The Rating Battle Thread: Show off where *you* are!

Fruity Insanity

ScreenShot2013-10-28at32724AM_zps256c2af

MUST. GET. BETTER. (I'm 'X.')

Note to self: DON'T BATTLE PAST MIDNIGHT, BECAUSE THAT'S EVENING IN JAPAN, THE TIME WHEN MOST JAPANESE ARE ACTIVE! (Seriously, my score dropped to, like, 1650... which is still pretty high up there, but I WANT TO BE THE BEST! D:)

Well, at least in the US. And to do that, I need about 150 more points. To be first. And if I get to, like, 2000 (which in all honestly is probably not going to happen), I'll be first, period. In the world.

I CAN DO THIS!

Edited by Fruity Insanity

top_player2.png

This was some time ago.

Then I had the bad idea of testing a new team in ranked battles and I dropped to 1650 or something like that.

I'm making a new team now to get my throne back. è_é

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I don't play ranked battles, since they make me feel inferior as I'm horrible at competitive battling, but I'm happy to know two people who are high ranked I guess. I'm rooting for you both; if you guys record any cool battles, put up the code so I can see. I want to study these and hopefully get just a little better at battling....

I don't play ranked battles, since they make me feel inferior as I'm horrible at competitive battling, but I'm happy to know two people who are high ranked I guess. I'm rooting for you both; if you guys record any cool battles, put up the code so I can see. I want to study these and hopefully get just a little better at battling....

OK, Silver Lightining.

I think I have some cool battles saved in my Battle Recorder, I just have to browse through them and pick the most interesting ones. Then I'll put the codes in the Battles topic. ;)

OK, Silver Lightining.

I think I have some cool battles saved in my Battle Recorder, I just have to browse through them and pick the most interesting ones. Then I'll put the codes in the Battles topic. ;)

Yay thanks! Studying battle videos are fun! :D

How on earth do you guy raise your teams so quickly?

We're nerds pr0.

Jokes aside, once you've learnt the little "tricks" of breeding and EVsing, it doesn't take that much.

Yay thanks! Studying battle videos are fun! :D

Indeed it is. :) I'll be doing that work right now.

We're nerds pr0.

Jokes aside, once you've learnt the little "tricks" of breeding and EVsing, it doesn't take that much.

I've managed to get to the point where I can breed for 4 - 5 perfect IVs, but putting altogether with natures and abilities is stumping me.

I guess I need to catch more Dittos.

Just use an everstone and you will get the nature you want 100% of the time.

Really, the IVs are the most difficult part

I know how the Everstone works. The problem I've been having is that by the time I get the point where I've got the good IVs, I don't have a single breeding partner in the nature I want (who can also retain a good chance of repeating the good IVs). I'm thinking I should breed for the nature first, because that's the one thing that easy to keep consistent through the entire process.

I know how the Everstone works. The problem I've been having is that by the time I get the point where I've got the good IVs, I don't have a single breeding partner in the nature I want (who can also retain a good chance of repeating the good IVs). I'm thinking I should breed for the nature first, because that's the one thing that easy to keep consistent through the entire process.

Yeah.

Do like this:

> Catch Dittos

> Breed Ditto with your pokémon to get a child with the nature you want

> If you want to give any egg moves, give the female child an Everstone and put it with a father with the moves you want

> Once you get nature and moves, use a power-item or a destiny knot to transfer IVs as well. It's easier in this gen since females can pass down moves too. So the male can just stick to destiny knot and the female to everstone whatsoever.

;P

Alternatively:

> Breed a Ralts with a Ditto to get a Ralts with Synchronize of the chosen nature

> Train it to level 30 (a rival battle will suffice)

> Go to the Safari and catch the pokémon you want. Having 2 IVs set at 31 everytime is a big help and you also get the nature you want thanks to Synchronize.

• 2 weeks later...