Attempting the Impossible: Filling the Pokedex

Laurent~

So I've decided, I'm going to attempt to completely fill the Pokedex. Crazy, I know, but with help from others not necessarily impossible. So my plan is in a little while I'm going to post up a list of all the pokemon that I've seen that I don't have and whittle away at it, slowly filling up. Am I just crazy or do you think I should really attempt it? =p

The kalos pokedex or the national poledex?
If it's the kalos one, it's not that hard. I only have 6 badges but i alteady have over 150 pokemon, without counting the evos/pre evos that i'm missing.

Edited by Nobody

So I've decided, I'm going to attempt to completely fill the Pokedex. Crazy, I know, but with help from others not necessarily impossible. So my plan is in a little while I'm going to post up a list of all the pokemon that I've seen that I don't have and whittle away at it, slowly filling up. Am I just crazy or do you think I should really attempt it? =p

Whoa. That's an ambitious goal there Laurent.

I'm rooting for you!

You crazy. I recently filled up my old Red version and even with only 151, missingno and ditto glitch it was a chore. There's like 1000 of them now.

Edited by Huck Finn

only a little over 700 ;p lol. with the new exp share, it's going to be a lot easier for evolving at least. It's the getting the first of each evolution set that may end up being the hardest. before the bank is released I'm going to try to fill the whole kalos dex because that will make the whole thing easier. I'm glad they give false swipe too, lots easier to catch low level guys.

After the Pokemon Bank gets released... you can transfer pokemon from previous generations.

Which is what I'm going to do (I have every first pokemon from each evolution line prepared for transfer currently sitting in my Black Version), so I'm only bothering with Kalos pokemon right now, which should be very easy since there's less than 70.

I'm going to attempt it as well (the only other time I did was in Soul Silver), so you're not alone! I can definitely help you once Pokemon Bank comes online, if you need it! ^_^

Which is what I'm going to do (I have every first pokemon from each evolution line prepared for transfer currently sitting in my Black Version), so I'm only bothering with Kalos pokemon right now, which should be very easy since there's less than 70.

I'm going to attempt it as well (the only other time I did was in Soul Silver), so you're not alone! I can definitely help you once Pokemon Bank comes online, if you need it! ^_^

Same, I got a complete pokedex waiting to get transferred from my White2 game. Right now Im just focussing on getting a copy of each kalos pokemon. Should be done fast. After that I can use some spare legendaries to try and trade for event pokemon I still miss seeing as we can now trade for pokemon we havent seen yet but know the names of.

Btw, if anyone needs event pokemon, I have connections who can get them for you through me; I'm very bad at remembering events and such, so that's often how I get my event pokemon.

With the addition of the Friend Safari, filling out the pokedex is mainly going to require starters and legendary pokemon I believe. The game already offers around 450 throughout the actual regions, and with the Friend Safari, you can find many more pokemon that aren't native to Kalos.

Best of luck. I'm simply aiming for 300 Pokemon obtained or 2/3rd of the Kalos dex on my first play-through. The closest I ever got to completing a pokedex was in my pearl file. I was missing 10 critters, primarily legendaries.