Basically I'm freaking out because of how soon it is till X and Y is released and how little information has been released.

Siegmund

I'm not used to going into a pokemon game blind.

Not even semi-blind.

I usually have my entire team planned out before the release, I did for Diamond/Pearl, I did for Ruby/Sapphire.

But going into X and Y, I have no clue what to expect, and to me, that's horrifying.

I'M NOT USED TO THIS PLEASE SAVE ME

I'm winging it.

Black Charizard and Fenny are a guaranteed yes though.

Maybe Honedge if his third stage doesn't suck/ exists.

Think of it this way; it'll be a fun, mostly unspoiled guessing game.

It's not like it matters how you play after all, look at Nuzlocke runs; they're all different, and many of them end on a happy note (no salt in wound meant for people who couldn't finish a Nuzlocke)

Think of it this way; it'll be a fun, mostly unspoiled guessing game.

It's not like it matters how you play after all, look at Nuzlocke runs; they're all different, and many of them end on a happy note (no salt in wound meant for people who couldn't finish a Nuzlocke)

The only problem is that I generally suck at video games; I've always relied on a guide of some sort.

Maybe for you, but I cannot stand it. Something about not knowing whats gonna happen really irks me.

It appeals to me because it takes me back to the first 3 generations, where I knew nothing. I will agree that I feel a slight discomfort from not knowing all the Pokemon, because I don't want to raise one then bench it when I find something better (wasted exp). So far I only have 3 for sure.

There's a reason for the lack of announced information - Game Freak/The Pokémon Company/Nintendo purposefully set up a worldwide release to try and allow everyone to have the same experience of going in not knowing much of anything (as opposed to Japan getting the game and everyone else knowing everything by the time the games were localized).

So, outside of the few things they might announce over the next 9 days, it's going to be what's out there right now and any stuff that gets leaked that shouldn't be in the meantime. You'll just have to live with that. :/

Edited by Lord Glenn

Apparently there's only 18 more new Pokemon to go, according to the instigram leaker who claims there are only 70 new Pokemon. The 18 include Niovern's pre-evo, Clauncher and Skrelp's evos (this is assuming they only evolve once), possibly doublade's evo if it evolves again, the legendary trio, the Z legendary, the 'mew' of gen 6 and 9 others. So we're not going into this a blind as we think.

I don't have a plan yet at all. :sob:

I don't even have my starter planned because this is the first generation I'm not using the water starter ever (I hate the design too much >_>).

I'll probably go with Chespin, but taking the fire one is possible too..

I do know I'll be using Sylveon though

I'm used to planning a team as well. But i kind of like the idea of doing it blind, because it'll be unknown for everyone else too and there won't be those die hard fans that blast through the game and complete everything in a week, and spoiling the story , Which I personally dislike. I probably won't have a Kanto starter in my team, because it's too typical and probably 80% of fans will have one. All we can do is just wait. I probably will not have Sylveon in my team also, because basically nearly everyone will have one. I want to be different.

I only know I'm using Delphox and Sylveon (or maybe the other rumored eeveelution if I like it more). Missing 4 spots on my team until I know what the rest of the pokemon are. However, I'm not planning on using any previous gen pokemon since I have a policy on only using the pokemon of the new gen when a new region comes out. When the inevitable sequel game comes out, then I let myself have whatever mixture I desire.

I only know I'm using Delphox and Sylveon (or maybe the other rumored eeveelution if I like it more). Missing 4 spots on my team until I know what the rest of the pokemon are. However, I'm not planning on using any previous gen pokemon since I have a policy on only using the pokemon of the new gen when a new region comes out. When the inevitable sequel game comes out, then I let myself have whatever mixture I desire.

Same here.

The only thing I don't want to know are the game related things, but new Pokemon information are fair game for me.

If it really bothers you, you could choose to not play the game til a number of days after release? By then there should be ample-enough information for you to assuage your worries.

To be honest, I've never met a person who's been distraught with not knowing what's in store for them when they get a game though. It's... interesting. I'd personally want you to try playing Pokemon blind though. Might provide you with a fun experience c: