Why are Japanese so good at Pokémon???

Fruity Insanity

Use Heatran

Basically wait for December lololol

More Defensive oriented Talonflame could beat Heatran though, although I did not know its movepool

Tyrantrum?

I think in 3 v 3 setting, Dragonite is shaping to be the best threat. Able to take one free hits is valuable, and when that shit strikes, HELLOOOOOO 134 Base Attack!

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My team at the moment is blazeken(mega), gengar(sached) and either garchomp or greninja, both with LO. I think i'll swift garchomp for dragonite, then, which kind of makes me sad, since i like garchomp so much

Use Heatran

Basically wait for December lololol

More Defensive oriented Talonflame could beat Heatran though, although I did not know its movepool

Tyrantrum?

I think in 3 v 3 setting, Dragonite is shaping to be the best threat. Able to take one free hits is valuable, and when that shit strikes, HELLOOOOOO 134 Base Attack!

Dragonite is free to fairies

also I do find it hilarious how Greninja OHKOs it through Multiscale

Your power level needs to reach weeb to stand a chance

I wish I could say more but at the moment I only have 1 Pokemon fully EV trained (Absol) and he hasn't learnt all of his moves yet so I've had no experience battling randomers

Also kudos Alfred for getting position 1 in Italy!

Entry hazards are not going to be as relevant as before due to Defog (which also breaks the screens like Brick Break, according to serebii..).

Anyway it's difficult to see entry hazards in 3vs3 matches, and it's even more difficult to find someone using Defog.

@Whoodshooter: Yeah, I found a Japanese who spammed an Eviolite Chansey with Minimize and Toxic.

@Espinosa: Weakness Policy is a really interesting item. It's particularly good on pokémon with Sturdy, imo. I mean, a Carracosta with Shell Smash, Sturdy and Weakness Policy would be interesting to use.

Might try that Dragonite set since it seems interesting as well.

@DodgeDusk: Thankies bro ;w;

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Because Japanese nerds are generally more hardcore than the others and have no pride

I noticed something interesting some time ago.

I usually have the PSS on, regardless of what I'm doing. That way I also get lots of offers for random trades and battles (especially during the week after the games were released). The only playerI've seen offer the ruleset that doesn't set levels at 50 are Japanese. My in-game party was destroyed by single lvl.100 legendary several times because I didn't realize I was offered a different rule set than usually.

EDIT: congratulations Afred!

Edited by Sylphid

Because Japanese nerds are generally more hardcore than the others and have no pride

Actually is the opposite... Japanese people basically live for their society, they have a very high sense of pride. They have to be the best in everything. Fact is, not all of them can stand up to the standards of their society, and that's why a lot of people there feel repressed or depressed and commit suicide (Japan has one of the highest % of suicides per year in the world). Nerds in particular are not well-seen by others, as they're like a cancer to their society; yet those nerds find their only way to be "japanese" (aka to be the best) in videogames, so it's fair to state that they're so good because of their (hurt) pride, and not the opposite.

This said, when people desperately seek for a goal, they can also become dishonest in order to fulfill it. What happened to you, milady, is despicable, no matter how you see it. I'm sorry to hear that! (I tend to accept challenges without even reading the conditions too x_x But that never happened to me)

EDIT: congratulations Afred!

Thanks! *blush*

I did three more matches, found 3 japanese and won (in one I was very lucky, I admit it. A critical hit when it was needed...).

So now I have 1793 points, more than the top american player too~

(but still 200th in the japanese ranking, uh)

@Fruity Insanity: mah boy, you didn't tell me that you were doing double battles against those japs! I just saw it now in the PGL website. Well you're doing well ^^ And you did a lot of battles :0 I'm curious to see your strategies for doubles, hehe! Wanna do a match?

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Actually is the opposite... Japanese people basically live for their society, they have a very high sense of pride. They have to be the best in everything. Fact is, not all of them can stand up to the standards of their society, and that's why a lot of people there feel repressed or depressed and commit suicide (Japan has one of the highest % of suicides per year in the world). Nerds in particular are not well-seen by others, as they're like a cancer to their society; yet those nerds find their only way to be "japanese" (aka to be the best) in videogames, so it's fair to state that they're so good because of their (hurt) pride, and not the opposite.

Umm... I didn't really mean the overlined part. It was just a (admittedly bad and hard to understand) joke about stuff like Double Team spamming >__<

I'm sorry I made such a distasteful joke and was really unclear about it...

Wow Alfred, you're moving up in the World!

Umm... I didn't really mean the overlined part. It was just a (admittedly bad and hard to understand) joke about stuff like Double Team spamming >__<

I'm sorry I made such a distasteful joke and was really unclear about it...

Wow Alfred, you're moving up in the World!

No worries, I was the one who took it too seriously, probably... ^^"

It's not your fault indeed, haha!!

and thankies. :)

well yeah their population is declining, defunctional society confirmed

lol only because they have some problems it doesn't mean that their population is declining. Fact is, it's kinda the opposite... As of now, people in Japan live way better than in most other parts of the world. It's all but defunctional.

Source: seen it with my eyes on my last trip + statistics

and yeah that probably was a joke too but I suck at humor D: sorry bud

Soooo, back in-topic... who wants to create a team for Multiple Battles with me? :D

(seriously, let's do some sort of Multiple battle tournament in couples... that would be epic)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Soooo, back in-topic... who wants to create a team for Multiple Battles with me? :D

(seriously, let's do some sort of Multiple battle tournament in couples... that would be epic)

I'll help. I need experience with team building anyway

Why so much hate for Goodra. ;w;

It's my favorite dragon so far.

And how the hell can Greninja 2HKO Goodra? It must have 0 EVs in both HP and SPdef I guess... because mine gets 3-4HKOed. :0

I'll help. I need experience with team building anyway

Ook. Send me a PM then. ;P We can get started. ^^

Sent

Galewings Talonflame is a Blaziken slayer. I'll be using him just because of that.

Abuse it now then. There's every possibility Blaziken is in ubers again this generation

A timid, 252 SP.Atk with life orb greninja?

modest (or any +Sp. Atk nature, modest might not actually be the best)

Why so much hate for Goodra. ;w;

It's my favorite dragon so far.

And how the hell can Greninja 2HKO Goodra? It must have 0 EVs in both HP and SPdef I guess... because mine gets 3-4HKOed. :0

as a matter of fact, I used 252 HP/252 Sp. Def Goodra with a +Sp. Def nature

252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 195-229 (50.78 - 59.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and yes, Greninja also OHKOs Dragonite through Multiscale

just wait for Mega Arceus with 135 or 140 bases for everything and Protean

Edited by shadykid

Galewings Talonflame is a Blaziken slayer. I'll be using him just because of that.

Yes it is. If I had to choose one pokemon to nominate the best blaziken killer, it would without a doubt be Talonflame.

modest (or any +Sp. Atk nature, modest might not actually be the best)

Most greninjas out there are timid, though.

I use a timid greninja with expert belt, which explains why my greninja failed to OHKO a dragonite (but I think it would have been able to OHKO it with a life orb).

Edited by Nobody

Yes it is. If I had to choose one pokemon to nominate the best blaziken killer, it would be without a doubt Talonflame.

Most greninjas out there are timid, though.

I use a timid greninja with expert belt, which explains why my greninja failed to OHKO a dragonite (but I think it would have been able to OHKO it with a life orb).

252 SpA Life Orb (custom) Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 174-211 (45.31 - 54.94%) -- 53.91% chance to 2HKO

still 50/50, and this isn't taking into account Stealth Rock, Spikes, or Goodra actually having 252 HP/252 Sp. Def with a +Sp. Def nature in the first place (spoilers: most don't invest in Sp. Def, although to be fair some do run Fire Blast)
so while Goodra can check Greninja, it isn't gonna do so by walling it, it has to OHKO back
Edited by shadykid

No worries, I was the one who took it too seriously, probably... ^^"

It's not your fault indeed, haha!!

I tend to take jokes too seriously too, so I completely understand.

Makes me wonder why I make jokes I wouldn't get myself

If you have room for another team mate for multi-battles, I would like that! It would be fun doing multi-battle and I could really use the party building experience. I could be your back-up

Hmm... Or are triple battles with three players per team possible? If not, they should be.

The idea for SF multi-battle tournament is really cool! Where do I sign for it?

252 SpA Life Orb (custom) Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 174-211 (45.31 - 54.94%) -- 53.91% chance to 2HKO

still 50/50, and this isn't taking into account Stealth Rock, Spikes, or Goodra actually having 252 HP/252 Sp. Def with a +Sp. Def nature in the first place (spoilers: most don't invest in Sp. Def, although to be fair some do run Fire Blast)
so while Goodra can check Greninja, it isn't gonna do so by walling it, it has to OHKO back

I don't really think goodra can OHKO greninja, can it?

Edited by Nobody