miriel x lq
tharja x donnel
panne x gaius
lissa x ricken
gregor x sully
chrom x olivia
corde x stahl
maribelle x mamu

Kinda want to use vaike for someone, and I'm really thinking about luci x mamu for super aether morgan.

Thoughts, opinions, all that? What assets should MaMu rock if I go for Lucina? +spd/skl -luk?

I've heard really good things about frederick x cherche, but I ~did~ like vaike x cherche.

Mind explaining a bit on why I should stick with vaike x cherche?

Oh, I should note that I want to create a bastard streetpass team. It doesn't have to be this playthrough, I'm actually willing to wait until I have lunatic+ classic licked again to set up my fuckwittery streetpass team.

Well for a while, Frederick is awesome, but eventually his like 1 exp for every kill of a lvl 20 advanced class at a lvl 1 Priest will make him ridiculously weak later on, most of the time.

Vaike, though, can rival Frederick around chapter 5 or so onwards, and with one or two Second Seals he'll be pretty strong. Having said that Vaike has crap Mov

Gaius x Nowi and Gregor x Panne are pretty fantastic. I miiiight consider gregor x miriel, kinda forgot how good that one is.

@Carter - I feel like sully x donnel isn't "optimized". I think she can do better. :s

Kjelle's best father, besides MU, is in fact Donnel.

[i already explained what I'd suggest over on GFAQs though]

Edited by Airship Canon

Yeah, guess I'm doing that sully x donnel stuff.

Let's just transfer my post from there over to here, since I think there will be more informed opinions on this board, anyway. :D

Holy wow at that severa bs

Revised list:

vaike x cherche
olivia x chrom
nowi x kellam
henry x sumia
miriel x gregor
tharja x gaius
panne x fred
lissa x ricken
Donnel x sully
corde x lq
maribelle x mamu

Who do I give to maribelle if I want aether morgan? Also, +skl-hp for asset?

I don't want to do mari libra, but that's the only pairing I really know with her.

Thanks for the helpful post.

Yeah, guess I'm doing that sully x donnel stuff.

Let's just transfer my post from there over to here, since I think there will be more informed opinions on this board, anyway. :D

Holy wow at that severa bs

Who do I give to maribelle if I want aether morgan? Also, +skl-hp for asset?

I don't want to do mari libra, but that's the only pairing I really know with her.

Thanks for the helpful post.

If you don't want to do Mari/Libra, your other options:

1. Flip Ricken and Libra here:

Libra!Owain and Ricken!Brady:

Brady is for all intents and purposes always good. (Unscrewable) and needs no skills from any father, as he gains everything he needs from his mother. He only needs existence and stats are appreciated.

Ricken!Brady does waste a Luna, yes, but it covers everything Brady needs, and gives him a rather solid Magic Mod at +5.

Owain does well with Libra's Vengeance. Yes, Libra is mostly a "sorc tool" but Owain also has natural Vantage, which if you know, synergizes amazingly well with Vengeance.

2. Virion. Of your other options (Virion, Stahl) Virion is the stronger of the two. He serves as pretty much LQ!Brady lite with middling, and can potentially roll in a breaker if needed.

3. Stahl. Brady gains Vantage, but at the same time, not much else. Mods aren't that great, but again, Brady is unscrewable.

As far as asset Flaw goes? For Lucina!Morgan, +SKL/-HP is alright but not the best. +SKL/-DEF or +SPD/-DEF are the best options, but may not be viable. +SKL or +SPD asset, LCK flaw is also pretty solid.

Cuz I'm gonna do a hard run first. Next week, I'll be getting the grinding DLC, so idc about taking forever with Freddieboy

Oh, yes, with grinding and Second Seals, Frederick is a monster and possibly the best Jagen in the series. Basically, anyone can be good if you go this route, but Frederick has one of the best strength and defense growths in the game, and the best HP growth in the game period. And with access to Dread Fighter via DLC, he can get the speed and resistance he needs too. Not to mention he has access to great support skills like Dual Guard+ and Defender as well as Luna. Also, he does level up slowly most of the time, but even then, it doesn't take THAT long for him to at least stay on par with his allies (if you don't grind everyone else) if you grind him a bit.

Now maxing him out will take some time and patience. The Frederick kind. ;)

Your pairing choices look good to me, but I would give Nowi to Donnel and Tharja to Gaius so both Nah and Noire have Peg knight access. Noire would get some nice speed too, which would keep her from getting doubled a lot whenever she can't counterattack due to being a bow user. Panne would then go with Lon'qu, which should give you a super speedy Yarne with decent strength.

Edited by Anacybele

Your pairing choices look good to me, but I would give Nowi to Donnel and Tharja to Gaius so both Nah and Noire have Peg knight access. Noire would get some nice speed too, which would keep her from getting doubled a lot whenever she can't counterattack due to being a bow user. Panne would then go with Lon'qu, which should give you a super speedy Yarne with decent strength.

The problem is, PK is ALL Donnel!Nah gets.

I would say switch Kellam and Vaike. Vaike!Nah gets Hero and GK for Sol and Luna and AT, and Kellam!Gerome is not that different from Vaike!Gerome. He just gets a bit slower. He's not that good, so he doesn't need a very good father.

I would say switch Kellam and Vaike. Vaike!Nah gets Hero and GK for Sol and Luna and AT, and Kellam!Gerome is not that different from Vaike!Gerome. He just gets a bit slower. He's not that good, so he doesn't need a very good father.

Okay then, give Tharja to Donnel and Nowi to Gaius.

And FrederickxSully is pretty terrible statistically. Kjelle doesn't get anything that she doesn't already get from her mother. :/

Kellam!Gerome has no 'zerker, and is worse than Fred!Gerome, who's worse than Vaike!Gerome.

Gerome's got a solid role as a zerker.

Kellam!Nah is the only respectable hard tank in the entire game [80DEF/RES without pair], besides a Morgan you get from Kellam!Nah.

what happened to cordelia x stahl? i thought that was her best pairing.

He was shown Lancekiller, and why it's not her best pair: LQ is.

(Thus: "Holy wow at that severa bs")

Stahl!Severa has worse stats, but Luna access. Which wouldn't be a bad trade...

EXCEPT for the fact that all Severas have Vengeance.

Since Vengeance is a better activation than Luna, she has no need for Luna.

Kellam!Nah is the only respectable hard tank in the entire game [80DEF/RES without pair], besides a Morgan you get from Kellam!Nah.

He was shown Lancekiller, and why it's not her best pair: LQ is.

Since Vengeance is a better activation than Luna, she has no need for Luna.

Opinion. Vaike!Nah has -3 Def but gets Sol as a substitute.

Opinion. Lancebreaker is a situational skill, so that claim is highly dependent on said situation.

Opinion. Vengeance is only useful when you've taken damage; Luna activations always add extra damage.

Opinion. Vaike!Nah has -3 Def but gets Sol as a substitute.

Opinion. Lancebreaker is a situational skill, so that claim is highly dependent on said situation.

Opinion. Vengeance is only useful when you've taken damage; Luna activations always add extra damage.

3 DEF, 2 RES > Sol. Sol doesn't accomplish much and interferes with Luna- even on a tank, especially when dealing with DEF/RES upwards into the 80s [which is the DEF/RES value of, the ability to severely weaken or kill an enemy is of high value. Eitherway, Hard tank leaves much to be desired.

Higher Stats are still better, even if not using the breakers, and LQ!S has that.

Vengeance always activates. Luna does not. For anything relevant (I.E. Apo) taking relevant damage via pulling [not even outright tanking] or facechecking Counter, and then following up with Vengeance is going to produce better results, not to mention the fact that Vengeance can, and does, outright outperform Luna at times, which makes stacking them a sub par idea. Only thing better than running Vengeance is stacking Aether with Luna and/or Ignis.

Vengeance vs Luna;

Vengeance depends on the damage your unit has taken.

Luna depends on the DEF Stat of the target.

You can control the amount of damage your unit has taken.

You cannot control the amount of DEF your target has.

Vengeance's maximum damage boost is 42.

Luna's maximum damage boost is 25 [General with 50 DEF which is the highest outside of Apotheosis]

Ergo, Vengeance is superior to Luna.