Physical Owain + New Poll

Physical Owain  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Father for Assassin Owain

• Kellam!Owain (Mods: 0 3 1 -1 1 3 2) Luna, Astra, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Vantage
    • Vaike!Owain (Mods: 2 1 1 2 2 0 0) Sol/Astra, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Vantage, Wrath
    • Donnel!Owain (Mods: 0 2 -1 0 6 1 1) Armstrhift, Sol/Astra, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Vantage/Miracle

I like how Owain has a hand that hungers for using swords, but who is his best physical father and which skills/class? The remaining fathers i have left are Kellam, Libra, Virion, Ricken, Donnel, and Vaike. I was planning on doing Vake x Sully, but maybe i could just do Sully x Donnel instead and get Vaike x Lissa. Owain with blonde hair is a plus, too.

Planning: Ricken x Miriel

Sully x Vake/Donnel

Lissa x Vaike/?

I also know that Owain is best a magical unit, but magical units are lame and boring in general.

Edited by AssassinSevera

I like magical units

Stahl is where its at.

The only problem with Stahl is that EVERYONE wants Stahl.

Out of the options you have left... I'd personally give him Kellam. This gives him Luna in addition to a lot of defense, and keeping him in a faster class like Assassin, Swordmaster or Trickster can cover any possible speed issues.

If you want Owain to have really good strength than I'd say go for Vaike. He gives some of the best strength assets in the game o.o Plus, Vaike gives Owain blonde hair and the supports with Lissa and Vaike aren't half bad. I should know, I had Vaike as Owain's dad in my first playthrough and he was a beast :)

However, Donnel is a very good option too. Pretty good assets and good strength. Plus the supports with Lissa and Donnel are adorable. In terms of skills, Aptitude is fun :)

Both can pass down Counter, Sol and Wrath to name a few. Wrath+Vantage is a fun combo and obviously Sol and Counter are good. Up to you dude, good luck :D

The only problem with Stahl is that EVERYONE wants Stahl.

Out of the options you have left... I'd personally give him Kellam. This gives him Luna in addition to a lot of defense, and keeping him in a faster class like Assassin, Swordmaster or Trickster can cover any possible speed issues.

Kellam and not Vaike? I thought blonde Owain would win this one. Its basically Sol+Mods+Blonde vs Luna

If you want Owain to have really good strength than I'd say go for Vaike. He gives some of the best strength assets in the game o.o Plus, Vaike gives Owain blonde hair and the supports with Lissa and Vaike aren't half bad. I should know, I had Vaike as Owain's dad in my first playthrough and he was a beast :)

However, Donnel is a very good option too. Pretty good assets and good strength. Plus the supports with Lissa and Donnel are adorable. In terms of skills, Aptitude is fun :)

Both can pass down Counter, Sol and Wrath to name a few. Wrath+Vantage is a fun combo and obviously Sol and Counter are good. Up to you dude, good luck :D

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Would Physical Owain be worth it to give up the magical beast sage Owain?

Kellam and not Vaike? I thought blonde Owain would win this one. Its basically Sol+Mods+Blonde vs Luna

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Would Physical Owain be worth it to give up the magical beast sage Owain?

[/shrugs] It's an option... although I'm one of those people who like the Thief line a lot more than most, so I consider THAT a selling point for Kellam as well. Although Vaike has it too. Hmm.

[/shrugs] It's an option... although I'm one of those people who like the Thief line a lot more than most, so I consider THAT a selling point for Kellam as well. Although Vaike has it too. Hmm.

I like the thief line as well, Assassin is my favorite class(which is why most of my team are assassins)

Meaning that i could make Owain an assassin, even though he wont be the best assassin in my team.

Edited by AssassinSevera

Ricken!Owain is the best Owain tied with Henry and Libra.

For my original class tree run, I used Gregor!Owain, and he kicked ass enough as an assassin.

Ok, I guess I'll go with Vaike!Owain and Donnel!Kjelle

Even thought Owain would be the worst Assassin on my team(stat wise) he will be one of the coolest looking assassins.

Ricken!Owain is a better physical unit than Vaike!Owain. Use Kellam/Libra of the remaining fathers.

How is Ricken!Owain a better physical unit when Ricken gives Owain bad mods for an Assassin? He may give him better skills, but his stats would suck.

Also, Vaike gives metter physical mods and skills than Libra. Kellam only gives Luna that i would consider from him, but it doesnt compare to blonde Owain, better mods, and Sol

I don't think I said anything about Vaike!Owain.

I know, but you said you went with Gregor!Owain and he was good as an assassin. Vaike!Owain is a better assassin, so thats why i said that.

If you don't have Limit Breaker, Donnel!Owain allows for unbreakable weapons with Armsthrift and 51 luck. Then give him a Balmung to fix Donnel's bad mods.

I would still think Vaike!Owain is better, just because Armtsthrift isnt as important. Also i was planning on using Balmung on someone else.

If you want to go Swordmaster or Assassin, Owain needs Luna. He won't deal enough damage without it.

Without Luna, you're better off as a Berserker.

Wouldn't Vaike!Owain work with Sol/Astra, Vantage, Wrath, Galeforce, Swordfaire with Killing Edge/Brave Sword?

Anyway, would these reasons make Vaike!Owain better as an assassin than the other fathers? Maybe it's Vaike!Owain vs Donnel!Owain as an assassin but idk

Edited by AssassinSevera

Poll added

Do not underestimate Luna.

I know its good, but is it really neccessary to go through bad mods and not a blonde Owain? Just wondering

For Owain, skills > mods. Bowfaire makes up the difference in Str, and he gets Luna out of the arrangement.

Libra provides VV access which is far better than what Vaike can offer.

Eh, I don't like Bowfaire, and he already has Swordfaire. Owain as Assassin could be good with Luna, right?

Also, VV isnt that good, really. Vengeance is the only thing Libra offers(along with blonde hair as well)

Edited by AssassinSevera

Because 1 point of strength is going to make a HUGE difference in the long run. You also get Sol, AT, and the fantastic hero class out of the deal (If Gregor!Owain). But since Gregor!Owain isn't an option, Kellam. Negative speed mod is not an issue if you're an assassin, and Luna is the best skill in the game. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE IT.

Because 1 point of strength is going to make a HUGE difference in the long run. You also get Sol, AT, and the fantastic hero class out of the deal (If Gregor!Owain). But since Gregor!Owain isn't an option, Kellam. Negative speed mod is not an issue if you're an assassin, and Luna is the best skill in the game. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE IT.

But Vaike gives 3 more speed, which can be the difference in doubling or not. Also, Vaike gives 2 more strength than Kellam, which i agree isnt a lot. But Owain won't get Blonde hair(probobly the thing i care about most lol)

If you care the most about looks then why did you even create this thread? You're hardly showing any acceptance of others ideas/opinions.

Just make blonde Owain into an assassin like you obviously want to do and be on your way. Vaike!Owain performs just fine