(´・ω・`)

Nobody

ein don't you have a huge collection of different variations of that same pic

you should post them all because they are cute

Esme has gone over to the dark side of the forest.

Try not to be so cynical? I don't really know what you're expressing here :?

what cynicism? it's just that

>guy stalks girl, ends up with a whore, infamously regarded as creep throughout the web

>girl stalks guy, ends up happy with him

is rather cringe-inducing to read.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the latter story made me uncomfortable too.

>guy stalks girl, ends up with a whore, infamously regarded as creep throughout the web

" infamously regarded as creep " - Well, if what he did is not creepy, I don't know what is.

I didn't read the story with the stalker girl, but I'm pretty sure she is creepy as well.

Edited by Nobody

The place I read about the denko story (well, I only skimmed it) also had a story about a girl who was creeping on a guy (also in Japan). I don't know how to express my feelings about that story either, even though she got together with the guy at the end.

" infamously regarded as creep " - Well, if what he did is not creepy, I don't know what is.

I didn't read the story with the stalker girl, but I'm pretty sure she is creepy as well.

Uhm...What exactly are you guys discussing?

the circumstances were probably very different, not to mention that if they did indeed end up together that's perfectly fine because everything is consensual. iirc the denko guy tried to force himself onto her.

If you guys are talking about the stories BRS shared in irc one time that I think you're talking about, the creepiest thing the not-denko girl did IIRC was take some of his hair during high (middle?) school, and the guy (along with a lot of friends at school) knew/was on affectionate terms with her the whole time. The turn their relationship took as adults was also different, though I think guy-not-denko-fixated-on macked on her kinda hard with questionable consent one time or something

Not that there's nothing creepy about, uh, the combination of taking and keeping a good bit of somebody's hair and making eyes at them, but not-denko girl was at the very least self-aware and had a sense of humor about the person she was in high school, and posted her story as a set of "I'm a creepy stalker and here's my story, don't be like me kids (even if I got a happyish ending)" jab at herself

i didn't say it wasn't creepy lol

the circumstances were probably very different, not to mention that if they did indeed end up together that's perfectly fine because everything is consensual. iirc the denko guy tried to force himself onto her.

just think about that for a moment...notice how when you compare the outcomes and reception of two stalkers stories of opposing gender roles, the stalker male is the one who isn't liked back by his interest and recieves a lot of infamy. not only are the odds of a (straight) stalker girl's love interest being accepting of her much greater than that of a boy and his, but the odds of the general populace actually making a big deal out of the scenario are much greater with a man. poor guy's probably been identified by now, too.

he wasn't even very forceful when it came to actually trying to get with her, because all of his efforts went towards finding the times where he can be in the same place with her or sending her like a million emails. all of which times he was easily dropped out of her presence and the only reason this even went on for as long as it did was because denko was really nice. he stalked a lot, but the furthest he ever went was hugging her when she wasn't looking or something.

don't mind me, just another rant about how i hate gender barriers and double standards...

Well, the female stalker never physically assaulted the guy, nor waited him at his house, nor sent him over 600 emails, nor keep moving forward despite being rejected (which she wasn't). She also didn't bought information from one of his fake friends nor keep emailing her after she changed her email

Well, the female stalker never physically assaulted the guy, nor waited him at his house, nor sent him over 600 emails, nor keep moving forward despite being rejected (which she wasn't). She also didn't bought information from one of his fake friends nor keep emailing her after she changed her email

these are all just extra details because the gist is that boy likes stalker girl, girl doesn't like stalker boy. "she" didn't even end up in a position to do all of those extra things because she was just liked anyway. i'm just saying that these things are bothersome for someone like me to read.

rejected (which she wasn't)

how are those just "little details." they are two separate stories with very different circumstances. you're drawing a false parallel.

for that matter they're little details because see it didn't take very long at all for denko to have the mindset of "this guy is a stalker, i don't like him", so all these extra actions are extra details in that respect because she was already settled into not wanting anything to do with him anymore early in the story.

Anecdotal evidence and all, but the only person I personally know who was labeled creep was a girl. She would hold the hand of every person who talked with her out of pity in a obsessive way and call them "my darling", and then would proceed to tell them how she would get her (ex) boyfriend, who broke up with her one year before, back. She still wear their "special date ring" to this day. And the guy is legitimately scared.

Everyone would call her a creeper on her back, and since no one would want to be friends with her, she had to change from school classes 3 times, and them change to another school. And them one of my friends who also moved to that school (for different reasons) said she was as bad as ever. And this was on high school, when bullying was significantly lower, almost nonexistent, compared to middle school.

for that matter they're little details because see it didn't take very long at all for denko to have the mindset of "this guy is a stalker, i don't like him", so all these extra actions are extra details in that respect because she was already settled into not wanting anything to do with him anymore early in the story.

Not true. She would be friendly to him, until he sent her over 600 emails.

If some girl did that to me, I'd be really scared, even if she was the most gorgeous person in the world.

Edited by Nobody

Anecdotal evidence and all, but the only person I personally know who was labeled creep was a girl. She would hold the hand of every person who talked with her out of pity in a obsessive way and call them "my darling", and then would proceed to tell them how she would get her (ex) boyfriend, who broke up with her one year before, back. She still wear their "special date ring" to this day. And the guy is legitimately scared.

Everyone would call her a creeper on her back, and since no one would want to be friends with her, she had to change from school classes 3 times, and them change to another school. And them one of my friends who also moved to that school (for different reasons) said she was as bad as ever. And this was on high school, when bullying was significantly lower, almost nonexistent, compared to middle school.

Not true. She would be friendly to him, until he sent her over 600 emails.

If some girl did that to me, I'd be really scared, even if she was the most gorgeous person in the world.

that example is a little too far imo...that one involved a lot more physical affection, and she continually tried to pursue a guy who already gave the relationship a try.

the thing is, denko is extremely nice from what i see. if the author messed with the average girl, i'm pretty sure he would have been put away so soon.

If you guys are talking about the stories BRS shared in irc one time that I think you're talking about, the creepiest thing the not-denko girl did IIRC was take some of his hair during high (middle?) school, and the guy (along with a lot of friends at school) knew/was on affectionate terms with her the whole time. The turn their relationship took as adults was also different, though I think guy-not-denko-fixated-on macked on her kinda hard with questionable consent one time or something

Not that there's nothing creepy about, uh, the combination of taking and keeping a good bit of somebody's hair and making eyes at them, but not-denko girl was at the very least self-aware and had a sense of humor about the person she was in high school, and posted her story as a set of "I'm a creepy stalker and here's my story, don't be like me kids (even if I got a happyish ending)" jab at herself

I should just let Rehab talk for me and stop opening my damn mouth.

#OP

Me: “Do girls do the thing where you turn socks inside-out to use them for a week?”

Denko: “No, that’s too dirty. I usually wash them after a day.”

Me: “Well, Denko’s socks can’t possibly be dirty! Unlike mine… (´・ω・`)”

Denko: “Do you really wear the same socks for a week?”

Me: “No, uh, I heard about it from a friend.”

I don't know if there was confirmation of Denko Monogatari being true, somehow I feel like the last entry here makes the whole thing suspect given the "No, uh, I heard it from a friend."