Team help

AssassinSevera

I have an eeveelution team, but i want to make it better. Currently, i have Jolteon, Vaporeon, Sylveon, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon. The ones i need help with are Vaporeon, Sylveon, and Umbreon.

Sylveon: Modest 252 hp, 252 sp attack, 4 sp def

Moonlight, Draining Kiss, Light Screen/Calm Mind, Psyshock

Vaporeon: Bold 252 hp, 252 sp attack, 4 def

Toxic, Protect, HydroPump, Ice bream

Umbreon: Impish 252 hp, 252 defense, 4 attack

Payback, Pursuit, Moonlight, Toxic

What should i change in the evs/moves? Also note that they all can't learn Wish, but Umbreon can use Moonlight.

Edited by AssassinSevera

Vaporeon has acces to wish right? It might be better to go all out defensive with it? 252 def?

And perhaps surf or scald instead of hyrdo pump for the accuracy, but that's just my preference.

Edited by Falter

Have you considered rotation battles? I ignored them last generation cause training Pokemon was tedious and the single-player campaign never encouraged using them.

Each Evee represents a different element and can deal with different pokemon on the switch. If you enjoy egg moves this is very convenient because all of them can learn some of the same moves like shadow ball. If you use a move like reflect/lightscreen when you anticipate a switch this might give one of you Evees a fighting chance if it's fighting. I already mentioned in the competition thread that I'm interested in fighting in weather battles. For exmaple, A Glaceon equipped with assault vest spamming blizzard/Ice beam buffed up barrier can be pretty deadly if your opponent intends to use a move like flamethrower against it.

Edited by Gregosa

Looks like eevee teams are getting popular

I'm no comp expert, but I'll give it a try.

Sylveon: First, I think that you should remove draining kiss. The HP drain is nice, but the move has too little power to make it worth using IMO. Also, you may want to replace psyshock by Shadow Ball. Yes, it's not SE against poison, but it's neutral against steel types that would other wise wall you completely. You may want to try this build:

Moves: Substitute, Calm Mind, Moonblast, Shadow Ball

EV: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA

It gives you a somewhat tanky Sylveon that has the chance to become an offensive force if given the opportunity.

For Umbreon, you may want to remove one of the 2 dark move and replace it by substitute, the ability to toxic people and regen with moonlight goes well with it.

For Vaporeon, you could replace Hydro Pump by Surf since accuracy is often more important than power and replace toxic by aqua ring. Together with protect and leftovers, your vaporeon should be able to take some hits(especially if you give him more Def EVs)

^ What he said.

I would also suggest giving Vaporeon Substitute since it has some of the highest HP of the eeveelutions and can make sturdy ones that can be baton passed to team mates along with Aqua Ring.

Vaporeon has acces to wish right? It might be better to go all out defensive with it? 252 def?

And perhaps surf or scald instead of hyrdo pump for the accuracy, but that's just my preference.

No, i already stated none of them have wish.

Have you considered rotation battles? I ignored them last generation cause training Pokemon was tedious and the single-player campaign never encouraged using them.

Each Evee represents a different element and can deal with different pokemon on the switch. If you enjoy egg moves this is very convenient because all of them can learn some of the same moves like shadow ball. If you use a move like reflect/lightscreen when you anticipate a switch this might give one of you Evees a fighting chance if it's fighting. I already mentioned in the competition thread that I'm interested in fighting in weather battles. For exmaple, A Glaceon equipped with assault vest spamming blizzard/Ice beam buffed up barrier can be pretty deadly if your opponent intends to use a move like flamethrower against it.

That seems like a good idea, but ill stick to my team, i dont like glaceon as much.

Looks like eevee teams are getting popular

I'm no comp expert, but I'll give it a try.

Sylveon: First, I think that you should remove draining kiss. The HP drain is nice, but the move has too little power to make it worth using IMO. Also, you may want to replace psyshock by Shadow Ball. Yes, it's not SE against poison, but it's neutral against steel types that would other wise wall you completely. You may want to try this build:

Moves: Substitute, Calm Mind, Moonblast, Shadow Ball

EV: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA

It gives you a somewhat tanky Sylveon that has the chance to become an offensive force if given the opportunity.

For Umbreon, you may want to remove one of the 2 dark move and replace it by substitute, the ability to toxic people and regen with moonlight goes well with it.

For Vaporeon, you could replace Hydro Pump by Surf since accuracy is often more important than power and replace toxic by aqua ring. Together with protect and leftovers, your vaporeon should be able to take some hits(especially if you give him more Def EVs)

Really good points, i also agree with substitute for Umbreon, but why for Sylveon if it doesnt have a healing move? Also, what about Umbreon's evs?

The Evs set for Sylveon looks kind of good, but my Sylveon actually has 0 ivs in defense, so i sort of reared it away from being defensive. Would that EVset still work even with 0 IVS?

My suggestions:

Sylveon @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA

Bold Nature

- Reflect

- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Shadow Ball

Set up the Reflect and then set up Calm Mind for perfect neutral damage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Wish

- Ice Beam

- Protect

Team supporter Vaporeon. Passes massive wishes to keep the team healthy.

Umbreon @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk

Impish Nature

- Payback (When PokeBank comes out, replace with Foul Play)

- Toxic

- Heal Bell

- Protect

Stalling Umbreon who also plays the role of a status remover.

My suggestions:

Sylveon @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

- Reflect

- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Shadow Ball

Set up the Reflect and then set up Calm Mind for perfect neutral damage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

- Scald

- Wish

- Ice Beam

- Protect

Team supporter Vaporeon. Passes massive wishes to keep the team healthy.

Umbreon @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk

Impish Nature

- Payback (When PokeBank comes out, replace with Foul Play)

- Toxic

- Heal Bell

- Protect

Stalling Umbreon who also plays the role of a status remover.

4 problems with this.

1. My Sylveon is Modest nature with 0 ivs in defense, and it is a pain to try to get a bold one and going through the process again.

2. My vaporeon doesnt have wish.

3. I cant get a Foul Play/Heal Bell Umbreon because i dont have Pokemon Black/White 2.

4. That Umbreon has no healing move.

Otherwise, i agree with evs/moves for Sylveon, and the Evs for Umbreon and Vaporeon.

No, i already stated none of them have wish.

That seems like a good idea, but ill stick to my team, i dont like glaceon as much.

Really good points, i also agree with substitute for Umbreon, but why for Sylveon if it doesnt have a healing move? Also, what about Umbreon's evs?

The Evs set for Sylveon looks kind of good, but my Sylveon actually has 0 ivs in defense, so i sort of reared it away from being defensive. Would that EVset still work even with 0 IVS?

In this case, you might want to use either the exact Sylveon proposed by Pr. Paletuna(minus the nature) or use the same moves she proposed, but with this EV spread:252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Edited by LuxSpes

1. My Sylveon is Modest nature with 0 ivs in defense, and it is a pain to try to get a bold one and going through the process again.

2. My vaporeon doesnt have wish.

3. I cant get a Foul Play/Heal Bell Umbreon because i dont have Pokemon Black/White 2.

4. That Umbreon has no healing move.

Otherwise, i agree with evs/moves for Sylveon, and the Evs for Umbreon and Vaporeon.

1. You can use the same set, but it'll be harder to set up.

2. That's unfortunate. But you can breed it onto your umbreon or Vaporeon (Breed Male Togetic with Female Skitty, then breed the resulting Wish Male Skitty with a Female Eeveelution for Wish Eevee.

3. Oh right. Forgot it didn't learn Heal Bell this time. Maybe do Attract in its place to have an annoyer? Or get wish for both Vaporeon and Umbreon.

4. Leftovers+Protect is enough recovery for Umbreon.

1. You can use the same set, but it'll be harder to set up.

2. That's unfortunate. But you can breed it onto your umbreon or Vaporeon (Breed Male Togetic with Female Skitty, then breed the resulting Wish Male Skitty with a Female Eeveelution for Wish Eevee.

3. Oh right. Forgot it didn't learn Heal Bell this time. Maybe do Attract in its place to have an annoyer? Or get wish for both Vaporeon and Umbreon.

4. Leftovers+Protect is enough recovery for Umbreon.

Im too lazy to breed to get a Wish eevee, so i guess ill keep Moonlight for Umbreon. My Umbreon doesnt hold Leftovers because in Rated battles, you can't have more than one of the same item. My Vaporeon is holding the leftovers. So for the sets, i have:

Vaporeon Bold 252 defense, 252 hp, 4 Sp attack with leftovers

Scald, Aqua Ring, Protect, Ice beam or Surf, Toxic, Protect, Ice Beam

Sylveon Modest 252 hp, 252 defense, 4 sp attack with Quick claw

Same moves as you said

Umbreon Impish 252 defense, 252 hp, 4 attack with ? item

Payback, Moonlight, Toxic, Protect/Attract

In conclusion, my team would be 3 walls(Umbreon, Vaporeon, Sylveon) and 3 sweepers(Espeon, flareon, Jolteon)

I guess thats pretty balanced

Edited by AssassinSevera

I'd say replace one of your team with Leafeon, because there are several Water/Ground types, some of which I see used more frequently than other Water or Ground types, and only Grass type moves will hurt them a lot. Trust me, Water/Ground types are annoying if you don't have a good Grass type move handy. Leafeon is pretty tanky physically too.

Edited by Anacybele