I hope YHVH is a boss...

If only to kill him with Ike.

And maybe Lucina.

Take that, God.

[sadly, I forsee something stupid like Grima redux as the major antagonist.]

It would be cool to have YHVH in too... but, he will not be replaced by a dirty old dragon thing... he's GOD

Also, only Ike, Demi-Fiend and Aleph are the ones I register as god-slayers

Edited by Soledai

...What?

SMT has, on multiple occasions, had God [as YHVH, Yehowah, Tetragrammaton, The Lord, or "The Great Will"] as a major antagonist/boss.

Really hoping that carries into SMTxFE. ...if only for Ike to do to God what he did to Ashera.

SMT has, on multiple occasions, had God [as YHVH, Yehowah, Tetragrammaton, The Lord, or "The Great Will"] as a major antagonist/boss.

This is incorrect, YHVH has only been the antagonist in 'ONE' SMT and that was SMT 2 and The Great Will was optional in Nocturne, for the most part all the major 'antagonists' are either deities hoping to reshape the world... or Lucifer. The closest you get to YHVH is Metatron known as the 'Voice of God' but he mostly optional in his appearances

Demiurge was also a thing. And optional or non-antagonistic notwithstanding, I would still consider him and Great Will to still be "major boss" category.

Right, I'm not denying their boss status, I'm pointing out that the 'multiple occasions' part of Airship's post is inaccurate, considering it makes it sounds as if YHVH is in every SMT, which is false, outside of SMT2, he only gets mentioned...

As far Demiurge goes, he has a better chance of appearing in FExSMT than YHVH, probably as an optional boss, though he has antagonist potential for this game

Edited by Soledai

I doubt YHVH (Which is actually spelled the same in Hebrew with the right letters) will be the final boss. Fighting the Judeo-Christian God is pretty...risque. It's why I highly doubt we'll ever see SMTII in the US without some serious retooling.

^ Ialdabaoth=Demiurge... And he has the better potential of being a major antagonist between himself and YHVH... though honestly, Lucifer has the overall best potential to be a major foe...

Although, I would just as sooner hope this game has the alignments, so there wouldn't be the one final boss, just the final boss of the route you're on

Edited by Soledai

what about vaerial

Vaerial=Belial, right?

I can't really comment since I havent played SMT 4 yet, but I wager he'd be an interesting boss like he was in DS1 or an even better Law/Neutral boss, since he's chaos and all that

I had no idea, I also didn't know that Revelations the Demon Slayer=Last Bible, I tip my hat to finding someone who played Last Bible.

Would he appear solo or as a part of the Gaia Meisters?(I had to look it up, because I knew nothing of LB...)

Edited by Soledai

It would be cool to have YHVH in too... but, he will not be replaced by a dirty old dragon thing... he's GOD

Also, only Ike, Demi-Fiend and Aleph are the ones I register as god-slayers

Alm totally slayed a god 8 games before Ike.

I had no idea, I also didn't know that Revelations the Demon Slayer=Last Bible, I tip my hat to finding someone who played Last Bible.

Would he appear solo or as a part of the Gaia Meisters?(I had to look it up, because I knew nothing of LB...)

revelations the demon slayer is actually the only atlus game ive ever played

I doubt YHVH (Which is actually spelled the same in Hebrew with the right letters) will be the final boss. Fighting the Judeo-Christian God is pretty...risque. It's why I highly doubt we'll ever see SMTII in the US without some serious retooling.

Well, there's always Metatron.

Alm totally slayed a god 8 games before Ike.

To be honest, I did actually forget about Alm, so nice catch!

Well, there's always Metatron.

Yeah, which I guess is cool, but it'd be a lot cooler to fight YHVH or Lucifer with the FE cast.

I also think that Metatron would better candidate than YHVH.... unless, FExSMT has the LNC alignments, and the plot is written in a fashion similar to SMT 2(We DO have the Messiah after all) then, YHVH could take the spotlight as the the Chaos/Neutral route boss... but I fear with the inclusion of FE, there won't be any alignment conversions, assuming they don't nominate protagonists, for that would be the only way

revelations the demon slayer is actually the only atlus game ive ever played

That's pretty impressive, I think i've played all the SMTs around that one(haven't got to it yet), my hat is still tipped to you good sir

Edited by Soledai

This topic should've been a general boss thread, because that's where it seems to be heading

but it'd be a lot cooler to fight YHVH or Lucifer with the FE cast.

You know what I'd like to see, The Four Devas against the brawlers of FE; Ephraim, Ike, Hector, Alm

More specifically:

Bishamonten vs. Ike

Zouchouten vs. Alm

Jikokuten vs. Ephraim

Koumokuten vs. Hector

But that's because I'm one of those guys who look for (possibly)interesting match-ups like this...