fun story to follow. I didn't even like Super Paper Mario compared to 64 and TTYD, and I still enjoyed it enough for its story though I didn't like the lack of turn based battle.

Still haven't bothered playing Sticker Star mainly due to lack of real partners, the heart and soul of the main cast, who fill in the dialogue with such life and wit for our silent Mario. Other than the RPG elements, the partners (and the chatter they bring with them) are what charmed me in playing these games. At least SPM had 4 main characters, even if the Pixls were bland and boring...but I digress....

On topic: Hope its FE or Paper Mario. Otherwise, I dunno what it'll be....

I honestly don't like the RPGs much and like only Super Paper Mario because it lacked the turn system (I just never enjoyed it for some reason) and felt like a classic Mario title (the first level was even a throwback to SMB's first world), but it still had a great story.

...Really, Miyamoto? The Paper Mario games always had stories and they're really popular. This has to be the first time I've ever seen him say something stupid. :facepalm:

Actually not really, part of the reason IS went with it was because the JP Club Nintendo questionnaires for Super Paper Mario owners revealed that less than 1% of the players cared for the story.

If I recall in Japan Sticker Star supposedly sold a bit better than other Paper Mario titles, possibly as a result of the changes.

Additionally given the most recent games Miyamoto worked on, I think it's more that he dislikes intrusive stories, since Pikmin 3 had more story than the previous entries. Makes a bit of sense since the intrusiveness of the story to the game play was a partial driving force for some of the negatives of Paper Mario TTYD, like all the backtracking(with specific mention to a part were you have to backtrack all over to find that Bob-omb).

Edited by arvilino

• 2 months later...
Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, December 24, 2013 - necropost, and when I discussed with user, they said to delete
Hidden by Balcerzak, December 24, 2013 - necropost, and when I discussed with user, they said to delete

Hopefully they'll ditch the stupid piece of shit Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem game and focus on a new proper FE game.